Monster Loot Drops?

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

Pretty Fly White Guy wrote:
viobane wrote:
Pretty Fly White Guy wrote:How soon is now?
You are such a music hound! Morrisey ROCKS!

But, topic wise, drops are based on a randomizer if I remember correctly, so rare is relative to the numbers assigned.
technically The Smiths, but i'll let you off this time.
I know it's from The Smiths, but The Smiths *IS* Morrisey!!! At least I was alive when that song first came out... Of course, is that something to brag about?

Rare drops of pop culture sidetracks/hijacks is at a rate of at least 85% per thread.
temordae01
Baron
Baron

Post by temordae01 »

Heres something I've noticed lately: The gong is not so wonderful anymore. I've gotten the gong at least once per day this past week only to find some masterwork weenie item or maybe a +2 item and some gold. I remember when the gong was cause for excitement...of wonderment at the luck of the mortals receiving a gift from the Gods. Sadly, no more. If I hear a gong, I feel dread...all consuming apathy for whatever drops. Perhaps I can sell the trinket for a stack of arrows. *sigh* Wondrous Gong, why hast thou deserted us?
With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
- Steven Weinberg
Queen Naga II
Duke
Duke

Post by Queen Naga II »

I can top that.... I had a gong drop yesterday and I left it on the ground in digust....

as it was just a standard TORCH !!!
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

Post by Pretty Fly White Guy »

The torch which i picked up and took to the trash can later?

tut tut tut.
temordae01
Baron
Baron

Post by temordae01 »

Queen Naga II wrote:I can top that.... I had a gong drop yesterday and I left it on the ground in digust....

as it was just a standard TORCH !!!
Okay, you got me. That tops mine. You really must have rolled a one on every single option for a drop. And then at the end, rolled another one just for spite's sake. :P
With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
- Steven Weinberg
GoVols
Count
Count

Post by GoVols »

So are we seeing many more Neutral followers of Lia? :D
I'd rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6.
TheInquistor
Knight
Knight

Post by TheInquistor »

I must say the system here is awesome. but of coure I am new & don't know of the past system. Also take into consideration I am used to enemies always dropping the same things. you kill this guy, you get this. you knew where to go to farm whatever. but we had the ability to make a full set of custom items, custom to your player and stats. all you had to do was write up a unique story for each item. and one weapon could total 100k and everything else had to be 50k. nothing could have a skill bonus of more than +3 either. so from my PoV, the system is great.
Kendrick Hal'Stead
TheInquistor
Knight
Knight

Post by TheInquistor »

oh and xfering items between ur own chars...you can do that here :shock: damn I am used to first time, get a strike of 20% loss of everything. second time strike is 50% of everything and again is permanent ban. & an instant NO on any app for subraces, player home and customs.

WOW...talk about differences
Kendrick Hal'Stead
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

TheInquistor wrote:WOW...talk about differences
no offense intended, buy your old world sounds it sucks real bad. BSK is great, but has a few bugs to iron out, but it is great anyhow :)
~=% Run from your nightmares, chase after your dreams, but in the end ... they both come to you in sleep %=~
Queen Naga II
Duke
Duke

Post by Queen Naga II »

Pretty Fly White Guy wrote:The torch which i picked up and took to the trash can later?

tut tut tut.
I don't take things to the trash can with this particular char I zap them with the electrifyer, but as I say I was disgusted with the gong drop like that. Besides you don't even know which char or where it was.
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

Maybe it's just bad Karma.
ZOMFGOMBIES!
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

Queen Naga II wrote:
Pretty Fly White Guy wrote:The torch which i picked up and took to the trash can later?

tut tut tut.
I don't take things to the trash can with this particular char I zap them with the electrifyer, but as I say I was disgusted with the gong drop like that. Besides you don't even know which char or where it was.
Oh BTW sometimes the drops are really small, like a whip or dagger, and can't be seen except by hitting the tab key and even then you have to move off a bit. I know I almost lost a cool dagger in the swamp because I couldn't see it but the gong said something dropped! I had to really look for it. But yes the gong is now sounding for real wimpy stuff.
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

Capt Cliff wrote: But yes the gong is now sounding for real wimpy stuff.
is that a bug or is it set up that way now :?:
~=% Run from your nightmares, chase after your dreams, but in the end ... they both come to you in sleep %=~
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

if(GetLastKiller() == "Queen Naga")
DropGarbage();

-driller
Gibbo wrote:Maybe it's just bad Karma.
viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

driller wrote:if(GetLastKiller() == "Queen Naga")
DropGarbage();

-driller
Gibbo wrote:Maybe it's just bad Karma.
ROFL!