Blackstone Poll

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Blackstone Keep is...

...like a fine wine, it gets better with each passing day.
43%
...like an old rock band that has forgotten the sound that made them a success.
57%

Total votes: 69

Carpe_DM1
Count
Count

Post by Carpe_DM1 »

k9mouse wrote: I can image that massive pp and unwilling killing when the rules are relaxed, and i call that harassment also. I just putting myself in a place when i defend my self... if you just ask, i might be willing to rp like that. .
Defending yourself by griefing others is still against server rules. As a DM I cannot sit beside you while you're on and make sure you aren't pickpocketed. Besides, if and only if you catch the character (not player) then that is when you can kill them. It is when the person behind it goes beyond the PP rules ie stealing an item that shouldnt have been, that is a script misfire. Or PPing more times than the allowed amount per reset. Then by all means, kill them, but do not make it a personal vendetta. Who knows? They may have had a rough day at work too, you are not the only one who wants to blow off steam, and they just want some fun and mischief (as long as they follow the rules)

Besides, if they're good enough, you'll never know what was taken until its' too late and you won't know who it was. However, do not go after the players other chars and do not try to make others do your dirty work for you. Then you are breaking the rules, yourself. If you see abuse of the rules, screenshot and report it to a DM. Or make an IC Wanted post on the IC Public Forum... some great RP can come from it... Player X PPd you, you saw them but they got away. You don't know their name IC but you can describe them. Maybe the scoundrel got someone else too. Form a posse then. Try to have fun with it.

Remember, first and foremost, it's a game. For everyone.
"Common sense is not so common" -Voltaire
"I thought to myself 'Why doesn't someone do something about that?' ...And then I realized I'm someone" - Lily Tomlin (when commenting on the environment and other tragic circumstances)
Cajin
Count
Count

Post by Cajin »

*looks left* *looks right*

*maniacal laughter*

PP is a game element, and I luv it :twisted: I don't care if you are jack from around the corner or klaus from germany, if you are a suitable target, I PP yer hiney! muahahahah. and it's nothing personal really, you seem a good mark? cought it up mate! :twisted:

and I have goodie chars as well, chaotic goodies mostly which gladly will pummel a criminal, so the bottom line, none RP ppl are safe untill I am cruising the deserts in my shadow pinto and I drive by PP on ya purse! :lol:
- Cajin "The Reborn"
- Kelth and William McEwann
- Ghûrzhazh Rhânanûr
-Duncan "The Hunk" Mackinlay
Trudes
Count
Count

Post by Trudes »

Actually, i get bored doing PP mostly, it's more proffitable to go kill a beastie lol, but I do like the RP element of it.

And TS helps deter a pp, if i see the eyes i stay clear, it's like a guard dog barking the other side of the door :roll:
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

Carpe_DM1 wrote: They may have had a rough day at work too, you are not the only one who wants to blow off steam, and they just want some fun and mischief (as long as they follow the rules)
i will try.. somtimes i just someone to claim me down instead of putting gasoline on the fire all the time... i am just glad that dm's are on hte player side... just sometimes, they seem to work agaist the players. we do have a good dm team and i am very happy about that..... note to self: try to think more postively
~=% Run from your nightmares, chase after your dreams, but in the end ... they both come to you in sleep %=~
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

Trudes wrote: i see the eyes i stay clear, it's like a guard dog barking the other side of the door :roll:
8)
~=% Run from your nightmares, chase after your dreams, but in the end ... they both come to you in sleep %=~
_-Kas-_
Commoner
Commoner

Post by _-Kas-_ »

Wow... i just spent the last 3 hours reading and rereading every post carefully to get everyones views on this topic... to be honest, most of them made me sick (not the off topic ones or k9's rants either) but seriously, I got into this server because of wonder stories Caulin Black told me (you old players know him well, he was my mom's roomate for a few years) and Evil Ann (even tho the guy is a jerk, who has been banned more times then i can remember) he told me awesome tales of the good ol days that duo was talking about back on page 3...

and i agree with dmcclain, if you don't like the server, don't whine... just leave... there are what... thousands of servers out there for nwn1 alone... find a new one that fits you perfectly, instead of trying to change another one...

i have been playing on this server off and on for close to 5 years now (i think... i'm not great with memory sometimes) it was awesome when one could cast spells in the keep, open pvp, pping was actually worth the skill points... but i left for a year or so when the wards were added to the keep, it just got boring (and my best friend got me into WoW)

Dear Driller

I LOVE YOUR SERVER! and can't wait for the new changes you were talking about earlier, hope to see them soon and can't wait for pvp to be fun again and pping to be worth it

some suggestions tho, make your custom weapons focusable (i.e. maul, falchion and such) so you can have a WM with a maul that can smash boldiers into 2 :P

if it is possible, make the DC for an arcane archers death arrow scale with levels (like the assassin's death attack) it only has one use per day, so it's not like it is OP

would also be nice to see some bows and arrows worth it, like i put in the suggestion forum, i LOVE the new cube thing... but make it worth it by making multiple stacks, or being able to recharge stacks you used it for
It doesn't think, It doesn't feel.
It doesn't laugh or cry
All it does from dusk till dawn,
is make the soldiers die!
GoVols
Count
Count

Post by GoVols »

k9mouse wrote: i will try.. somtimes i just someone to claim me down instead of putting gasoline on the fire all the time... i am just glad that dm's are on hte player side... just sometimes, they seem to work agaist the players. we do have a good dm team and i am very happy about that..... note to self: try to think more postively
Another piece of advice for you. Drink a beer to calm down, and stay in the Keep if you don't want to be PP'd. Beware......your threats to hunt someone down might turn into you being the hunted.

