Role Play Barriers

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

No I was not on BSK when it had the Keep pvp. True I think I have stated that several times. I was on when all hell broke loose and tons of undead, the keep flooded, a lich went crasy, you went crasy, and I had some wise guy named Xanthurous who keep removing Orty's clothes and I think ever guy playing that night popped into the keep for a view.

I was there when several events happened around the tree that left a lot of folks dead. A ton of char arguments between yours and my chars that everyone thought would end with a dead drow. And about 20 other event happenings including a few Driller did.... in the Keep.

What I suggest is Driller make a dm wand that will allow the Keep to at times be reflagged as pvp.

As for going a few months with the Keep as pvp if Driller wants to do it fine. I don't see many newbies staying around once some jerk decides to hang ten around the ship and pp the hell out of them or just kill them.

If the only reason is to make the Keep pvp to deal with jerks you really don't need to. Rps do fine as it is right now if they need pvp they can go outside anyway. With the portal and all there is always lag next to the tree anyway. PVp settins will only make that lag worse. And I have a high end graphics card and I still get lag when I hit that corner and to towards the tree.

One good suggestion is put that portal in it's own zone that might cut some of the lag.
The world is a strange place.
Wing--Zero
Duke
Duke

Post by Wing--Zero »

Jazelle wrote:As for going a few months with the Keep as pvp if Driller wants to do it fine. I don't see many newbies staying around once some jerk decides to hang ten around the ship and pp the hell out of them or just kill them.
Funny thing about the statment is I remeber being a newby at that time...I never got pked while I was on the boat or in the keep. I remeber getting feared casted one me at one time from a on hit spell. That was about it though. Also that was from a battle that was going on in the hamlet.

The point that lowbies wont stay on bsk is honestly pointless b/c back than we had plenty of new people comeing in heck the server was full a bunch. I remeber clicking over and over trying to get in. So than whats wrong with trying pvp in the keep??
Duo Maxwell
Auran Goodman
Damian Goodman
Daniel Goodman
Karn
Aye Spyu
Heia The Deamon
and some others :P
Log-ins: Zero, X, X_Mule, Z_mule
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

Well while I was on it was full all the time too. So where is the difference? 3 years of having the keep non-pvp and there was still major events and such. The serve full all the time. The only thing I see that could of caused the current changes was that BSK went down and there was the if it was going to stay up for a long time due to NWN2. That is really the only thing I see that truly affected RPs.

RPers like to know things will be around for a while or they won't give their best. That cloud could very well have caused the change.

Let's see BSK is what 5 years old? Of that times most of it has had the Keep as Non-PVP. As I understand it was only a very short time that it was pvp. So what your asking for is going back 3 years to 4 years ago? Why when the majority of the time the non-pvp settins was good enough?

Just because things have or had not happen to you does not mean they have not or will not happen. I'm sorry all I see are pvpers wanting everything their way and to get their way. I do not see many rper's supporting such a change.

I do not see a reason to make a hub in a mod pvp. I see more reason to keep it non-pvp. I do see pvper's going a muck easy. I also see a lot of rps ending up as quick H&S. If I had had Orty on for the first few days in a pvp Keep I'm sure the Hunters would of killed her after just a few insults. That is mainly why I keep her so long in the Keep. So that I could at least rp for a while and establish the char and her view point before having the deal with what at the time was common with the Hunters doing quick kills back then.

I know a lot of folks who got tired and left the server back then because of the Hunters being bullies on the road. Several of them at the time I had long talks with to get them to come back.

If you want a pvp city have Driller make one. But as I said for years the Keep has been fine why change it now?
wdpepsiman
Count
Count

Post by wdpepsiman »

well now if you call the Hunters killing poor old Kazarites and other thugs who preyed upon noobs on the road being bullies well yes we were quick to kill them. unlike others who talked about doing it, we did it and then talked about it. i am sure some feelings were hurt slong the way, but actions had consequences or lack therof in some peoples's case. back then you talked the talk you were expected to walk the walk or you were exposed for what you were, all talk and no action , could be why some are still here and others have just faded away.
Wing--Zero
Duke
Duke

Post by Wing--Zero »

Jazelle wrote:Just because things have or had not happen to you does not mean they have not or will not happen. I'm sorry all I see are pvpers wanting everything their way and to get their way. I do not see many rper's supporting such a change.
Wait wiat... so you mean to tell me that all you see are pvpers to get there way...and how long have the "select few" rpers had there way?? wasnt it what...3-4 years you said?? Also I made a little list of who all supported the pvp in the keep.

