BSK Dangers

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

wimpyisdead
Knight
Knight

Post by wimpyisdead »

another quick topic, on the whole naming monsters the names of pop culture.. Vogon are the big space destroyers in Hitchhickers Guide to the Galaxy correct?

this is another reason i love BSK.. the pop culture references.
can we ask you to name some new stuff after our favorite sci-fi, horror or fantasy stories?
EliotRey
Baron
Baron

Post by EliotRey »

Yes, the Vogons are the big space destroyers with little sense of humor in the Hitchhiker's Guide, as to whether or not our esteemed Driller used the name for that reason, like the tootsie pop, the world may never know!
There is a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path.
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

Back in the day, Driller would grace the server with his DM account and hold pop pop-culture quizzes. You would win if you've been a nerd for the last 40 years, and thrived on SciFi jokes, books, and TV shows. Oh, and classical rock songs.

Rewards included forge stones and gloating rights, but people started getting too good at them once they figured out Ultima and certain SciFi shows were time classic favorites. =P
ZOMFGOMBIES!
Katar
Knight
Knight

Post by Katar »

Gibbo wrote:Back in the day, Driller would grace the server with his DM account and hold pop pop-culture quizzes. You would win if you've been a nerd for the last 40 years, and thrived on SciFi jokes, books, and TV shows. Oh, and classical rock songs.

Rewards included forge stones and gloating rights, but people started getting too good at them once they figured out Ultima and certain SciFi shows were time classic favorites. =P
He had one of those just a few days ago in fact. It was fun :) I think the questions had a generation bias tho :P :P
ValentianNizzle
Duke
Duke

Post by ValentianNizzle »

Oh yeah. Those were great.
Thanatos
Duke
Duke

Post by Thanatos »

Talk about your generation gap. I couldn't answer a single one of the pop culture trivia questions the other day. I felt a little out of sorts
Fact: Ninjas are mammals
Fact: Ninjas fight ALL the time