Kaylie Trueheart - Paladin of Eon

Use this forum for In Character Interactions only.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

temordae01
Baron
Baron

Kaylie Trueheart - Paladin of Eon

Post by temordae01 »

Kaylie adjusted the fit on her full plate armor and hefted the bulging backpack. She turned just in time to see Murken's small frame disappear out the North Gate. Frowning, she sprinted after him. Nodding to the guard at the gate, she watched confused as Murken trudged under his own bulging backpack.

"Master Murken, where do we travel today?" Kaylie leaned against a barn's corner as she watched the dwarf.

"Ach lass, where'd ye come from. Ye been spyin' on aol' Murken hae ye?" Murken harumphed and turned to face her. "Where I be goin' be me own business."

Kaylie frowned some more at the old dwarf. "I'm thinking you're leaving without saying goodbye you old goat." She half smiled as Murken looked at his feet. "I'm thinking you're leaving without finishing my training, or your own. Eon still has work for you."

"Eon. Hunh. Lass, I ne'er wanted tae learn yer goody goody ways. Ye knowed Murken weren't as pure as driven snow, yet ye accepted me trainin'. Ye've surpassed tha master ye hae, an' now it be time fer me tae leave." Murken stood there, looking at the young girl who was nearly bringing him to tears just by frowning at him.

"Look lass, ye need tae remember we each hae our own path tae take. Yourn be tae smite tha evil petards wha' pick on others an sech. I be one o' them petards meself, all selfish an' gold hungry. We cannae mix." Murken stepped back a foot as she rounded on him.

"You are the most stubborn egotistical full of himself little runt of a dwarf I have ever met!" She advanced on him as his wide-eyed grimace turned to one of fear. "You claim to be the foremost authority on what I need to become to be all that Eon wants from me. You claim to be power incarnate and the guide of my future. You claim to know what the future holds for me!" She stopped. "You are all a pack of lies. You're nothing but...but...an old softie."

Murken stammered and protested weakly as she enveloped him in a rough hug. "Lass, ye dinnae know...I mean tae say...gie off me ye daft woman!" He gasped for air from her bearhug. "Fine fine lass. I'll be tha first tae admit I be a bit on tha...well...I gots me a soft spot fer tha youngins wha need a bit o' help. Wha be yer point?"

"My point, you dense as a boulder dwarf, is that there are plenty of those youngins needing help still. You can't turn your back on them. You can't turn your back on me." She wiped a tear from her cheek.

Murken stood there, pondering the young woman. The paladin of Eon. Everything he wished he could have been, but turned from forthe lure of gold. Bah, flim flam is all. But...

"Alright lass. I'll stay. But ye best hae somethin' fer ol' Murken tae whet his teeth on come time tae forge yer armor. Magic armor dinnae jes' fall from tha sky ye know." Murken chuckled lightly as Kaylie picked him AND his pack up off the ground and swept him to her shoulders for a quick jog to the gates. Murken protested all the way. Softly. To himself.

Kaylie grinned broadly as they walked back to the tavern for a meal and shared tales. A small victory to be sure, but then again life is measured in small victories.