Event: To Be Announced

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Thanatos
Duke
Duke

Post by Thanatos »

// What's this Real Life everyone refers to? Is there some sort of insinuation that there's something outside of BSK? I scoff at you.

On Topic: Sounds good, thanks for the update
Fact: Ninjas are mammals
Fact: Ninjas fight ALL the time
Zoe Girl
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Zoe Girl »

This Saturday is August 4th..

Group 2 please
dmcclain
Count
Count

Post by dmcclain »

group 2 please
"People in Icewater want Hell!"

~Harley Quinn, Batman Hush
Carpe_DM1
Count
Count

Post by Carpe_DM1 »

Alrighty folks, due to the abundant interest in the second timeslot, the event will only be held at that time. Truly sorry to the one or two who responded for group 1 however, I will still try to do some other events in that time.

Okay, first meeting of the event will happen this Saturday August 4 (thx zoegirl for reminding me lol)

Date : Saturday August 4
Time: After the 8 PM EST reset
Place : Bordermarch
What to bring : Nothing but friendliness, and open minds.

** I will post a list of who responded for that timeslot, if you did not respond but are still interested feel free to meet there also. **
**Remember, do NOT make a char yet, come with one you already have to receive instructions **
"Common sense is not so common" -Voltaire
"I thought to myself 'Why doesn't someone do something about that?' ...And then I realized I'm someone" - Lily Tomlin (when commenting on the environment and other tragic circumstances)
Carpe_DM1
Count
Count

Post by Carpe_DM1 »

Who's responded for the evening timeslot:

whitewolf
K9mouse
viobane
Fenrip
Thanatos
HelloBSK
Doofy Britches
Ghost4life
sgtshin
zoegirl
dmmclain
Gibbs

Those who responded for the earlier (which was cancelled due to lack of players for that slot):

_-Kas-_
Queen Naga II

Those who've expressed interest but gave no time indication:

SirVito
Red

I'd appreciate a head's up via PM or email if you're coming, if not, you're still most welcome to join up.

Mission Statement to follow..
Last edited by Carpe_DM1 on Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I thought to myself 'Why doesn't someone do something about that?' ...And then I realized I'm someone" - Lily Tomlin (when commenting on the environment and other tragic circumstances)
Carpe_DM1
Count
Count

Post by Carpe_DM1 »

This event is to be a long running opportunity for decent folk to get together, play, have fun and a good time. It will be preferable IC, but any are welcome. This is a chance for folks who don't normally interact to get to know one another and appreciate what values others will bring to this game and a cooperated team effort to keep this fun.

There will be no toleration during the running of this event of:
Any rule being broken.
Cursing (unless done in appropriate IC fashion)
Disrespect of teammates and any other player on the server.
Disrespect of the DM team or administration.
Excessive negativity.

I reserve the right to edit this list *grins*

Seriously folks, I just want us all to have fun and hopefully a lot of laughs we all come here for some R&R so let's just have a good time and remember, this is a game and games should be fun.

I will also make a post for the IC forum for you all to feel free to add your chars perspectives of the events. Remember, they will all be brand new first levels. It would be fascinating to see what you all come up with. Perhaps a minor blurb on your char in the event.

After this Saturday's intro session, each meeting will take place on Saturdays one hour AFTER the 8PM EST reset, in order to give me time to set things up and for you folks to get your stuff ready also. But we'll talk about that on Sat.

Hope to see lots of scared and smiling faces *grins evilly*

Carpe
Queen Naga II
Duke
Duke

Post by Queen Naga II »

Awww ! Don't suppose there is any chance that you could move it to the reset before the group 2 slot ?

Especially as there is only going to be one single group now.

I was quite looking forward to this kind of campaign event now its just the reserve of the wrong side of atlantic for me. Also a bit too old and set in my ways to be able to burn the candle at both ends.
Carpe_DM1
Count
Count

Post by Carpe_DM1 »

Sadly that time seems to serve the majority of the interested so it will remain as such. I have a very busy RL atm until September however, I will most certainly try to do some fun things in that earlier time as I suggested. As it is, the event I had originally planned with 2 groups has been switched with a similar but different idea I'd had. If I see enough interest for the earlier timeslot to justify making it an earlier event once again, I will most certainly try to accomodate. Regardless, I will still make appearances and run some other things when I can.
Whitewolf
Baron
Baron

Post by Whitewolf »

Well,

just as I thought It was safe to go to a family reunion.

what if one of us is late, say an hour or 2. might we still get in on the action?

if so how?

thanks,

Merkury Vapor Ghast
Dameon Whitewolf
paladinni
sneak Eclean
“Even though my life is eternal, my patience is not.â€
Carpe_DM1
Count
Count

Post by Carpe_DM1 »

It's open to anyone, family and real life comes first so just come on in after wards. I'll catch you up and if we finish before you come in I will PM you the details if you like. Enjoy your family. :)
sgtshin
Baron
Baron

Post by sgtshin »

Carpe DM-

Just got this, and I've had some RL things come up that makes group 2 not a good time- will have to put me on the list for group 1 when (if) that comes together.

Sorry all-
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. ^.^
Carpe_DM1
Count
Count

Post by Carpe_DM1 »

Sorry to hear you can't make it Sgtshin

Next Date: Saturday August 11 at 9PM EST (one hour after reset)

Those of you who couldnt be there and are still interested, PM or email me and I will catch you up.
Carpe_DM1
Count
Count

Post by Carpe_DM1 »

Sorry Folks I will have to postpone the session Sat Aug 18, as I have to work all night. Look for it to happen again the Saturday after that, same bat- time same bat-planet.

On the upside I'd like to share my favorite line of the night last night:

"Damn badger" - after the whole group decides to sit and take a break the silly summoned creature goes running in and gets a whole mob + one very big angry bug to attack.... Well done, well done, I was laughing so hard the tears obscured my vision.
Carpe_DM1
Count
Count

Post by Carpe_DM1 »

Looks like we're on for Sat.

Date: Sat Aug 25
Time: 9PM EST (1 hour after reset - except for the two new adds)

Be there or be... in detention? *grins evilly to himself* well... that has yet to be determined.
:twisted:
Carpe_DM1
Count
Count

Post by Carpe_DM1 »

Alright lets try this again....

Saturday September the 8
9PM EST (one hour after the reset)

Let's hope my net will be back up by then.