Friends of Fawn Rally

Use this forum for In Character Interactions only.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Queen Naga II
Duke
Duke

Post by Queen Naga II »

"Annia Jallen in passing notices the familiar writtings and the signature..*

*She tries to read the message but is unable, asking a passing mage to read it for her she nods her appreciation to the mage and writes down a few things in her book in fine elvish noting time and place*

(( OOC: Might be a bit late as 10PM -GMT-7 , is like 5am Sunday morning to me but will try )).
dark-777
Baron
Baron

Alynn speaks the truth.

Post by dark-777 »

Fawn in any type of management for Starkson or anything else... You will fail and the Empire you are attempting to manage will crumble. You haven’t what it takes to become a leader... to become a leader one must first master the art of being lead. You do not possess that quality. I know that I am not the only one who shares this opinion. I'm just the only one who will say it.
G_n_S_Penzance
Knight
Knight

Post by G_n_S_Penzance »

Pemmyton's familiar, Veri observes silently, for silence is all she has.
She listens to the words of Alynn and wonders why such words would be issued forth.
Direct assails on the sovereign? She would communicate with Pemmyton, and then Pemmyton directly to Lady Fawn.

The absense and silence of Alynn Boh for so long, then suddenly out of the blue she shows up and voices herself. What tidings does this forbare?
Veri shrugs silently and flies off towards her master, and the Starkson to report her findings.

The pixie transformed into the larger form Pemmyton had allowed her, and began signing with her hands.
Pemmyton smiled first at the arrival of his missing 'eyes and ears', but then frowned at the words she formed with her hands and emotions.

So, this is how it is? He quickly scribed out some notations, in a secreted code, and sent one copy to Lady Fawn, and another copy to Lady Nadia.

Pemmyton turned to Veri, and spoke " Back to your training eh my tiny friend? Your Eyes and Ears are very good indeed, return to your vigil Veri and have your fun." Veri nodded, and all but vanished from sight.
Pemmyton stepped lightly down the stairs into his laboratory, bubbling tubes and the crackle of the cauldrons flames, combined with the static sounds of the electical charged equipment, and went back to work.
Pemmyton asked, a silent question to himself, should he make the secret experiment known to them yet, or finish it, then let it be known..
"Not yet time,. not yet time.. but soon." Pemmyton said aloud, just enough to stir the thing under the cloth on the table.
--Pemmyton the Arcitect.
--Veri ( Pemmyton's pixie familiar )
dm_demitri
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by dm_demitri »

dark-777 wrote:Fawn in any type of management for Starkson or anything else... You will fail and the Empire you are attempting to manage will crumble. You haven’t what it takes to become a leader... to become a leader one must first master the art of being lead. You do not possess that quality. I know that I am not the only one who shares this opinion. I'm just the only one who will say it.
// Nice timing. Fawn had a family emergency come up on Saturday and has travelled out of state for a few days. I'm sure she'll reply to this when she returns.

Just a few questions on my mind though: Why did it take a full month for you to post your flaming? Takes a while to build up courage, eh? Maybe needed to wait for a while when it seemed fawn wasn't around to reply? Or maybe you heard she wouldn't be around right now and thought it a good opportunity to get a jab in..
Overall I wonder this, "What exactly happened to make you voice this flame so strongly right now? Has some recent injustice been done to you, or is this just a spin-off of someone else's whining and you thought to say something now?"

In truth, to me this seems a fairly lame attempt to start a flame war. We have enough of those as it is, don't you think? Or maybe you don't want to be 'left out of the action'? Whatever the reason, flame wars are frowned on, no matter how you try to disguise it. If there's a real IC issue other than just general attempts to smear, then why not talk about those instead of just a personal flame?

Thanks,
~Demitri
Last edited by dm_demitri on Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
ValentianNizzle
Duke
Duke

Post by ValentianNizzle »

// Over all I wonder: Was this IC or OOC?
dm_demitri
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by dm_demitri »

// OOC stuff has these little slash marks '//' in front of it. Thing is, the post by dark_777 (Alynn) had absolutely ZERO useful information about what any issues or problems there might be. Only flaming words of a personal attack designed to spurn a reaction.

Just a useless flame is all it is. An attempt at getting a rise out of someone.

And Alynn/Tela? You might want to consider reading this post before you continue: http://thewastelands.org/viewtopic.php?t=195

Just calling it as I see it.
~Demitri
dark-777
Baron
Baron

Tela speaks the truth.

