Fellow Rogues and Thieves UNITE!

Use this forum for In Character Interactions only.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

Is Dr. Hannibal Lecter (from The Silence of the Lambs) also insane :?: I do see your point and agree with it... just saying the verse side if a MD be insane (a doc does need to have high control and concentration), then why not a monk also :?: how he is playing his char with metagame, is just wrong...
~=% Run from your nightmares, chase after your dreams, but in the end ... they both come to you in sleep %=~
viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

Having skills that require INT is one thing. Monk skills require specific components of a lawful alignment combined with WIS. I think that most types of insanity begin to crumble someone's wisdom entirely, and make it hard to focus. Hannibal Lecter is not insane. He is pure evil. There is a difference.
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

yes, insanity does make you do dumb things (ie low wisdom), but one can have a system (laws) to one's insanity... for example, one must turn off the lights 6 times before leaving any room....
~=% Run from your nightmares, chase after your dreams, but in the end ... they both come to you in sleep %=~
viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

k9mouse wrote:yes, insanity does make you do dumb things (ie low wisdom), but one can have a system (laws) to one's insanity... for example, one must turn off the lights 6 times before leaving any room....
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder is NOT insanity. Technically, insanity is nothing more than a legal term, and has no basis in psychology outside of the courtroom. However, schizophrenia is basically the most common sort of "insanity" that people think of. Others may be sociopathic (such as personality disorders like anti-social), but people who are sociopaths ARE quite logical and organized. They just don't have what most people would consider to be a conscience.

Schizophrenics do things like use "word salad" by rhyming words, but making no sense. Not a lawful sort of thing to do.
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

that does not sound very monk like....
Youko
Knight
Knight

Post by Youko »

//erm, you don't pick insanity, insanity picks you.

and how does lawful have anything to do with being insane? or 'monkish' and on top of that, it is a RP LITE server. i can RP my characters anyways i want. hell, i could be a chaotic evil paladin with a lawful good alignment and RP it if i wanted to (well... short of everyone yelling at me (or whoever played it) on the forums)

the dm's never said i can't do it this way (if they have, show me the quote, i believe they actually said i _could_ do it this way)

and more importantly... this topic has become WAY off topic... stop complaining about my character and RP your own.

there was a topic complaining about me and my character on the general forums and it has been locked... so if you guys aren't careful you'll end up getting this one locked too... i suggest going back on topic and leave my LEGAL character and RP out of it. thanks

_-=~`Youko`~=-_
Look behinde you, I'm likly there <.<
.Stinky Pete.
Baron
Baron

Post by .Stinky Pete. »

[quote="Youko"]

there was a topic complaining about me and my character on the general forums and it has been locked... so if you guys aren't careful you'll end up getting this one locked too... i suggest going back on topic and leave my LEGAL character and RP out of it. thanks

_-=~`Youko`~=-_[/quote]

//erm, the topic is your character and his rather overt conduct on activities overseen by the Thieves' Guild.

Now, through your own OOC comment you prove that you flout the rules, if not the actual words, clearly the spirit of them. No where in the rules do I see "Don't be an ass" but most of us follow that general rule. Then again, I don't have a screenie of anyone telling you that.

Otherwise, see PFWG's post about nipping in and setting a rune stone.
Youko
Knight
Knight

Post by Youko »

//??? how do i 'flout' the rules? the only reason i set my rune stone inside the guild is because it's the only place to sell stolen goods.

and this is supposed to be IN CHARACTER conversation, not OOC stuff, thats left for the general forums. this topic stopped being IC since i posted my bit about showing the guild my bounty

i've also been thinking, someone said something about you shouldn't be able to 'zip' in it's surrounded by hundreds of thieves and blah blah blah... it's not protected against magic intrusion now is it?

Now again, i respectfully request you leave my LEGIT character and RP out of it.

_-=~`Youko`~=-_
viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

Youko wrote://??? how do i 'flout' the rules? the only reason i set my rune stone inside the guild is because it's the only place to sell stolen goods.

and this is supposed to be IN CHARACTER conversation, not OOC stuff, thats left for the general forums. this topic stopped being IC since i posted my bit about showing the guild my bounty

i've also been thinking, someone said something about you shouldn't be able to 'zip' in it's surrounded by hundreds of thieves and blah blah blah... it's not protected against magic intrusion now is it?

Now again, i respectfully request you leave my LEGIT character and RP out of it.

_-=~`Youko`~=-_
//You made this about your character by metagaming the thieves guild. You cannot be inside if you are not a member. Pure and simple. You are fencing goods without being a rogue, which is metagaming. That is fine as rp LITE, but then you have no business posting in an IN CHARACTER thread since your character should not have been able to be inside the guild. YOU took this off topic, and I'm sure you'll be metagaming by attacking and PPing people in game who are calling you to the floor on this one. I disagree with your entire character makeup, YES, but this is about game mechanics being exploited and then used in a RP sort of way. Not cool at all.
Youko
Knight
Knight

Post by Youko »

//If I can get in the guild, either should i be able to or not, doesn't matter, but if i can, and i see a posting about me... i have the right to reply to it.

and i couldn't care less about who i PP. i just do. if i see them i PP them, you could be the heavy weight boxing champ 3 years running or a 90 y/o grandma knitting her grandkids xmas presants... i'm going to PP yah.

so PLEASE stop accusing me of doing something i'm not.

_-=~`Youko`~=-_
ValentianNizzle
Duke
Duke

Post by ValentianNizzle »

// Perhaps. But at the same time, everybody is allowed to have their own style of RP, anyone can decide who they want to RP with and whom they don't want to RP with. I think the latter case being yours.
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

besides this debate is about the metagaming info not legal aspects one's char
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

suggestion:
ValentianNizzle wrote: whom they don't want to RP with.
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

Youko wrote:and i couldn't care less about who i PP.
just make sure you are following the server rules.... the big boss (other peeps also :) )is watching...

since you make a blanket statement, i will make one also... one can not show respect, they are not welcome in my party... :!: :twisted: :!:
viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

Youko wrote://If I can get in the guild, either should i be able to or not, doesn't matter, but if i can, and i see a posting about me... i have the right to reply to it.
Not if you've gotten in there in a non RP and uninitiated way. There have been other such squabbles about people setting portals inside of guild houses, and as far as I can tell, the powers that be always side on behalf of the guild. You did not get in there by being a member. You did not get initiated. You did not use the password. You metagamed by asking a friend to port you in. They did, and then you took a RPed IC post and acted like you saw it in a RP fashion. That's ridiculous, and I regret even posting any sort of RP info on your character, knowing that you're going to play as the "I'm invincible" sort of way that has you pulling in friends to accomplish things you otherwise would not be able to do.

I hereby drop my initial posting on this thread, and will consider it NOT to have happened. You're not worth it, Youko. Go on playing your insane invincible PPing monk. Just do it away from me. These are the sorts of things that make BSK's rules wanting. UberMetaGaming is just stupid.