The Final Straw

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

eclipse08
Duke
Duke

The Final Straw

Post by eclipse08 »

I've been watching and experiencing the current crop of so-called improvements made by Driller to BSK with dread and apprehension. Today was pretty much the final straw to my leaving of BSK.

Seems that your summon is considered a party member for the purposes of determining experience gained in combat. My "epic" spell Mummy Dust has been rendered useless because the Warrior Lord is level 18 whereby Murken is now 26. In addition to this, I spent the better part of 3 hours today killing druids for no XP and even less for drops.

With the derth of drops, this now useless summon, and the lack of areas for Murken to visit and successfully kill creatures for any xp, I feel my time here at BSK has come to a close.

I don't feel the need to create a new character since the one I had should have been effective enough to gain 40 levels of experience. I don't feel the need to pass out all Murken's items to "deserving" lesser creatues. And I don't feel the need to recreate his perfect self as a new character.

BSK has hit a new low with this failure in my eyes. So long and farewell.
GoVols
Count
Count

Re: The Final Straw

Post by GoVols »

eclipse08 wrote:I've been watching and experiencing the current crop of so-called improvements made by Driller to BSK with dread and apprehension. Today was pretty much the final straw to my leaving of BSK.

Seems that your summon is considered a party member for the purposes of determining experience gained in combat. My "epic" spell Mummy Dust has been rendered useless because the Warrior Lord is level 18 whereby Murken is now 26. In addition to this, I spent the better part of 3 hours today killing druids for no XP and even less for drops.

With the derth of drops, this now useless summon, and the lack of areas for Murken to visit and successfully kill creatures for any xp, I feel my time here at BSK has come to a close.

I don't feel the need to create a new character since the one I had should have been effective enough to gain 40 levels of experience. I don't feel the need to pass out all Murken's items to "deserving" lesser creatues. And I don't feel the need to recreate his perfect self as a new character.

Maybe I'm not sure about the exact point of your complaint. You mention the part about summons counting as a party member. That one didn't happen last night, it's been like that for a very long time. Not saying I agree, but it's been like that for a very long time.

All summons suck once you get very high in levels. That's not driller's doing, it's bioware's and the magical environment we live in on BSK, again......always has been.

At level 26, have you fought any ants, or waste dragons, or trites, or.......a few others you might be able to kill? Guess not. Instead you spend 3 hours killing things for zero XP? Nice!

If you ask, maybe Driller will put in an "Eclipse08 Lever" in town for you. You could just stand by it and pull it and you would get XP, gold, forge stones, and uber drops. Yeehhaaaaa.

It would mean something if nobody else was leveling to 40 now, but that's not the case.

If you want to quit..........just quit and don't go whining about it on these forums. Goodbye!
I'd rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6.
viobane
Duke
Duke

Re: The Final Straw

Post by viobane »

eclipse08 wrote:I've been watching and experiencing the current crop of so-called improvements made by Driller to BSK with dread and apprehension. Today was pretty much the final straw to my leaving of BSK.

Well, I've had fun RPing with you a few times, and I'm sorry to see you go. I haven't had the same problems you've experienced, fortunately. If you cnage your mind and would like to RP your way up a few levels, give me a call!
ValentianNizzle
Duke
Duke

Post by ValentianNizzle »

Boohoo, sucks to be you.
.Stinky Pete.
Baron
Baron

Post by .Stinky Pete. »

I'm sorry to hear this. I know you helpd me in the ants a few times.

Like viobane says, give me a shout if you change your mind.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Not sure what you mean by dearth of drops, a cursory glance at the logs show 36 forge stones have dropped so far today alone.

The summons are the same as they have always been. I can't help you with your characters build. But I am sure if you ask, someone else will.

-driller
eclipse08
Duke
Duke

Post by eclipse08 »

driller wrote:Not sure what you mean by dearth of drops, a cursory glance at the logs show 36 forge stones have dropped so far today alone.

The summons are the same as they have always been. I can't help you with your characters build. But I am sure if you ask, someone else will.

-driller
Regarding the summons, on no other server have my summons been rendered useless upon entering epic levels.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I can't please everyone and I am not even going to try.

-driller
eclipse08 wrote:
driller wrote:Not sure what you mean by dearth of drops, a cursory glance at the logs show 36 forge stones have dropped so far today alone.

-driller
Regarding the summons, on no other server have my summons been rendered useless upon entering epic levels.
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

it is all about gave and take.... one takes the good along with the bad.
~=% Run from your nightmares, chase after your dreams, but in the end ... they both come to you in sleep %=~
eclipse08
Duke
Duke

Post by eclipse08 »

driller wrote:I can't please everyone and I am not even going to try.

-driller
eclipse08 wrote:

-driller
I don't expect you to. :)
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

Post by Pretty Fly White Guy »

If you're the person i think you are, i remember RPing with you.

It's a sad loss, but goodbye and good luck with whatever you do.
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

I must admit I have been in the same position as eclipse08, but RPing with a few good folk got me a lot of good hints and points of what gear works. Now there are a lot of dead wood out there who'd kill steal your Grandma's cookies but all in all the BSK crowd is a good bunch, for banna's that is!! hehehe ... sorry had to add that.

So search out the good guy's and rp your difficulties and a solution should follow. Oh, your right about the mummy ... a waste of an epic feat.
EliotRey
Baron
Baron

Post by EliotRey »

*Insert sound of 2 pennies dropping on the table*

Here's my 2 cents, for what it's worth: A good roleplayer on this server is worth they're weight in gp. I'm sorry to hear that you're going. I get in moods where I just want to hack and slash, but if somebody's rp'ing near me or begins to involve me, I'm all in. It's the fun of it, it takes me back to my early d&d days where I was there with my pencil written character sheet and some dice and I did A LOT of talking! :)

I know what you mean about feeling disappointed with changes in drops or having Epic characters that seem useless, but I've tried to think of the keep like life. In life, EVERYONE has problems, from your homeless beggars to your Bill Gates', everyone has things that don't go there way. I'm sure with an Epic level character you can still make it work, make it fun and get great drops. It just might take a little longer.

But really, is anything ever worthwhile that comes easy?
There is a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path.
Caesius
Duke
Duke

Post by Caesius »

While the Black Blade of Disaster is a real cool summons, all the others kind of get left in the dust after level 20. 'tis a shame that summons don't scale up in hit dice with their owner. A 40HD dragon would be much cooler than a 23HD one at lv 40.
The only constant is change.
Thanatos
Duke
Duke

Post by Thanatos »

*laughing* I'm sorry Eclipse. You seem like a nice person and all, but are you serious about the summon thing? With a summoned undead, my familiar and a controlled undead, I still won't walk anywhere more dangerous than blackstone road without being buffed to the 9's. And my necro is lvl 35. It's been this way for a while.

On the drop issue: Sure, I have my slow days as far as drop rate is concerned. But every couple days I have a big day and rake in a mil inside of a few hours, evening out my avg earnings.

But hey, we all have our bad days, I suppose
Fact: Ninjas are mammals
Fact: Ninjas fight ALL the time