Post by dark-777 »

//Why my post was presented from Alynn and not Tela is beyond me.. The message was from Tela and HAD No personal intention OOC. Nadia, why you insist on making this personal is also a mystery. You as a DM should NOT get on the offensive just because you misconstrued MY post when everyone obviously didn't (Pemmyton i.e.)
Also F.Y.I I have been gone from Blackstone for a little over a month now. So the reason for my post WASNT that Fawn had a family emergency. And there is nothing wrong with my "nerves" nor do they have to be worked up for me to voice my opinion. If you want to discuss it further, you can do it via a PM, but next time before you assume its personal I ask that you come to the source before attempting to make someone look bad.//

Thanks
Tela.
T'banyin
Duke
Duke

Post by T'banyin »

// this does seem a very dead roleplay line to bring back up.
When I read dark_777's post I read it as a flame as well, no offense dakr_777.
An issue of disgruntled views on guild structures would be best suited roleplay wise, in game, posting on the forums, whether it is in the roleplay section or not, something about mismanagement and views on their abilities just falls into a bad area.

dark_777, please do not take this poorly, however, what you said, had no baring on the topic at all, It did not further the post, you were not speaking in defense of a happening posted on the forums, nor did you bring up specifics to make it 'roleplay' rather than flames.

I hope no one takes what i have said personally, but to be honest, when I read what was posted, then read the responses, I must agree that demitri has a point, that this thread sounds more of hostility than roleplay.

Perhaps if you have ooc problems with this person you need to discuss them, or simply avoid them?
~~I am the cat who walks by himself~~
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

Post by Pretty Fly White Guy »

// I've nothing against them. i think they're a cool cat.

Excuse the pun. //
dm_demitri
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by dm_demitri »

// I have no problems with anyone. I saw the start of a flame fest and don't want to see it. I'm not talking as Nadia here, I'm here as Demitri. There's a BIG difference. Nadia is not a DM and moderator here, Demitri is. The two are very seperate and distinct.

I'm not the only one who's not keen on the flaming going on in these forums. As DM and moderator here, I'm seeking to stop a flame war before it begins. Nothing more.

I have no problems with anyone. Not with you Alynn/Tela or with Fawn or anyone at all. I have no emotional ties or thoughts about this one way or another really, as you are entitled to your opinion as everyone else is. I just don't want to see the flaming begin anew.

If you have something constructive to input as IC stuff, then by all means you are welcome (and even encouraged) to do so. (Having problem areas brought to the attention of people is a grand start on helping to aliviate the problems.)

However, open-ended hostility without any cause shown or given isn't RP constructive in any way is just another type of flaming. And flaming is what we as DMs and moderators here are trying to curb.

Here's how I see it: WHY Alynn or Tela would be replying IC to an old and obsolete note about a meeting that took place long ago and do so with such obvious hostility? I can't fathom any IC reason for that, nor was such reason given by you. Therefore, I can only view it as OOC flaming.

If your intention was for RP reasons, then perhaps a change of HOW you present whatever information you base these emotions on would be a good place to start.

Still just calling it as I see it...
~Demitri

-Debates locking this thread if the situation isn't understood and settled-
ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

// .....

dark-777, not to critique you, but I offer a suggestion. In the future, if time slips away from something you consider a valid RP direction, start a new thread IC which includes a flash back to whatever you missed. That will allow you to reference it and reveal what would have been your response if you had been able to log in at the time of original occurance.

It would also allow you to let the flashback fade and revisit the "memory" in the present context. Maybe give examples of how your ideas about her proved true or to hint at your own schemes to undermine IG.

From an outside PoV, your post did come across a touch odd. Hearing your reply helped make sense of the reasoning behind it.

If I may offer one more bit of advice?
Paragraph those kinds of IC posts so they have more impact and seperates your points. This would lend more authority to your words and has the added benifit of being easier to read.

Example:
"Fawn in any type of management for Starkson or anything else... You will fail and the Empire you are attempting to manage will crumble. You haven’t what it takes to become a leader... to become a leader one must first master the art of being lead.

You do not possess that quality. I know that I am not the only one who shares this opinion. I'm just the only one who will say it."

Lastly, I am not sure what your OOC relationship with Fawn is, but an IG rivalry can often benifit from a little friendly OOC action between players. It helps the two sides orgainize thier opposition to eachother better and since both players know that the other is not being OOC spiteful out of... well... spite... it makes the IG feud all the more fun

Hope that helps.

Myle
Artist? Writer? Musician?
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
http://www.myspace.com/st_dm_myle
dark-777
Baron
Baron

Post by dark-777 »

//As far as I know, there is some OOC hostility. Let me explain.