Me
Cassius <who said he was on both sides>
Nizzle
Alyndur
Basking Deamon
wdpepsiman
GoVols
Roland Deschain
eclipseO8
BabyDollJenifer
Chbtartdat
temordae1
Thanatos
Maun
Trudes
Cajin
dmcclain
Fenrip
EliotRey
QuiChang
Jackybaby
Tropic of Cancer
Berforam
Youko
HelloBsk
Rune Broderson
Warlock
Eldora Blackwood
Dan8145
Freddies Nightmares

So...your telling me all these guys and gals are pvpers only and dont rp??
They all supported it at some time or another on the 3 threads we have about pvp in bsk. I highly disagree with you that we who want pvp in the keep cant rp or just want pvp Jaz. We are wanting to spice it up.

As for your little city idea...why not just go stay in the Den its a non pvp area and was made for strick rp <I think thats what its for>.

As GoVols has posted to the theroy of lowbies being killed. Dosent it seem better for them to be attacked where there are witnesses aroudn and people who will raise them and come to there aid <in a rp fassion>. Than haveing someone go out and get them on the road or in the pasture where it could take till the next reset till they got raised??
Duo Maxwell
Auran Goodman
Damian Goodman
Daniel Goodman
Karn
Aye Spyu
Heia The Deamon
and some others :P
Log-ins: Zero, X, X_Mule, Z_mule
Cajin
Count
Count

Post by Cajin »

Entirely true, I am an RP'er by heart on this server (all my main chars being rp only) but yes, PvP RP mind: RP is quite welcome to me. Ofcourse I am still a fan of giving and recieving consent for these things though but that is common courtesy to me to ensure both players (or more) all have fun doing that.

:)
- Cajin "The Reborn"
- Kelth and William McEwann
- Ghûrzhazh Rhânanûr
-Duncan "The Hunk" Mackinlay
HelloBSK
Count
Count

Post by HelloBSK »

Wing--Zero wrote:
Jazelle wrote:Just because things have or had not happen to you does not mean they have not or will not happen. I'm sorry all I see are pvpers wanting everything their way and to get their way. I do not see many rper's supporting such a change.
Wait wiat... so you mean to tell me that all you see are pvpers to get there way...and how long have the "select few" rpers had there way?? wasnt it what...3-4 years you said?? Also I made a little list of who all supported the pvp in the keep.

Me
Nizzle
Alyndur
Basking Deamon
wdpepsiman
GoVols
Roland Deschain
eclipseO8
BabyDollJenifer
Chbtartdat
temordae1
Thanatos
Maun
Trudes
Cajin
dmcclain
Fenrip
EliotRey
QuiChang
Jackybaby
Tropic of Cancer
Berforam
Youko
HelloBsk
Rune Broderson
Warlock
Eldora Blackwood
Dan8145
Freddies Nightmares

They all supported it at some time or another on the 3 threads we have about pvp in bsk. I highly disagree with you that we who want pvp in the keep cant rp or just want pvp Jaz. We are wanting to spice it up.

As for your little city idea...why not just go stay in the Den its a non pvp area and was made for strick rp <I think thats what its for>.

As GoVols has posted to the theroy of lowbies being killed. Dosent it seem better for them to be attacked where there are witnesses aroudn and people who will raise them and come to there aid <in a rp fassion>. Than haveing someone go out and get them on the road or in the pasture where it could take till the next reset till they got raised??

Wow, 30 players... how many does BSK support at one time now..? It would seem that majority rules here. Not that means it should change, just that there are a lot of people who are in favor of it. Oh and Jaz, just because you do not see the screen names here in BSK rping does not mean the people are not RPing with you on a different Log in. Many of us have been here for some time and have SEVERAL log ins to keep our characters straight. Therefore, I think you will see that many of us are the very RPers you are or have RPed with.

Just my 2 cents. (maybe 3 now :wink: )
Freddies Nightmares
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Freddies Nightmares »

Lets take a look at PnP DnD...when a group are in a town or city arent there random encounters...thugs ..brigands and the like...

Or if in a large city thieves operate ..i know in my past experiences there have been but not all PnP is the same...

Its like talking to a neighbour then realising some rotten toad has just robbed ya neighbour 5 doors down i know cruel but it happens...in the case of BSK it adds realism to the situation if a lowbie gets off the boat and is mugged for a few coins well that would be a little realistic in an RP sense...

Yes yes i know what ya saying about those who wouldnt RP it etc etc..well to those few who dont and just like to grief and there is no DM around there are two open options..screen shot it(for those who dont know how to do this just ask in game or on the forum im sure someone would tell you)

Or option 2...get a group together hunt this player down and RP killing him ..its easy...i can definiately remember the RPed heated arguments with no Cussing*swearing*...they added atmosphere to the situation..

Hired killers like Dante and a few others who RPed the contract not just walkin upto you and and BLAM dead...

Even the EVIL guys RPed well within the keep when PvP was allowed.

Many of the Veterans will remember those days ..

I do say though if its possible that making the keep PvP again a nerfing of several spells if possible would be best:::

Timestop
Hellball
Greater Ruin
Icestorm
Horrid wilting
Everards black Tentacles

Many vets will remember these spells from wayyy back and what a pain they were lol...you chase ya evil mage then blam TS and horrids ECK it was nasty.