It's always been part of this game and Driller has already nerfed it just about as much as you can.
I'd rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6.
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

driller wrote:Players maintained law and order.
that is why i said what i said, before a dm inform me that they still maintained the server rules. if they do their job without basis, then i don't have to take the law into my own hands.... right now, i am putting my trust in them 8) the hunters also should help with enforcing the server rules if pp/unwilling killing get out of hand
Berforam
Count
Count

Post by Berforam »

driller wrote:Here are a few things I had written down before I posted this poll.

PvP in the keep
More guards. Like before that respond to drawn weapons, offensive spell casting, PvP fights and resting.
NO PVP inside merchants the buildings of the keep

I want more drama and conflict within the game. Without griefing of course, thats the hard part isn't it?
We need wars, rivals etc. Blackstone has had most of its rough edges removed and has grown stagnant and complacent.

1.Currently disarm puts stuff back into your inventory, your disarmed weapon will now have a chance to drop to the ground.

2.PP will be opened up to allow pickpocketing of ALL items that are small, including forge stones.(Limited to one PP session per player each reset.)

3.The Keep will be opened up to PvP. It will be the player's responsibility to police the keep. If the guards don't catch them.

4.The monster CR progression to area ratio will be modified and improved.

5.Rarely used and reduntant areas will be removed and replaced with either older versions or be slimmed down i.e. The Mining Complex and Underdark.

6.The module currently has four semi distinct regions, I will separate them further in relation to point 4. Your level progression will be more linear as in where you need to go to level. Region 1 will be for 1-10. Region 2 11-20 and so on and so forth. Monsters will be rebalanced and changed to reflect this. Merchants and stores will also be changed to carry appropriate equipment for that area's PC's target level.

7.Loot drops for the most part will be based upon the mobs level. Currently, any level mob can drop anything. This will still be the, case but it will be much rarer. Mobs will drop stuff that is much more helpful to your currrent level. This will scale up, the higher the level of the mob, the better chance the drop will be high quality.

8.More quests including evil ones, we all like quests don't we?

9.Cities will be beefed up and/or added to regions that need them.

Regions:

CR Layout.

Blackstone Keep: 1-10
Bordermarch(Will be expanded): 11-20
Oasis: 21-30
Dwarven Citadel(Underdark): 31-40

Thanks,
-driller

Hey driller.. long time no see... !!!

Well if you do this.... seems i´ll be coming back =D

for good :D

And for evil :twisted:
_-Kas-_
Commoner
Commoner

Post by _-Kas-_ »

yay! berffie comeing back! woot!

i hope driller makes these changes soon :P
It doesn't think, It doesn't feel.
It doesn't laugh or cry
All it does from dusk till dawn,
is make the soldiers die!
TheInquistor
Knight
Knight

Post by TheInquistor »

I perhaps figure some input from a new player can inspire, so I come to say my peace. I am from another server where I handle many things. You may take that how you will but that's all I will speak of on it. But we all know that when things get static, change is a good thing for the betterment of the server. I don't know much of this server but what I have seen has impressed me. The saying "what works elsewhere, won't always work here" is a true statement, for I have seen it in BSK. I see excellent scripting, a persistant quest system and a very minute nerf list. (for the record nerfs and the whiners who get them put in don't bode well with me).

but I will say in the 2 days I have been here I have not seen any rp events or noticed a rpxp reward. Perhaps I just had bad timing..

the 4 hour restart interests me for what it accomplishes, but I would reccommend perhaps a 2 minute warning.

I like the effort you must put in to accomplish everything. not to hard yet still makes it enjoyable to acheive what you gain. (getting inviso potions alone is a task yet worth it & I approve)

I still have yet to find a complete subrace list (unless the list of 5-10 is it). but will continue to read here to find what I can

Overall I must say you have a nice atmosphere here and I will most likely play here and work elsewhere. Afterall, who hangs out at the mall when they work there.

just my .02

See you around.
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

TheInquistor wrote:See you around.
welcome to our world sir
TheInquistor
Knight
Knight

Post by TheInquistor »

*nods respectfully a thankyou*

So far I see many very interesting aspects. Learning and exploring a server is 1/3 the fun. The other 2/3 is the playerbase. imo

I look forward to working towards my first lvl 40
Kendrick Hal'Stead
ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

TheInquistor wrote:I still have yet to find a complete subrace list (unless the list of 5-10 is it). but will continue to read here to find what I can
Read this: Mechanics: BSK subraces
There are other hidden subraces, but they are... you guessed it... hidden.

It is highly suggested that new players take the time to read the Blackstone Keep: Introduction and Guidelines as it will probibly answer more questions than most people ever need to ask.

Should you have other questions, feel free to PM me and I will address your specific concern.

Myle
Artist? Writer? Musician?
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
http://www.myspace.com/st_dm_myle
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Looks like most of you want to keep things as they are. I will for the most part. But there will be a few changes.

-driller