Event: To Be Announced

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Carpe_DM1
Count
Count

Event: To Be Announced

Post by Carpe_DM1 »

Folks, I've got a long running event idea I'm working on (just tweaking my story first). It is RP but very flexible. I will tell you what I've decided on so far, some of you may remember my server shouts the other day.

This is a new campaign. There fore some of these rules will be:

1) Brand new characters to start. No transferring or levelling when not with your group.

2)This event will be run by two groups separately at two different times to include both eastern and western hemispheres of the world.

3) Only one character can play. You CANNOT join both groups. If you do, I will remove you from the event.

4) There are no "leaders" you can appoint a spokesperson for some of the group RP but all are welcome.

5) Purchasing gear and getting ready to campaign. There will be an introduction session meeting, where I will meet with the interested players (date to be announced) and tell them at that time to make their chars and then meet up again for the second half of the intro. Then you will have your combined group cash to go shopping and gear the group up.

More rules to follow as I work some things out. This event will probably start in a week or so. I would appreciate the groups not telling eachother what went on in their session as they will be going through the same thing. People talk, and that's fine but again, do NOT play that char unless the event is running.

This event is also about teamwork, cooperation and fair play. Not about uber builds or having the best gear. It will be a good opportunity to make some friends and have some fun.

Respond here if you are interested or post questions or suggestions. I will edit this as it sorts it self out.
"Common sense is not so common" -Voltaire
"I thought to myself 'Why doesn't someone do something about that?' ...And then I realized I'm someone" - Lily Tomlin (when commenting on the environment and other tragic circumstances)
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Re: Event: To Be Announced

Post by k9mouse »

Yay for Carpe_DM1. sounds allot of fun and i can't wait :) will there be a late nite times like midnight eastern?
~=% Run from your nightmares, chase after your dreams, but in the end ... they both come to you in sleep %=~
Carpe_DM1
Count
Count

Post by Carpe_DM1 »

I'm trying to find a common ground for a lot of people. So far it looks like it will happen on Saturdays. As work schedules and timezones are crazy for everyone. Late nights are hard for many. So folks, post your interest, if you will join, and times that seem to be best for ya'all. (your timezone too will help me sort out the N/S American and Euro/Asian groups)
"I thought to myself 'Why doesn't someone do something about that?' ...And then I realized I'm someone" - Lily Tomlin (when commenting on the environment and other tragic circumstances)
viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

I'm in. Any excuse to create a new character. You imagining the east and west are both regions outside of BSK, with the new characters arriving from said regions? It'd be cool to have a bit more background to think of a character outline.

Allright!!! One more personality to develop! I just need one more and I think I'll have an even dozen? Perfect to qualify for multiple personality disorder. I hate it when the chaotic and lawful sides of me get into a row. Not a pretty sight.

Saturdays either in afternoon or evening work well, and I can usually even do something from 8PM to 12AM EST on (Sunday morning)
Last edited by viobane on Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

Saturday afternoons, sessions that end before the evening hours, would be the most ideal.

Sounds like fun. Please post the first session date.
ZOMFGOMBIES!
Thanatos
Duke
Duke

Post by Thanatos »

Sign me up!!! This may take some time to ponder on which personality I'll be adding to my array. But I like the sounds of this.

Moreover, on the time thing...I'm located in the Mountain time zone in the middle of the U.S. Basically, it's just after Noon here. *munches on a burrito*
Fact: Ninjas are mammals
Fact: Ninjas fight ALL the time
Queen Naga II
Duke
Duke

Post by Queen Naga II »

Already spoke to you of my interest in this during your server shouts the other day. A looking forward to this, an opportunity to RP without someone trying to own the group with the uber builds, am all for it.

Saturdays ideal for me, am English or Brit as you perfer so my time zone currently is GMT BST (+1) or 5 hours ahead of eastern USA 9/10 hours ahead of California time.

So best time for me is probable around server time, which is EST I believe, would be from 10am EST til around 6pm EST. Or my time zone 3pm til around 11 pm.
_-Kas-_
Commoner
Commoner

Post by _-Kas-_ »

sounds great, can't wait :P my shrink suggested i make more characters to more easily define my MPS >.>

as for time, i'm free almost whenever, i'm 1 hour behind the resets (midnight, 4, 8, noon, 4, 8, midnight again) so my resets are at 3, 7, etc etc etc...if that makes sence >.>
It doesn't think, It doesn't feel.
It doesn't laugh or cry
All it does from dusk till dawn,
is make the soldiers die!
Fenrip
Duke
Duke

Post by Fenrip »

I'm in.

On EST but have a couple o' kiddoes so when I play, my usual times are after the 8pm reset until I can stay awake no longer and/or have meetings at work I need to be sharp for.

With a consistant team, it sounds like this might me an opportunity to build something we would not normally run. I've never had any caster levels over 7 or 8 or *dramatic gasp* a gnome.

Hmmmmmmmmmm.... decisions, decisions.......
Thanatos
Duke
Duke

Post by Thanatos »

It occured to me that I forgot to put in WHEN I could play....*sighs*....I'm pretty much free on the weekends, though with pending hangovers generally looming, I try not to poke my nose out from underneath the covers before Noon (Mountain time in US)
Fact: Ninjas are mammals
Fact: Ninjas fight ALL the time
Doofy Britches
Duke
Duke

Post by Doofy Britches »

I'm in.

US/Eastern time zone.

Saturdays anytime is OK.. would prefer evenings
A Master role player is one who is willing and able to bend their character concept to make the game more enjoyable for all involved. To assist the DM in making the game fun, and to not sow discord. - Gary Gygax
viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

Just thinking... If this is an epic RP event, where characters are only played during the events themselves, how do you plan on dealing with absences?

I'm probably going to be out two Saturdays in July, and instead of thinking about what I'm going to be doing, I started thinking about BSK. *sigh*
Carpe_DM1
Count
Count

Post by Carpe_DM1 »

I'm still looking for a bit more interest, it will run on Saturdays. Group 1 in the afternoon(evening for euro and asia peoples) and Group 2 in the evening(really late night for euro and asia).

(I will need set up time though so aim for half an hour after reset)

Group 1 reset 12pm (noon) - 4pm EST (6p-10p GMT)

Group 2 reset 8pm - 12am (midnight) EST (2a - 6a GMT)

I would need 6 - 8 regular players per group.

So post here those who are in (those who've already posted, edit or repost with group choice) And remember make no chars until after the intro session. Worse comes to worse with not enough interest I will come up with something else for those who did respond.

Thanks,

Carpe_DM
Whitewolf
Baron
Baron

Post by Whitewolf »

I am in,

Late group 8-12 pm East.

sounds like fun, and this will be only my 2nd event attended.

Merurii Vapor-Ghast,
Palladinni Windstorm,
Sneek Eclean
And
The Whitewolf Clan
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

i am group 2 (8pm to 12am)... i might be a hour or late on some nights late
sounds like fun, but the time will hard to be there, oh well, i will try....

where is the meeting place :?:
~=% Run from your nightmares, chase after your dreams, but in the end ... they both come to you in sleep %=~