Blackstone Poll

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Blackstone Keep is...

...like a fine wine, it gets better with each passing day.
43%
...like an old rock band that has forgotten the sound that made them a success.
57%

Total votes: 69

tropiofCancer
Count
Count

Post by tropiofCancer »

I agree with Jack , server administration being proactive enough to ask for feedback to make it a better place to play is proof that it is indeed a fine wine that gets better with time . As for the PP and PvP settings becoming more "Old West " style..sure thing although I have a suggestion , make it like it use to be when you could see the difficulty level of another character , not so much as to see who is an easy target but who is actually worth splattering across the Great Oak when they got quarrel . As for the PP..There is a script I am sure your aware of that only allows you to pp something which is only the size of one inventory block which makes more sense to me anyway . PP is cool when its RP'd out , Hordack the Dark was one of my favorite players to play with and he harried my pally with pp relentlessly . However , I am well aware of the failures of an eye of Akon and if I catch anyone trying to pp me just to get loot...I have a rogue as well and I will use him to harvest you . BSK is a great place to play and there is always room for improvement , hats off to Driller for trying to find them and actually care about what they players as a whole would like to see happen .
Roland Deschain
Duke
Duke

Post by Roland Deschain »

I normally dont post off topic but I just have to... Cajin go ahead and pickpocket youll be fine..... empty threats are easily dealt with lol....
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

Roland Deschain wrote:I normally dont post off topic but I just have to... Cajin go ahead and pickpocket youll be fine..... empty threats are easily dealt with lol....
my threats are not "empty", but a promised..... don't listen to this (insert word here), he and duo just like to stir up trouble you can pp/player kill if you want, but people will defend themselves...
~=% Run from your nightmares, chase after your dreams, but in the end ... they both come to you in sleep %=~
Wing--Zero
Duke
Duke

Post by Wing--Zero »

k9mouse wrote:
Roland Deschain wrote:I normally dont post off topic but I just have to... Cajin go ahead and pickpocket youll be fine..... empty threats are easily dealt with lol....
my threats are not "empty", but a promised..... don't listen to this (insert word here), he and duo just like to stir up trouble you can pp/player kill if you want, but people will defend themselves...
Im only gonna say this once. k9 keep me out of your posts please. I havent been on in I dont know how long and I hoenstly dont want to get on the fourms hearing "Oh Duo did this" or "Oh Duo is blah blah blah" .
From now on just leave me out of your posts on the fourms.

-Thanks
Duo Maxwell
Duo Maxwell
Auran Goodman
Damian Goodman
Daniel Goodman
Karn
Aye Spyu
Heia The Deamon
and some others :P
Log-ins: Zero, X, X_Mule, Z_mule
Roland Deschain
Duke
Duke

Post by Roland Deschain »

k9mouse wrote:

There is a differnce between Defending yourself and killing someone everytime they log and with whatever character thety log on to(which is what you claim you do)I was merely stating that if Cajin wants to pickpocket then he can do so and not have to worry about you mass killing him on all his characters(or attempting to) you killING the thief is ok.... but killing someone not involved is breaking law and you will have the Hunters to deal with.

PS Do not start the childish name calling, and what trouble do I like to stir? (besides my rp)
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

All that I am saying that I just go after the username, and it is not mass killing. I am going after one person, which may or may not have more then one chars. The way I am planning on, I will be following the server rules to my understanding of them. I just want to be left alone, there are 39 other people who want s to rp like that, why does he have to choose me? I will stop only if the person gaves back the item(s) or the value thereof. I figure if I will lose everything in mass uncontrolled pp or unwilling players killing, I might as well fund a total war towards that username before it gets out of hand. If I am going to lose it anyways.

You are stirring up trouble, by encouraging someone to pp/unwilling player killing with out a reason on someone who clearly does not want it or like it AT ALL or clearly states that she will not rp like that at all. (Unless you set up a time to do so, like may I pp you in the next 2 days?) I wish people do pp/unwilling player killing will get auto ban for a week, we don’t need that type of jerks running on this fun and SAFE server. I do not see the fun in the heart hunts that “wild westâ€
~=% Run from your nightmares, chase after your dreams, but in the end ... they both come to you in sleep %=~
Trudes
Count
Count

Post by Trudes »

All this hype over PP, you only have to go out of the keep gates right now and you could be PP'd.

Also, going after a player, rather than the char that pk'd or pp'd your char is not right.

I, like many others have good chars and evil chars> If my evil char gets caught out being a bit naughty then by all means go for it, hunt him/her down, i'd expect it. BUT to persue my other chars because of it is not on.
viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

Eye of Akon.

And if driller implements some of these checks and balances, the dangers of PP and PK will be limited by increased guard power and intervention in addition to a justice system that will hold criminals responsible for their actions...