Well thats it my tenners worth 8)
icequeen
Baron
Baron
Location: having a wanderlust weekend this week cmon have a look its FREE

Post by icequeen »

Wing--Zero wrote:

Me
Nizzle
Alyndur
Basking Deamon
wdpepsiman
GoVols
Roland Deschain
eclipseO8
BabyDollJenifer
Chbtartdat
temordae1
Thanatos
Maun
Trudes
Cajin
dmcclain
Fenrip
EliotRey
QuiChang
Jackybaby
Tropic of Cancer
Berforam
Youko
HelloBsk
Rune Broderson
Warlock
Eldora Blackwood
Dan8145
Freddies Nightmares
Foxy Lady79 ya forgot about me also :P

Thanatos
Duke
Duke

Post by Thanatos »

Cajin wrote:Ofcourse I am still a fan of giving and recieving consent for these things though but that is common courtesy to me to ensure both players (or more) all have fun doing that.

:)
I generally like to assume that the amount of fun I"m having in killing someone else is enough for the both of us.
Fact: Ninjas are mammals
Fact: Ninjas fight ALL the time
Cajin
Count
Count

Post by Cajin »

no..... :lol: no it's not :twisted:
- Cajin "The Reborn"
- Ghûrzhazh Rhânanûr
Whitewolf
Baron
Baron

Post by Whitewolf »

I dont know about most of you, but when I am in the keep it is very rare that there is anyone there to help me.

If I am PKed, I will sit there for hours on end or respawn.

*fun wow. Not
“Even though my life is eternal, my patience is not.â€
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

Some of those started RP and LATER went to pvp. In general all those 3 years there was a division between those who mainly PVPed and those who rped and did not bother with builds for fighting other players mainly for fighting NPCs.

But from my experience many who were at the time pvping did little rp. When there was a great deal of argument between pvpers and rpers some of the rp group did create pvp players to show yes they could do a build.

Still there are many folks who were rping for a long time who did leave because they were tired of the pvpers doing short rps that ended in them basically "My build is better than yours and let's go duel."

Several just got tired of being challenged all the time and just wanted to sit back and rp.
Wing--Zero wrote:

Me
Nizzle
Alyndur
Basking Deamon
wdpepsiman
GoVols
Roland Deschain
eclipseO8
BabyDollJenifer
Chbtartdat
temordae1
Thanatos
Maun
Trudes
Cajin
dmcclain
Fenrip
EliotRey
QuiChang
Jackybaby
Tropic of Cancer
Berforam
Youko
HelloBsk
Rune Broderson
Warlock
Eldora Blackwood
Dan8145
Freddies Nightmares

Cajin
Count
Count

Post by Cajin »

In short: I would love to be able to settle a IC score in the keep but again WITH CONSENT of both me and the other.

the Idea is a nice one but since there are those who start to whack at you on sight I do so wish that there would be given some thought of what to do with them l33t players (personally, I hate those from out of my toes)
- Cajin "The Reborn"
- Ghûrzhazh Rhânanûr
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

wdpepsiman wrote:well now if you call the Hunters killing poor old Kazarites and other thugs who preyed upon noobs on the road being bullies well yes we were quick to kill them. unlike others who talked about doing it, we did it and then talked about it. i am sure some feelings were hurt slong the way, but actions had consequences or lack therof in some peoples's case. back then you talked the talk you were expected to walk the walk or you were exposed for what you were, all talk and no action , could be why some are still here and others have just faded away.
Answer NO. Not all were Kazra followers several who I saw being bullied were Eon or just neutral and did not have the same options as the Hunters. Yes many of those who talked to me in tells did leave because they had just started playing were low level chars and were confronted on the road by at least 3 Hunters and basically left the server after they felt they were being threatened and there was no reason to keep their chars.

I had my own run in with several of your guild a while back with a low level char a few years ago. No it was not any of the top Hunters it was some lower ones who as I can tell are not with you guys any more. Still the char was not evil but neutral and did not follow anyone. It was basically "Either you follow who we do or you are a foe and we will kill you." I have several accounts and they did not know it was me. By luck another I think of SOM showed up and started talking to them and I left. I have not played that char since.

Now not to say I don't enjoy rping with the Hunters. But I am pointing out a few happenings that could and has caused folks to leave and could if it happened in the Keep be worse for wear. I remember several times when folks found the Hunters bullies. Are they now I don't know I don't see Hunters around all that much. So I don't know how the guild has changed.

I am just pointing out that at a time many could not go down the road and just level their char without a challenge if they were not of good aligment. And since it took someone looking at them ooc to find out that was rather annoying that they did not take the time to rp and find out that way.

I know you all will be mad at me but I am only pointing out what did happen and I have seen myself as well as heard. Several folks who were upset I and others did talk to some stayed others left. It is a fact that can't be ignored. Sometimes player's actions cause RPs to go down.