Regulus Hinder - Priest of Kazra

Use this forum for In Character Interactions only.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

halfogre0520
Baron
Baron

Regulus Hinder - Priest of Kazra

Post by halfogre0520 »

Height: 6'2"
Weight: 180 lbs.
Hair: Black
Eyes: Dark Brown
Complexion: Fair
Tattoos / Scars: None

Physical Description: Rather stripling in build, Regulus wears the heaviest armor he can find at any given time. Rarely finding a weapon to suit his tastes, whatever currently hangs at his waist is well cared for if a little worn. His sharp cheekbones accentuate the groomed haircut and haunting eyes. He is quite good looking and will stand out in a small crowd.

Personality: Attractive and engaging, Regulus will stop to talk with those who are not put off by his holy symbol. Even if they profess to detest Kazra, he will not become defensive, only smile and offer a blessing to that person as if from their own diety. Regulus is never confrontational, rarely starting fights, but willing to see them through to the end if need be.

Brief History:

“Gorm, watch out behind you!â€
BSK User: Douglas Thurman
Character: Regulus Hinder, Cleric of Kazra
Character: Test Subject One - Fighter, Level 6
"The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory."
- Paul Fix
halfogre0520
Baron
Baron

Post by halfogre0520 »

Regulus grunted under the weight of his pack. His most recent destruction of several walking corpses left him with large and heavy objects of unknown origin. "Blast. Next time I have to think before I turn."

As he struggled, he noticed another zombie making its way towards him. He looked in the direction of the hamlet and salvation. The zombie seemed to also turn its head to match his stare. It shuffled on towards him. He tried to shuffle faster, but he and the zombie were in a dead heat. His own power to turn undead was used up for the day, and he knew to ask Kazra for more would be his own death. So, he grimly inched towards the Hamlet with the zombie hot...err slowly...hmm. Plodding to within bashing distance. He couldn't think of anything slower.

Just then his toe found a hidden root and he almost tripped if not for the weight of his backpack. He looked up in embarrassment to see the zombie hacking a dry laugh at his misfortune. Blasted undead! Finally, he collapsed onto the Hamlet's dry dusty road. He looked behind him to see the zombie wander off back towards the crypt. He sighed and sat against the barn to rest and recoup his spells.

"Regulus old bean, you need a new hobby."
"The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory."
- Paul Fix
halfogre0520
Baron
Baron

Post by halfogre0520 »

"So Bordermarch has Dragon problems." Regulus thought to himself as he scanned the Frozen Waste's horizon and last daylight hours. He hiked up his backpack and readied himself for the venture. "This should be an adventure."

He kneeled before a small shrine he had constructed and closed his eyes. Kazra's strength and her power he felt through his bond, yet today he felt a little something extra. His fear and his love were evident in his shiver and smile. "Blessed Kazra, grant me this day a portion of your power so that I may go forth and show this world your greatness." Regulus raised his arms and felt the energy flow through him. He stood and donned his helm. The words of magic and blessings enveloped him with protection and destructive power.

He strode through the Frozen Passage with impunity. Snow Beasts and Winter Wolves fled before his onslaught. Their corpses sank into the snow covered landscape, staining the pure white with their red blood. Soon enough, he stood before the large cave where Dragon signs had led him. He felt that something else stirring in his veins, and he welcomed the feeling. "Let's go see what a Dragon has to offer for a challenge." Regulus spoke to no one in particular and swung his morningstar a few times before crossing the cave's threshold.

"Oh great Kazra that's a big Dragon." Regulus closed his mouth and concentrated on the roaring White Wyrm in front of him. The beast advanced and soon Regulus felt the cold fear creep up on him. Trying to shake it off, he couldn't keep his mind on the fight. The numbing fear drove him to his knees and he huddled in the entrance as the billowing cold crashed upon him. "Make it stop! Go away!" His mewling caused the Dragon to laugh at the form in his home.

"Small human, what did you hope to accomplish here?" The booming voice pounded through the fear and he managed a soft response.

"I was asked to slay you for Bordermarch." He hid his face from the large snout hovering inches from his head.

"Why did you come?" The cold breath frosted Regulus' sweat soaked hair and made him shiver even more.

"I came..." Regulus stopped for a moment and really thought about it. "I came because I felt it was the right thing to do." The fear coursed through his mind and he huddled once more.

"Yes. I felt it too. So unfortunate that you came here to die." The Dragon breathed icicles at Regulus and watched as his shivering stopped in death.

Cold...so cold. Regulus watched as his lifeless body below him bled into the snow. He looked around as the cave began to swim before his eyes. He looked on in amazement as the Dragon nudged him with a foreclaw.

Pain...so much pain. The scaled chin was within reach, yet the fire of pain ran him through like a giant greatsword. He reached out with a hand and brushed the scale. The power of his Goddess roared into life and reared the Dragon back on his hindclaws screaming as the life fled from him. Regulus lurched to his feet unsteadily, still clutching the morning star rife with darkfire. One hit and the crashing corpse of the White Dragon flung snow into the air for yards around. Covered in the white powder, Regulus reached into himself for the power and healed his wounds. Standing over the now lifeless Wyrm, he knew what it was he had felt coming here.

Kinship.
- Paul Fix