But is this same script that causes characters to drop stolen items upon death also work in the situation where a character is arrested? Of course, if it was, then such items may not be taken by the rightful owners. Perhaps a bail bondsman trader might be an interesting addition where people could rebuy or claim their items that were stolen from them?
Carpe_DM1
Count
Count

Post by Carpe_DM1 »

Firstly until it actually does change, calm down, server rules are still in effect. Secondly, judging from the history of your posts, K9 you still seem to have some bad feelings and bad blood. I suggest you take it to PMs. You have made it more than clear about your feelings. If you can't say anything nice about someone, don't say anything at all.

There are already different changes implemented on this server and they aren't really that harmful. Even the umgah mages you so claim hate, and yet I still see some of your characters there quite often. Try to be more open minded and who knows, maybe you will like what's going to change. Instead of closing your eyes and kicking and screaming, especially announcing publicly that you intend on grief killing and harassing other players who may only once choose to PP/pvp you. And sadly it makes more work for us DMs because then it may cause you to become a target also.

And I quote:
All that I am saying that I just go after the username, and it is not mass killing. I am going after one person, which may or may not have more then one chars

It's one thing to retaliate against the character that did this. Another thing entirely to go after the person behind it and all their chars and to get others to do the same even if they had no interaction. That is called harassment and griefing and is against server rules.

http://thewastelands.org/viewtopic.php?p=2393#2393

Read this very very carefully, in fact read ALL the rules, and bear in mind what you are swearing you will do, will turn you into what you claim to hate. *grins evilly* :twisted: Don't make me get out my smite stick.
Last edited by Carpe_DM1 on Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Common sense is not so common" -Voltaire
"I thought to myself 'Why doesn't someone do something about that?' ...And then I realized I'm someone" - Lily Tomlin (when commenting on the environment and other tragic circumstances)
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

Trudes wrote:All this hype over PP, you only have to go out of the keep gates right now and you could be PP'd.

Also, going after a player, rather than the char that pk'd or pp'd your char is not right.

I, like many others have good chars and evil chars> If my evil char gets caught out being a bit naughty then by all means go for it, hunt him/her down, i'd expect it. BUT to persue my other chars because of it is not on.
so don't pp me then... if pp me, you agreeing to be hunted down.. that simple... i do not want pp rp at all, so please just leave me out your so called "fun"... i do like to rp in other ways, pp is just a dumb idea for players, so find yourself a nice npc and abuse him/her instead....
viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

k9mouse wrote:
so don't pp me then... if pp me, you agreeing to be hunted down.. that simple... i do not want pp rp at all, so please just leave me out your so called "fun"... i do like to rp in other ways, pp is just a dumb idea for players, so find yourself a nice npc and abuse him/her instead....
But K9, you may post this on the boards, but many players do not come to the boards. You are threatening to do something that is expressly banned on BSK, and if you were to do this, you would find yourself banned and wouldn't have to worry about PP or anything else.

I agree with Carpe... Mellow out and wait and see. It never helps issues to get all bent out of shape before you even know how they're going to work.
Trudes
Count
Count

Post by Trudes »

You have just repeated what i stated, If I was to pp you and you detect it then yes, hunt THAT char down.

And on a side note, I agree with Carpe_DM it's all getting a bit heated. Change isn't bad, there is no harm in trying out these things.

When I first started playing here there was pvp in the keep, none of my chars were ever set upon. i think if you provoke trouble then expect retaliation. if you keep your nose clean i doubt you will have problems.
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

ah, the umgah's mages, since driller only put one in the area, i can live with them now. i still don't like them, but learn to live with them. I can image that massive pp and unwilling killing when the rules are relaxed, and i call that harassment also. I just putting myself in a place when i defend my self... if you just ask, i might be willing to rp like that. How do i know if the dm will really do anything with pp/unwilling killing to the weaker players of keep? If i know that a dm will protect such players, i will back down.... so do i have a dm word on this matter then?

i do have very limited playing time and have very stressfull real life, i came to the keep to let the stress out by collecting items and such. i just hate to see my hard work goes down hill. i am sorry if i go over broad sometimes, but i do want to make it clear to everyone what how i feel about. so i will shut up about this topic for now... Some drillers ideas are very very cool and some of them i do not agree with... i do love this bsk, i guess i worry about it to much at times and i talk to much.
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

Trudes wrote:i think if you provoke trouble then expect retaliation. if you keep your nose clean i doubt you will have problems.
i agree, just trying got make sure that trouble stays away from me first :wink:
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

viobane wrote:
k9mouse wrote:
But K9, you may post this on the boards, but many players do not come to the boards. You are threatening to do something that is expressly banned on BSK, and if you were to do this, you would find yourself banned and wouldn't have to worry about PP or anything else.

I agree with Carpe... Mellow out and wait and see. It never helps issues to get all bent out of shape before you even know how they're going to work.
thanks for the advise, friend