Blackstone Poll

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Blackstone Keep is...

...like a fine wine, it gets better with each passing day.
43%
...like an old rock band that has forgotten the sound that made them a success.
57%

Total votes: 69

k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

go ahead with the changes ... they are worth a try.... it seems strange that the votes were so close for days and all the sudden, it changes allot... oh well, such is life, meanwhile at the range...
~=% Run from your nightmares, chase after your dreams, but in the end ... they both come to you in sleep %=~
HelloBSK
Count
Count

Post by HelloBSK »

I for one have been away for a while and is why I have not posted my vote until now. However, I could log in as other accounts and add more, but what is the point in that...

Nag, stop being one!
Rune Brodersen
Knight
Knight

Post by Rune Brodersen »

I just voted for the second one as well. I have not really played in Bsk for a long time, but i remember how it was in the old days.

It was the risks you had to take that made it so fun. if you were a jerk you got into trouble. if you were a theif you'd be hunted down, if you were in a vorite guild, the kazrites would come for you, etc... imagine the impact it would have on faction rp. How many years has it been since an evil group like the Kazrites (or any other for that matter) raided/invaded the keep. How many times did people -really- need the good guilds to protect them?

How many can honestly say they like it when someone acts all tough and threatening because he/she is in the keep and you cant do anything?

this will greatly improve RP. Those who have been playing on bsk long enough to have been here back in the days know that the rp was much better back then. why? because we have idiot-über-pwnage-roxxorz now that we didnt back then? lol.. give me a break, there will allways be metagamers and people who like to ruin it for others.

There is no doubt things will be crazy the first few days, but once people get used to it, everything will be better.
It doesnt hurt to try things out!

PS. If you really wanted the wild west style you should remove sneak immunity from pm's, allow dev crit, remove mind and kd immunity from items :)

I for one really hope driller will make some changes, BSK needs it.
Just hit the respawn button allready..
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

Rune Brodersen wrote:and kd immunity from items :) I for one really hope driller will make some changes, BSK needs it.
if one removes kd immunity from items, also removes it from monsters as well, otherwise it will be to unbalance.. just be careful don't start making everything uber...
~=% Run from your nightmares, chase after your dreams, but in the end ... they both come to you in sleep %=~
Rune Brodersen
Knight
Knight

Post by Rune Brodersen »

That is true, if changes as big as those i listed would ever become a reality.
Just hit the respawn button allready..
warlock
Count
Count

Post by warlock »

I'm not only the one who have said this, but I'll say it again:
Give us back a little of the Blackstone Keep that we had in the 2003's

driller wrote: Players maintained law and order. Now, after years of incessant whining by the player base. I have knocked off almost every rough edge that gave the original Blackstone character.

No purpose for the guilds to protect newbies from less savory players. No evil guilds to cause mischief and mayhem, you must consent to pvp!

I have just realized I have turned into Beth Hall. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks,
-driller

Blackstone Keep Veteran
Youko
Knight
Knight

Post by Youko »

warlock wrote:I'm not only the one who have said this, but I'll say it again:
Give us back a little of the Blackstone Keep that we had in the 2003's

driller wrote: Players maintained law and order. Now, after years of incessant whining by the player base. I have knocked off almost every rough edge that gave the original Blackstone character.

No purpose for the guilds to protect newbies from less savory players. No evil guilds to cause mischief and mayhem, you must consent to pvp!

I have just realized I have turned into Beth Hall. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks,
-driller

AGREE-ED!
Look behinde you, I'm likly there <.<
Berforam
Count
Count

Post by Berforam »

Agreed [2]

Lol the beth hall part was funny
Youko
Knight
Knight

Post by Youko »

lol... i don't think i was here for beth hall... think thats when i started playing WoW :P

non-the-less... i can't wait for the old-west style to come back to BSK :P

actually... thats the whole reason i made Youko :P
Look behinde you, I'm likly there <.<
HelloBSK
Count
Count

Post by HelloBSK »

DRILLER,

You have a server filled with people who have played here for MANY years. We love BSK!!! These are the same people who are asking for it back. The people who come and go are the ones who left their mark on BSK and kept moving on. Yet, the people who continue to stay are the same people asking you to PUT IT BACK to the way it was when we fell in love with BSK in the first place. I took some time off and searched for another server to call home and to be COMPLETELY honest, I COULD NOT FIND ONE!!!! But that does not discount the fact that our house has been changed by the guests who have visited and WE need to get OUR house back in order!!!!

Please put BSK back to before the guests arrived.... :cry: :? :lol:
wdpepsiman
Count
Count

Post by wdpepsiman »

amen to that and well said

i wanna go home
killtspar
Commoner
Commoner

Post by killtspar »

I think that this is all based on perception. I have played on many servers over the last several years. What I notice is that the new players will like a variety of "features" but also have complaints about things they "want". Some of those wants are things they had seen on other servers while others they may simply just dream of. On the converse, the old-school player base of a server continually wants to make things essentially tougher. Why? Because to them, the server is getting old or boring or whatnot. Again, this is perception. To the new potential players, if things start getting too tough, then they can barely get started and it becomes a deterent to even bother with the server. The difficult part is to make the old-school player base and the new players both happy. Doing so is a balance and it's a balance that the old-school players, the new players and the DM's all need to always think about. It's easier said than done in most cases. I have personally witnessed the demise of a couple of servers due to the lack of this balance, which is unfortunate because both of those server were pretty good in their own ways. This server seems to be pretty decent as well. That is, of course, the perspective of a new player. ;-)
46. If an advisor says to me "My liege, he is but one man. What can one man possibly do?", I will reply "This." and kill the advisor. ~From the Top 100 things I would do if I were an evil
Berforam
Count
Count

Post by Berforam »

HelloBSK wrote:DRILLER,

You have a server filled with people who have played here for MANY years. We love BSK!!! These are the same people who are asking for it back. The people who come and go are the ones who left their mark on BSK and kept moving on. Yet, the people who continue to stay are the same people asking you to PUT IT BACK to the way it was when we fell in love with BSK in the first place. I took some time off and searched for another server to call home and to be COMPLETELY honest, I COULD NOT FIND ONE!!!! But that does not discount the fact that our house has been changed by the guests who have visited and WE need to get OUR house back in order!!!!

Please put BSK back to before the guests arrived.... :cry: :? :lol:
*Points up*

Agreed
Trudes
Count
Count

Post by Trudes »

Fondly remembers the day when a huge war occured between the kazrites and the goodies. It was at the great chasm in the oasis, there must have been at least 30 players involved, one team each side of the divide.

leaders organised their army, archers placed to the rear, sneakers sent across the bridge to spy on the other team, traps layed for their approach, Dm's played the gods them selves, Kazra leading his army.

All hell broke loose, it was soooo much fun, 30 odd people playing together :D

Gawd many a time we had wars at Scara brae (however u spell that) it was like fireworks lol

happy day's when did it stop?
warlock
Count
Count

Post by warlock »

[quote="Trudes"]Fondly remembers the day when a huge war occured between the kazrites and the goodies. It was at the great chasm in the oasis, there must have been at least 30 players involved, one team each side of the divide.

leaders organised their army, archers placed to the rear, sneakers sent across the bridge to spy on the other team, traps layed for their approach, Dm's played the gods them selves, Kazra leading his army.

All hell broke loose, it was soooo much fun, 30 odd people playing together :D

Gawd many a time we had wars at Scara brae (however u spell that) it was like fireworks lol

happy day's when did it stop?[/quote]
When Driller got to many e-mails about players being PKed.
I blame the one who PKed the players!
Blackstone Keep Veteran