Role Play complaints in the Keep

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

dmcclain
Count
Count

Role Play complaints in the Keep

Post by dmcclain »

I am sooooo tired of hearing people complain about role play dying in the keep. I have my own role play and have merged mine with another players(eliot rey). It blended beautifully.

So believe me, I understand wanting to develop your own rp. But there are people standing by the tree and in the arena begging to be a part of rp. Don't exclude them. So, they may not fit into your rp, so what. Eliot Rey and I, both have characters that don't fit into our own rp. Play them that way. Introduce yourself. Use it as a way to introduce your characters back story.

Rp is like real life, you are going to meet people that just don't want to talk or don't want to talk about your topic, you will get ignored and may get yelled at. Handle the rp like your character would, this is rl to your character. Each of my characters is different, some are nicer than others and yes, there are days they don't want to talk...they will let you know. I have gotten tells in game from rl people who have gotten upset at me for what my character said to them, it is rp, don't tell me, tell my character. My character may not like yours, that doesn't mean I don't like you.
Its a role play lite server, if you don't want to role play, tell people IC that you don't wanna talk.

BUT: if you want to rp and are having trouble, please find one of my characters (if I'm fighting a mob you may have to give me a minute, I tend to die while typing and I'm trying to stop that).

As I get off my soap box...REMEMBER: if you aren't part of the solution, you are part of the problem. Stop complaining, take a step back away from your own rp (or bring yours to them) and talk to someone.

(edited just for Gibbo :D )

Lady Topanga Goldleaf
Deva Arniman
Remy LeBeau
Jaylor Holliday
Saphire (not very friendly :x )
Red Sonja
Last edited by dmcclain on Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
"People in Icewater want Hell!"

~Harley Quinn, Batman Hush
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

:cry: :cry:

Please... please, oh merciful Sky Wizard above! Let there be paragraph breaks! Her message is true and pure, but it hurts us to read it in blocks!

:cry: :cry:

Though, to be honest, the best roleplays are outside the keep. In Skara Brae, or Bordermarch, and sometimes even Oasis.
ZOMFGOMBIES!
dmcclain
Count
Count

Post by dmcclain »

I totally agree with you...some of the best roleplays are not in the keep but someone tried to rp with me while I was in mindflayers and I kept dying and my character got mad and spouted off, like she would if someone were trying to talk to her during a fight. It wasn't pretty.

Thanatos
Duke
Duke

Post by Thanatos »

dmcclain wrote:I totally agree with you...some of the best roleplays are not in the keep but someone tried to rp with me while I was in mindflayers and I kept dying and my character got mad and spouted off, like she would if someone were trying to talk to her during a fight. It wasn't pretty.

I'm gonna follow you down there and have a tea party on your dead body...now THERE"S some RP for ya. :P
Fact: Ninjas are mammals
Fact: Ninjas fight ALL the time
dmcclain
Count
Count

Post by dmcclain »

Sadistic and sad...but true. Reminds me of the Tom Petty video with Alice and the cake...back on topic. At least its rp, and once I'm rezed, I'll join you.

Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

I agree with you dmcclain. One has to stay in char and not all my char are that nice of folks. The player is far different from the chars I play.

I try to wrap my rps around what the other folks ask for in tells or bounce off what they give. But yes I can't rp one on one with everyone. Sometimes it's a quick hello type rp. Just like RL. Other times it is more indepth. But depending on the char depends on what their focus will be.

If it's Orty yes Starkson and her family are her main focuses. It will be that way no matter what. She is neutral not good. She will only focus on those she has a interest in and those who are her family. She will be nice to those who are nice to her and typical drow nasty to those who are well ... over the edge. She is effected by emotions around her.

Zin'terra is well... ah... pretty much needs her brain cell recharged. She's a valley girl demon who picked the wrong god and got kicked out of the abyss. She's just a comic char for laughts.

I have several other chars who fit many other molds and set ups. Some are for rps some are not. Even though I never planned to rp with Belatrix the Auctioneress I do rp with folks when they talk to her. She again is light hearted and will often do puns and jokes as well.

For the most part any who approch me I will rps with to some degree. I just right now don't have any major rps going because of RL and I never know when I will be on or if I will be on long enough for folks to enjoy the rp. I would hate to leave some hanging if I can't get back for a few weeks due to work.

And yes most rps if the start in the Keep often move to other places in the mod. But still some rps are only around the tree or docks.
The world is a strange place.
dmcclain
Count
Count

Post by dmcclain »

That's cool that you have your own thing but do you bend a little for new people? Do you come out of your rp, still in character, and talk or not talk to others around. Even if its a snyde remark and growl in Drow fashion, to let them know you're character isn't ignoring them just not the social type to people she doesn't know. I never wanna get so wrapped up in my rp storyline that I neglect others that are willing to rp and are feeling like no one wants to talk to them, but that's just me.

Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

What we have here is a theater company and each of us builds a toon to play a particular charactor. I've seen Forest Gump out there and the lady Galdriel (sp), and those two from Pulp Fiction .... Oh and Darth Vadar/Capt Howdie/Rasputin (sorry Dread but I had to add you, yes and I know Bambi vs. Godzilla is your favorite flick). So ham it up with a side of scrambled eggs and toast (Epic Ruin followed by Hellball)!
Now for the power levelers who are out to level a toon at light speed that's a whole different kettle of fish and subject for another thread.
dmcclain
Count
Count

Post by dmcclain »

Capt. Cliff obviously hasn't met Ookla the Mok, Thundarr, Red Sonja or Remy LaBeau yet. (only two are mine)

eclipse08
Duke
Duke

Post by eclipse08 »

I saw Yul Brenner on the other night.
eclipse08
Duke
Duke

Post by eclipse08 »

eclipse08 wrote:I saw Yul Brenner on the other night.
And the character had hair. :P
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

Post by Pretty Fly White Guy »

Hah, i frequently end up pretending to recieve money for items, potions and stuff i give to lowbies.

I'd likely be as rich as Nizzle, were I as shrewd.
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

dmcclain wrote:That's cool that you have your own thing but do you bend a little for new people? Do you come out of your rp, still in character, and talk or not talk to others around. Even if its a snyde remark and growl in Drow fashion, to let them know you're character isn't ignoring them just not the social type to people she doesn't know. I never wanna get so wrapped up in my rp storyline that I neglect others that are willing to rp and are feeling like no one wants to talk to them, but that's just me.
I have many times had folks start rping with me and I go with what they start. The problem is often too many at once rping and I can't answer everyone at the same time.

There has been times folks start rping with me and another shows up and wants my attention. I tend to go with the first person because I feel it is rude to suddenly ignor them. For some I have had to send tells telling them I can't rp right now but later I will. Often I get folks asking how long will the rp go on? I can't answer that one since I never put a time limit on folks rping. It's pretty much first come first rped with. Nor do I press folks to rp with me either. It is always by their choice.
The world is a strange place.
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

My eyes and the rest of my sanity thank you for the paragraph spaces. :D
ZOMFGOMBIES!
dmcclain
Count
Count

Post by dmcclain »

*Does a "we're not worthy" wave to Jazelle. And people like you are why rp in the keep will continue and will be fun. Play on sister :P

Only the best for Gibbo...couldn't have your head hurting because of my spacing issues. :D