No More Threats

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Gahani
Knight
Knight

No More Threats

Post by Gahani »

It seems that this particular threat gets thrown in to many discussions on these forums.
3. Driller once before had gotten so fed up with people trying to tell him how to run HIS mod, and other factors, that he pulled the plug on it. There's nothing to stop him from doing that again, if even on a whim. I encourage you all not to give him more proverbial straws to break the camel's back, otherwise we're all out in the woods.
BSK is Driller's hobby. He is no saint or philanthropist. Like any hobbyist, he will pursue his interests so long as he gains some enjoyment from it. As soon as the headaches outweigh the enjoyment and the server becomes more like a job, his attitude will likely change. What he does about that is his business, nobody else's.

At last count, there were 200 servers listed under the roleplay section of gamespy. If BSK were to disappear there would likely be some minor fluctuations in the player base of a number of servers and things would soon settle down.

First, there is a limit to how much you can influence someone's hobby by posting complaints on these forums...it's the nature of a hobby. Second, the threat that the plug is going to be pulled if the player base does not behave is uncalled for and utterly inappropriate.
Last edited by Gahani on Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

Post by Pretty Fly White Guy »

This warranted it's own topic because?
Freddies Nightmares
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Freddies Nightmares »

:?:
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

Gahani has made an excellent point. BSK is drillerworld or wallyworld/disneyland/six-flags all roled into one. Provide guidance or suggestions ... but enjoy the ride.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I just registered http://blackstonekeep.com a good clue that I am going to keep the server for a while.

-driller
Qui Chang
Baron
Baron

Post by Qui Chang »

Neato! :P
"When the student is ready.....the master appears" Old Zen Saying
Thanatos
Duke
Duke

Post by Thanatos »

driller wrote:I just registered http://blackstonekeep.com a good clue that I am going to keep the server for a while.

-driller
I always wondered why that wasn't the URL in the first place.
Fact: Ninjas are mammals
Fact: Ninjas fight ALL the time
DM_Mystic
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by DM_Mystic »

It's not a threat, it's a history lesson. But you go on, say and do whatever you please - it is after all, a free world.
viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

DM_Mystic wrote:It's not a threat, it's a history lesson. But you go on, say and do whatever you please - it is after all, a free world.
Call it what you will, Mystic... But since, in essence if not directly, when you used that threat towards me (or my post, since you in the same breath accused me of taking your comments personally and being a drama queen), I thought I'd comment on your response to Gahani.

When you used that "threat" or "history lesson" as you'd prefer to call it, your purpose in doing so was to stop me from complaining about driller's attitude towards my thread post. Your attempt to control what I was commenting on by using this "lesson" was indeed a threat that if I did not stop, then it was possible the entire server would suffer due to my actions.

As much as I disagree with you on that point alone, I also disagree with you on your point here. It would have been much more useful for you to debate (on the other topic) why driller was justified in his actions toward me or why the topic was, as he said, absurd. Offering threats and reasons why the complaint should stop did not at all contribute, just as your snide remark above does not contribute to Gahani's original complaint.

Basically, I would have liked some sort of direct apology from driller. I didn't get it, which was fine. Your adding insult to injury didn't help much, and your attempt to invalidate Gahani's post is also pretty insulting.
Difas
Duke
Duke

Post by Difas »

again.. i propose and orgy instead of killing each other... :P
PURPLE!!!!

PLAYING:
Difas Cend: Gnome Bard, Purple Wonder

Zed: Mule :P

Zacho Cend: Druid of Lia, Slayer of Umgahs
ValentianNizzle
Duke
Duke

Post by ValentianNizzle »

Difas wrote:again.. i propose and orgy instead of killing each other... :P
Are you gay? You always propose that orgy thing in threads with male posters...
BaskingDemon
Count
Count

Post by BaskingDemon »

ValentianNizzle wrote:
Difas wrote:again.. i propose and orgy instead of killing each other... :P
Are you gay? You always propose that orgy thing in threads with male posters...
Just check out his avatar... nuff said
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Lets cool the personal attacks and talks of orgies.
I am locking this thread.

-driller