Monster Loot Drops?

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

Sounds like everyone is having problems with forgie drops, with a few exceptions. Well, either open up a gem stone in the keep, make a gem store like Akons where you need to defeat a guardian or allow all the elemental to drop forgies only, but make them really tough to kill. It's been said before but I want to repeat it to play successfully beyond lvl 40 and into the underdark you need uber gear. To get uber gear you need forgies. A lot of us are hitting a glass ceiling with the only option is play alot of PC's and pool their finds into one PC (via a mule) or find another server.
BSK is a work in progress ... driller's baby ... how can we help it get out of the terrible two's! :P
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

Capt Cliff wrote:Sounds like everyone is having problems with forgie drops, with a few exceptions. Well, either open up a gem stone in the keep, make a gem store like Akons where you need to defeat a guardian or allow all the elemental to drop forgies only, but make them really tough to kill. It's been said before but I want to repeat it to play successfully beyond lvl 40 and into the underdark you need uber gear. To get uber gear you need forgies. A lot of us are hitting a glass ceiling with the only option is play alot of PC's and pool their finds into one PC (via a mule) or find another server.
BSK is a work in progress ... driller's baby ... how can we help it get out of the terrible two's! :P
LOL!! so true....
~=% Run from your nightmares, chase after your dreams, but in the end ... they both come to you in sleep %=~
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

Post by Pretty Fly White Guy »

just because i havn't had one drop doesn't mean i'm having forgie troubles. i''ve got a mule full of 'em

I call him Nizzle
ValentianNizzle
Duke
Duke

Post by ValentianNizzle »

Pretty Fly White Guy wrote:just because i havn't had one drop doesn't mean i'm having forgie troubles. i''ve got a mule full of 'em

I call him Nizzle
Finders keepers, loosers weepers. The latter being the one being quoted.
DM_Mystic
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by DM_Mystic »

The one prevelant thing I've been seeing in these posts is the word "I". My guess is that each of you is hunting alone. Try hunting in a small party, where you have less chance of getting your arses kicked, and chances are you'll see better loot. It's just too bad that people are generally to greedy and distrustful to travel in parties anymore. :cry:
dm_xeen1
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by dm_xeen1 »

well said mystic
chbtartdat
Knight
Knight

Post by chbtartdat »

So do the more people in your party in an area increase your chances of finding more drops? Or does it just ensure your survival IN the area so you can actually FIND drops?
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Guys drops are as random as they can be. There is no pattern other than what NWN random generator comes up with.

-driller
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

driller wrote:Guys drops are as random as they can be. There is no pattern other than what NWN random generator comes up with.

-driller
didn't you mod the code something like

if d=100
drophigh()
else droplow();

//sorry couldn't find your old post with that in it

how does that work with the randomness of the game system :?:
~=% Run from your nightmares, chase after your dreams, but in the end ... they both come to you in sleep %=~
ValentianNizzle
Duke
Duke

Post by ValentianNizzle »

k9mouse wrote:
driller wrote:Guys drops are as random as they can be. There is no pattern other than what NWN random generator comes up with.

-driller
didn't you mod the code something like

if d=100
drophigh()
else droplow();

//sorry couldn't find your old post with that in it

how does that work with the randomness of the game system :?:
It was just an example of how the code works. Not how it's implemented on the server I believe. Now will you let this drop? Otherwise I might consider coming back and taking all of your forge stones... in the night!
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

just trying to understand how the drop system works....
viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

k9mouse wrote:just trying to understand how the drop system works....
But it's *been* explained multiple times. Driller has said that it hasn't changed, although he increased the drop rate of socket gems. The NWN randomizer is wonky, at best. I remember times where it's generated the same drops from ettins for a LONG time (in fact, at the time, it was a good drop, so I made a bit of money off that one). Other times, it just drops crap and keeps dropping crap. You just have to take what it gives you.

Yes, it's too bad for treasure seekers and hoarders, but as far as I can tell from the examples driller has given, and the times he's tried to explain, you may be trying to understand or find an answer to something that's not there. And bringing up the topic again and again doesn't make it any better.
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

Post by Pretty Fly White Guy »

Fenrip and I both got divine resistance splint mail at the same time just a couple of days ago :)

I saw a set in the shop as well, idk if it was sold by him or someone else.
Fenrip
Duke
Duke

Post by Fenrip »

Someone else.
Katar
Knight
Knight

Post by Katar »

I think a lag spike can sometimes confuse the item generator too. I have gotten 2 of the exact same item from one kill before and recently a party member got 2 scarlett forgies in 1 drop. I think this is because the item generator creates the 2nd item during the lag and doesn't have time to account for the identical item that was just created.

Of course I could be totally wrong about this too :roll: