Monster Loot Drops?

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Whitewolf
Baron
Baron

Post by Whitewolf »

Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:50 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if(GetLastKiller() == "Queen Naga")
DropGarbage();

-driller

Gibbo wrote:
Maybe it's just bad Karma.

Haha, Wait. .. I think this happens to me too!!

:?
Queen Naga II
Duke
Duke

Post by Queen Naga II »

driller wrote:if(GetLastKiller() == "Queen Naga")
DropGarbage();

-driller
Gibbo wrote:Maybe it's just bad Karma.
LOL I would not be surprised lately.
Ipsissimossity
Baron
Baron

Post by Ipsissimossity »

Just so we're clear: The CR is affected by what items the character wears, aswell, right ? Because maybe the reason why a lot of players seem to be unhappy with the current loot system has to do with them having a higher CR than they should, according to their level and what CR the creatures they're fighting have ? In my experience, the best way to get loot, from my old days of farming for hours, in order to get the insanely amazing Greater Swordman's Belt - different server, mind you - We'd go in parties of four, all of us with low level items, and keeping our level to the set CR of the creatures - except that we were more than just one, of course. And, though this may be just bad luck, but we'd always make sure to kill creatures one by one. No Area of Effect spells or the like. For some reason, it seems that if a mage takes out 50 critters with a spell, you'll get far less loot than if you do the same with a battle axe and some blood sacrificed.

On a somewhat different note, though - and this may be too much to ask but .. - Driller; is it possible that the whatchamaycallem Skeletal Golems before Shalnath have been somehow forgotten in the looting system ? After spending quite some time there, I've yet to get anything except for Cure Light Wounds and gold pieces.
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

Post by Pretty Fly White Guy »

items do not contribute to CR.

Stats and levels do.

Not sure about skills/feats.
temordae01
Baron
Baron

Post by temordae01 »

I think Driller actually watches from up on high and magically brings down his drop-smite wand on whomever displeases him at the moment. Seems though that lots of us displease him. *pouts* *Prays to the Almighty Driller*
With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
- Steven Weinberg
chbtartdat
Knight
Knight

Post by chbtartdat »

So...are purple items rare? I found a scythe tonight that's like uber beyond anythig I have ever seen. Please tell me I can keep it? What's the odds of finding an item so powerful the Gods bow to your every wish?
Queen Naga II
Duke
Duke

Post by Queen Naga II »

Purple coloured drops are rare and yes you'll be able to keep it, though depending on its stats you might well be able to sell it for a considerable sum of gold or exchange for something more suited to your charcter's needs.
temordae01
Baron
Baron

Post by temordae01 »

Or design a new character around it. A scythe wielding dwarven defender? Hehe... Too bad Wemics are not allowed as a player race here, they would be awesome scythe wielders.
With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
- Steven Weinberg
Cajin
Count
Count

Post by Cajin »

:lol: I've been a good boy, I have been getting ok drops in my christmas stockings
- Cajin "The Reborn"
- Kelth and William McEwann
- Ghûrzhazh Rhânanûr
-Duncan "The Hunk" Mackinlay
Queen Naga II
Duke
Duke

Post by Queen Naga II »

Must live in a funny upside down world to have christmas at the end of June *smirks*
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

100th reply.
Red
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Red »

My experience upon returning to BSK after a few months of absence. Made a new character and went from 1 to 40.

Found 1 kazak rune. No other socket runes or gems.

No forge stones.

I'm not sure how newbies are supposed to get geared up. I asked around it seems others have similar experiences with loot, though usually a few forge stones by 40.

If the loot drops are supposed to be the same as they used to be I would guess something is bugged.

And as far as I now I was mostly fighting enemies that would be within the range required to drop gems and stones. Level 5 was at ettins, eventually switched to tyrans (around level 8?). Level 12 in ants. Switched to umgahs around level 30.
Fenrip
Duke
Duke

Post by Fenrip »

My two most recent characters are in the mid 20's now. 5 forgies between them. About 50/50 solo and in party and always with critters at 200 exp or better, usually in the 350-475 range. I have a number of runes/gems.

The only forged items are two rings with one stone each for the ants.
Katar
Knight
Knight

Post by Katar »

I have seen both sides of this recently. I made 2 new characters and levelled them both up alternately. One of them did not find a gem/rune until level 11 and at level 12 still hasn't seen a single forgie. The other character is now level 8 and has found 7 forgestones. I really think it is just luck of the draw for each character. I have never had a problem with making money tho. Every character I make has over 500k by the time he reaches level 6 or 7. I always start them with notta and loot the wolf hides as I level up to 3rd level- I use that money for my dr belts and then always find a lot of high gold items dropping in the crypt, Kobald caves and mines. I also think that being a follower of Lia may cause a disproportionate amount of good drops. I get alot of "Lia rewards you" drops and that generates alot of the early cash.
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

well i've been fighting the flayers since level 21(ish) and so far i havn't had a forgie drop. it is a popular area though, so i think that could be the reason.

I have no forged items equipped.