Fellow Rogues and Thieves UNITE!

Use this forum for In Character Interactions only.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

viobane
Duke
Duke

Fellow Rogues and Thieves UNITE!

Post by viobane »

//Posted on the inside wall of the thieves guild. Only members of the guild should be able to see this parchment.

Greetings, friends colleagues and certain nemesis. It pains me to bring forward information of a dire threat to our guild. It seems there is a certain person who is operating within the realms of Blackstone Keep without paying tribute to the guild. This is a problem for the following reasons:

1) This person is not paying guild fees, nor fencing items. This means that the guild loses out on well earned income

2) This person is pickpocketing various high powered and increasingly disgruntled parties. This can only injure the reputation of the thieves guild as soon anyone who sneaks or looks shifty will be under greater scrutiny making ALL our lives more difficult

So, considering these points, I propose that ALL members of the thieves guild UNITE against this threat against our own. Apparently this pickpocketer runs quickly, as if he has the training of a monk. We should strike with our skills, our words, our nimble fingers and our deadly daggers.

This is a strange world we live in, indeed, when a monk is serving as competition, yet he is causing much discord. Let's being the guild to where it always should be... In prominence, in the shadows, undetected and working without drawing attention to ourselves.

Signed,

Holcombe Bloodthorne
Member In Good Standing,
Blackstone Keep Thieves Guild
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

Post by Pretty Fly White Guy »

When entering the Thieve's guild, Scion sees this notice, and notices that there hasn't been a price labelled on this man's head.

He laughs, and wonders what self-respecting thief would take note of something non-profitable to himself.
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

a tall skinny elf in dresses in black reads the note and thinks to her self....
i am going to have ribs tonight and smiles overwelmingly evil
~=% Run from your nightmares, chase after your dreams, but in the end ... they both come to you in sleep %=~
dmcclain
Count
Count

Post by dmcclain »

A small blond elf, raised by Orcs, reads the message and says to herself "if you aren't with us then you are against us and you will fall", then wonders if she can convince a smittened half-orc to help her in this task.
"People in Icewater want Hell!"

~Harley Quinn, Batman Hush
Youko
Knight
Knight

Post by Youko »

*A tall slender elf walks into the room, sees the note and walks over to it.*

*Reads the note and chuckles under his breath.*

*Takes one of Cassey's bounty posters that are plastered all over the keep and tacks it next to the note on the wall*

*Laughing to himself he fences his goods and walks out of the room*

//I have a rune stone set to inside the guild.

_-=~`Youko`~=-_
Look behinde you, I'm likly there <.<
viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

Youko wrote:*A tall slender elf walks into the room, sees the note and walks over to it.*

*Reads the note and chuckles under his breath.*

*Takes one of Cassey's bounty posters that are plastered all over the keep and tacks it next to the note on the wall*

*Laughing to himself he fences his goods and walks out of the room*

//I have a rune stone set to inside the guild.

_-=~`Youko`~=-_
//If this is your monk/SD/Assassin, how could you have a rune stone set to inside the guild without being a member? Now that IS metagaming.
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

// Just as no evil can enter the SO monastery, no non-rogues can enter the Thieve's guild. Simple as really. It's the best thieves in the land. you can't ust "nip in to set a rune stone" You'd be dead within seconds. This is an underground network of thousands of thieves. it just wouldn't happen tbh.
dmcclain
Count
Count

Post by dmcclain »

//are you sure that character isn't a multiclassed rogue? could be possible right?

Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

//Monk/SD/Assassin, as viobane said before.
dmcclain
Count
Count

Post by dmcclain »

//is that fact or is it a guess?

viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

//Youko, BTW, even if you ARE metagaming by having a portal stone set into the thieves guild, posting such a thing in a RP thread of the forum is not cool. Your character, not having rogue levels, should not be there as a RPed character, and should not have seen this notice and have no knowledge that thieves may have a problem with your character's tactics.
Youko
Knight
Knight

Post by Youko »

//i got assassin instead of rogue for uncanny dodge. i only got assassin instead of rogue because i was told that assassin's can get into the thieves guild... but i tried to get 'knocked' on the head for 7 hours one day (while talking and what not so not _quite_ continuasly, but close) until i asked a DM to port me to that spot and he told me that doesn't happen, but i'm not rebuilding this guy for rogue instead of assassin especially with a 5 million gold bounty on my head... everyone would be camping where ever i can be leveling to get that bounty. so i had a rogue friend port me into the guild and set a rune stone to it
Look behinde you, I'm likly there <.<
viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

Youko wrote://i got assassin instead of rogue for uncanny dodge. i only got assassin instead of rogue because i was told that assassin's can get into the thieves guild... but i tried to get 'knocked' on the head for 7 hours one day (while talking and what not so not _quite_ continuasly, but close) until i asked a DM to port me to that spot and he told me that doesn't happen, but i'm not rebuilding this guy for rogue instead of assassin especially with a 5 million gold bounty on my head... everyone would be camping where ever i can be leveling to get that bounty. so i had a rogue friend port me into the guild and set a rune stone to it
//Right... Which is metagaming. Your character is not a member of the guild, and should not be there at all, therefore should not see the notice.
.Stinky Pete.
Baron
Baron

Post by .Stinky Pete. »

// This is exactly the type of behavior that has people's drawers all wadded up.

// Now, you are screwing with my fun. Having the crazy PPing monk was one thing but going where you should not (and apparently know you should not) is just a jerk move. I'm totally against someone's idea to have a DM make a decision on your build but this is just gross behavior.

// You metagame and have friends save you left and right and for some reason think it is alright. Here's a hint -- If a DM says that is not done, do not do it.
viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

//Besides, if this character is insane, he won't care about all the gear he steals that he can't sell because they are stolen merchandise. In fact, depending on the insanity, he should make sculptures out of it somewhere in the middle of the ice fields or something and have no idea what the difference is between a umbrella and a forged sword. Your justifications are seeming to get pretty thin. Insanity typically includes some sort of disorganized thinking, which is also not something a monk would ever be able to do. They'd lose concentration and ability to do any of the feats that are associated with the class because those feats need a fine degree of control and concentration (LAWFUL). CN is the insanity alignment.