//All Tela knows of Fawn is that she was friends with Sam and asked her to alter what she was wearing.. after Sam offered to do so. This was months and months ago... to BSK ... years. A big IC thing burst out in which multitudes not involved threw in their 2 cents worth.. in essence metagaming against Fawn.
//First of all Fawn, don’t flatter yourself. You aren’t important enough to me to care about you OOC. Or IC for that matter. Tela was merely making a statement, an opinion. And I have NEVER expressed hostility, Nor have I metagamed you ever. I have one account and I know you were fully aware of who Tela was. And the situation with Sam, was Tela sticking up for her friend... Again you flatter yourself into thinking it was about you.//
//It got out of hand OOC as it hurt Samara's feelings to have her "two" friends against each other. For Sam's sake, Pemmy got involved and we all had an OOC chat in which Tela was not going to bother Fawn and Fawn was not going to seek any kind of vengence for the challenge and insults thrown at her. Fawn has kept her word. Tela has not.
//Let me be the one to tell you silly girl, If Tela had not left you alone. Everyone would know about it, because you would have no doubt gone crying to your favorite DM.. Yes it wouldn’t be the first time.//

//Tela used IC to demand that Sam choose between friends. Accordingly Sam, who wished to be Starkson, did not take the ultimatum.
//This statement is just a flat out lie.. Where are the DM's now with their massive defense about flaming? I never gave my friend an ultimatum. That just isn’t in my make up to do. I.. Unlike you.. Do not try to control my friends. But I guess that’s what makes the world so great is people and their differences//
//Fawn's greatest OOC question was if the player wanted to befriend Sam and not leave her in the lurch without training assistance, why did she not come on as Alynn and assist Sam? Or assist her OOC with buffs and let her know that IC she needed to RP with Alynn? That was her sworn duty as a player with a Starkson member. To bring on that Starkson member character to assist other players, especially those who are Starkson hopefuls
//You back biting snake.. I was the one helping her with gear and buffs, as I helped you when you needed something.. No matter the cost I bought you what you needed at the time. Just as I did for Sam. I know the truth. So you can try to fool the rest of the world but you and I both know the truth, as does Sam.//
//This is true as Starkson is the only guild with an OOC purpose, which is the promotion and continued aid to players to develope and maintain good RP habits. The oath of loyalty to Starkson that members take includes a non-conflicting interests vow. Dark_777 deliberately played to a conflicting interest.
// I never have played against Starkson as a guild. I have other characters with other personalities. And not you nor anyone else can tell me how MY characters are to be RP'd so get over it, and attempting to throw my account name out in a sentence wont help you either hun.//
//Since that time, Fawn has initiated no interaction with Tela, does not accept her RP as valid with that character. If there is another problem which involves someone else, she should let me know in a PM.
//Silly girl, Tela hasn’t made the slightest attempt to RP with you.. As I said before.. you flatter yourself way too much. I haven’t give you any RP, and don’t intend to. I am not one to baby-sit another’s feelings nor will I walk on eggshells because of who you know, or whom you think you are. So I decided after the tear session you gave Pemmy I would let you live.//

//I know that there are hostile feelings towards me as a player and most specifically as Fawn's player. Why? I don't know. But I sought to keep away from it by keeping away from Tela and the Wags and their RP. Alynn has not been around. She and Fawn used to get along famously. But she used "Fawn" to spread the news about her wedding OOC and then refused to tell her where on Starkson Isle it would be held... why? Why did Fawn have to kill a dragon to attend?

//You brought this "hostile" attitude into the gap between us. As far as the wedding goes I asked you as a favor to spread the news.. And I told you there was a portal open directly to the wedding. So that again is a flat out lie.. Still think you can deceive the world by twisting the truth.. Well you have done it in the past so I'll give that one to you. Hats off little one... And I don’t know anything about a dragon. So you’re on your own there :wink: //

//So that is my evidence that she has an OOC reason to pretend there is an IC thread going on ... just to flame Fawn. Tela doesn't really KNOW Fawn or anything about her. And frankly, neither does Alynn since she hasn't been around to watch Fawn's growth nor to know much about her since clothing was an issue.
//Okay, Look Fawn .. How quickly you forget me nursing you through your relationship with Hordack, and Alynn giving you advice more than enough times. On YOUR love life. But we seem to have forgotten that haven’t we. So I think Alynn knows a lot more than you would like to admit, I am also very good friends with Hordack. So before you backbite me little one, remember that.//
//And no, dark_777 isn't alone. It has turned into an all out malign and discredit Fawn on BSK campaign. As much OOC as IC. Is Fawn that powerful and threatening? Cause see, she is unaware of it. So my question is WTF?
//Again, you’re building yourself up way too much... "Powerful and threatening" Come on... now you're trying to be funny :P //

Dark-777
Tela
Alynn