Assassins Guild

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

There'd have to be the same restrictions placed on unsanctioned assassinations that are placed on any character who PKs. If driller gets that scripted lawbreaking / salt-mines thing going, then assassins working under contract would be spared that sort of punishment, while those that are operating outside of contract would get it.
alnyndur
Knight
Knight

Post by alnyndur »

I agree that the original idea is fine, but I would add that the contract is given to one assassin only to carry out. If he fails, then the contract is considered void. Though if the assassin was not killed in the process, he could have another shot at it. This will stop multiple killings of the same char by other assassins. The guild would loose reputation for failed contracts, but that is a risk they have to take. Sending out more assassins would bring attention to them which is not something they want.
viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

alnyndur wrote:I agree that the original idea is fine, but I would add that the contract is given to one assassin only to carry out. If he fails, then the contract is considered void. Though if the assassin was not killed in the process, he could have another shot at it. This will stop multiple killings of the same char by other assassins. The guild would loose reputation for failed contracts, but that is a risk they have to take. Sending out more assassins would bring attention to them which is not something they want.
I like that idea! Again, simple and to the point, which is usually the best sort of thing.
EliotRey
Baron
Baron

Post by EliotRey »

I'm really "geeked" at this idea. The modifications to the keep will give it a "real" Rogues and Assassin's guild as oppose to just being in name only. As to the perma-kill idea, please remember folks, BSK operates in a world where resurrection is commonplace. Are we going to now say that a certain class of characters is not subject to the same rules as others? I would say that, if the assassin or assassinated were not legitamately rez'd by a pc then after said reset that character should not be brought out, unless he could find someone willing to surrender a rez for him (no one in the "stable" of characters he has either, unless he's willing to fork over some gp from that character for the rez. Heck, a raise dead is less that 2500 gp so it's not that much.)

Other than that I think the rules you guys have been discussing for placing, fulfilling and voiding a hit sound really good.

I'm getting excited! :lol:
There is a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path.
Shadow_Nightfall
Baron
Baron
Location: In the shadows bare, watching as you shed a tear for me

Post by Shadow_Nightfall »

about the raise dead scrolls being less than 2500... think they should be more? thinking it through, raising the dead should not be commonplace, and it should cost a lot. same thing with respawning... it should cost more... that is just my humble opinion :)
<<The all powerful fire-breathing dragon!

warm winds, burning flame, a tear drops, I'll be the one to blame; summer themes, Amber Demonchild, burning coals, emotional moments halfway mild
Thanatos
Duke
Duke

Post by Thanatos »

Shadow_Nightfall wrote:about the raise dead scrolls being less than 2500... think they should be more? thinking it through, raising the dead should not be commonplace, and it should cost a lot. same thing with respawning... it should cost more... that is just my humble opinion :)

You might wanna keep in mind the number of times you've used that particular scroll :)

Or the number of times someone's made rescues in retardedly dangerous areas, using that scroll :P

I"m not saying it's a bad idea...I'd just be making a cost-benefit analysis graph for something like that. Of course, that's me.
Fact: Ninjas are mammals
Fact: Ninjas fight ALL the time
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

i see both points, if the scrolls are cheap, more peeps will rise ye when ye are died thus ye are not wastering thou time. on the other hand it does make a cleric more cool class to play :o
~=% Run from your nightmares, chase after your dreams, but in the end ... they both come to you in sleep %=~
Shadow_Nightfall
Baron
Baron

i used to think only clerics could cast that spell or spell scroll... it does increase the value of the cleric class and the constant raising lowers the role play value of the game... assassins are not as good anymore, all their atempts are failures, player kills are not as interesting, especially with people complaining about them (today I had some fun with fighting a lvl 28 with my 13 outside the arena, but no deaths, i'll admit... cept my teammember:) )

overall, bringing back the dead, with full intelligence and and complete abilities given back should be a hard thing to do, except for the clerics, of course... scrolls still should not be given 'freely', despite the fact that I regularly use them... I wouldn't if they cost more :) ... its like a cheap way of becoming god, anyone would want that (in character, that is)

anyway..

anyone know where the curent assassins guild is? I tried all of the keeps doors except the ones on the 'boardwalk' lining the keep

warm winds, burning flame, a tear drops, I'll be the one to blame; summer themes, Amber Demonchild, burning coals, emotional moments halfway mild
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

as a side note, some classes work better on some servers then others
also. i like the price the rise scrolls as is, now don't try to rise the price on me.... :wink:
~=% Run from your nightmares, chase after your dreams, but in the end ... they both come to you in sleep %=~
Ishamael
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Ishamael »

Shadow_Nightfall wrote:anyway..

anyone know where the curent assassins guild is? I tried all of the keeps doors except the ones on the 'boardwalk' lining the keep
I'll PM you the location. I don't think it should be common knowledge.
Shadow_Nightfall
Baron
Baron

k9... a couple thousand more wont hurt much and can lower the raise spamming... its a good idea... admit it, even though it effects... everyone

thank you, Ishamael... I tried that door, but not repeatedly, I suppose

TheInquistor
Knight
Knight

Post by TheInquistor »

my .02

change the price of rez as you wish, but on the grounds of assasins and perma death; don't make it death but instead give a widgit (to trusted players) that will take 50% of exp for being "mortally wounded". Perhaps make it this way to any PvP not in thearena. it makes death mean something in a world of gods who don't die. a script can easilt accomplish this too. Perhaps make it so if this happens, the assassin can loot the body to take all the gold on char as a tip

but if you do go with PK, funerals are fun to rp :twisted:
Last edited by TheInquistor on Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kendrick Hal'Stead
TheInquistor
Knight
Knight

Post by TheInquistor »

and I love how you don't loose xp on death, only on respawn. What I am used to is 10% of xp/gold lost on death...5% of TOTAL xp/gold lost on respawn.

so please don't change it *bats eyes* paweeze
Kendrick Hal'Stead
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

TheInquistor wrote: so please don't change it *bats eyes* paweeze
i feel the same way, leave the death system alone :!: i would not say anymore for now, i can think of really dark stuff to say and trust me you don't want hear that...
Ipsissimossity
Baron
Baron

Post by Ipsissimossity »

Uh, what if we'd just skip the permanent death, and instead make it so that all characters killed by assassins, working on contract, would drop all their equipped items unto the ground ? I'm sure that would set back a lot of characters, not to mention the assassin if he were to be killed in the fight.

But then, I'd like to add, it'd still be a challange for the victim to stay alive, because the way I see it, it should be okay for the assassins to gang up on the guy. After all: if you enter a fair fight, it's not very well planned.. :p