Monster Loot Drops?

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Monster Loot Drops?

Post by Capt Cliff »

Oh whoah is me ... OH WHOAH IS ME ... where have all the monster droppings gone. An I don't mean those smell round pellets either!!! My new PC's are constantly living from hand to mouth, and my high lvl's can no longer troll for loot in Marvale. Now with the wolves no longer dropping loot buying gear for your low lvl PC is real tough. Not that I want it easy ... but ... well yes I want it easy! :P
viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

Try:

Spider Caves near the central forest portal

Kobolds

Ogrillions

I haven't tried yet, but there's that entire part of the deep forest with boar headed creatures that might give good drops as well. Plenty of places for low levels. I've picked up a few cool drops in the above areas. Remember to hunt level-appropriate as well.
Valnir
Count
Count

Post by Valnir »

And what if you are good?

I mean to get up you need to beat tougher opponents, what if when you are so good that you can beat even tougher opponents then your level-appropriate enemies?

Been grinding those lizzard things (tyranids?)in the swamp and when i was about to leave they started to drop stuff.
Valnir Raven

eclipse08
Duke
Duke

Post by eclipse08 »

I agree. The drops have been scarce of late even in the high level areas. Murken can finally hold his own against the Waste Giants without running to the caravan wagon screaming like a little girl. He gets 98xp each and has yet to see any drops. Let's say about a month ago he was getting nice drops from them including several forge stones, a +10 dagger, and a ton of lesser items perfect for selling.

What's going on?

To find out if this was rampant on the server, I created a low level character and went fishing for drops with the wolves in the pasture and the undead along Blackstone road. Sure enough, the drops were pitiful to non-existent. What's going on? Has the drop table been hijacked?

FIX IT! I COMMAND YOU! Hehe. Please?
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

Challenges are fun and such to a point, but some days all I really just want to cruise. Nothing like beating up some monsters to relive stress and getting some booty as well, it is getting harder to do both. Now we no longer are getting very little good booty vs. the amount of time we have to spend to mine (IHMO), all I have to say -- Are we having fun yet?
~=% Run from your nightmares, chase after your dreams, but in the end ... they both come to you in sleep %=~
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I recently created two new characters and have taken them to about level 9.
I have found forge stones, sockets gems and several of the colored items with each character.
Perhaps you had a bad run of luck?

-driller
Fenrip
Duke
Duke

Post by Fenrip »

Drops do seem to be fewer lately but I have found about the same number of forgies and socket stuff. In 8 months I've only found one purple item and I gave that away to someone who graciously returned valuables that I had carelessly dropped.

I won't complain though because I finally found my own red forgie. I'll take quality over quantity as much as 50% of the time. :lol:
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

driller wrote:I recently created two new characters and have taken them to about level 9.
I have found forge stones, sockets gems and several of the colored items with each character.

-driller
Finding forgies is cool but you won't use them till your past 10th lvl or beyond. So they sit in your pack until your 35 then you hunt for a crafter. The problem with bad drops or lack of drops is funding your PC's gear as he goes from 1st to 20th. At 10 or 11 seasons the monster choices are limited, and if you don't have the gear where do you mine for goodies to be able to buy the right gear for that next monster area? It becomes boring especially when you hit the glass ceiling, meaning if you go hunt ants for loot you die. You don't get drops along the road after 7th lvl but if you need funding for gear to hunt shadows or mino's where do you hunt?

You also have to amass a fortune for your lvl 40 gear. At least 1-2 million to forge everything, if you have the right stones. The game is suppose to be fun, challenging and NOT boring and frustrating. The great people online really help make the game fun but that only goes so far.

If you like the monster drops as they are then decrease the price of goods and put some goods that used to drop into the shops, like elite archer and brawlers belts. If you increase the drops and you find people have too much ... take the rust monsters out of the underdark and have them appear everywhere randomly, or script it for they guy with the outrageous gear. Random appearence of a diety who shakes you down for a contribution ... I used to DM with lead figures. :P

All in all BSK is great because of the neat people on line ... it used to be fantastic because the people and the cool monster drops in ALL areas. 8)
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

The days of level 40's killing wolves to get forge stones are over.
The drop rate is the same, just kill stuff that is tougher.

You can kill stuff five levels lower than yourself and still get the same drops.

-driller
Capt Cliff wrote:
driller wrote:I recently created two new characters and have taken them to about level 9.

-driller
Finding forgies is cool but you won't use them till your past 10th lvl or beyond. So they sit in your pack until your 35 then you hunt for a crafter. The problem with bad drops or lack of drops is funding your PC's gear as he goes from 1st to 20th. At 10 or 11 seasons the monster choices are limited, and if you don't have the gear where do you mine for goodies to be able to buy the right gear for that next monster area? It becomes boring especially when you hit the glass ceiling, meaning if you go hunt ants for loot you die. You don't get drops along the road after 7th lvl but if you need funding for gear to hunt shadows or mino's where do you hunt?

You also have to amass a fortune for your lvl 40 gear. At least 1-2 million to forge everything, if you have the right stones. The game is suppose to be fun, challenging and NOT boring and frustrating. The great people online really help make the game fun but that only goes so far.

If you like the monster drops as they are then decrease the price of goods and put some goods that used to drop into the shops, like elite archer and brawlers belts. If you increase the drops and you find people have too much ... take the rust monsters out of the underdark and have them appear everywhere randomly, or script it for they guy with the outrageous gear. Random appearence of a diety who shakes you down for a contribution ... I used to DM with lead figures. :P

All in all BSK is great because of the neat people on line ... it used to be fantastic because the people and the cool monster drops in ALL areas. 8)
ValentianNizzle
Duke
Duke

Post by ValentianNizzle »

Finally.
eclipse08
Duke
Duke

Post by eclipse08 »

I'm okay with fighting stuff harder, but maybe Driller had us spoiled with the way the drops were. I still think forgies should drop a little more often. Heehee. Okay okay, I know that will never happen. :P
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

driller wrote:The days of level 40's killing wolves to get forge stones are over.
The drop rate is the same, just kill stuff that is tougher.

You can kill stuff five levels lower than yourself and still get the same drops.

-driller
=============================
eclipse08 wrote:I'm okay with fighting stuff harder, but maybe Driller had us spoiled with the way the drops were. I still think forgies should drop a little more often. Heehee. Okay okay, I know that will never happen. :P
--- At a gravesite she stands----
--- She puts on black sackcloth in remembrance of the days of yore… ---
~=% Run from your nightmares, chase after your dreams, but in the end ... they both come to you in sleep %=~
BaskingDemon
Count
Count

Post by BaskingDemon »

An estimated over 100 umgahs killed...

1 gold (useless) forge stone

A couple of dak runes

About 50 healing kits!

Various blunt weapons and wooden shields.. excactly like what can be bought at the tavern.

... for 100 Umgahs

I left in disgust.
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

BaskingDemon wrote:An estimated over 100 umgahs killed...

1 gold (useless) forge stone

A couple of dak runes

About 50 healing kits!

Various blunt weapons and wooden shields.. excactly like what can be bought at the tavern.

... for 100 Umgahs

I left in disgust.
Care to join me at the gravesite to remanber the days of yore, sir?
Elfrogue
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Elfrogue »

I personally am having no problems.. though I am fighting stuff that is slightly tough for me (i.e. ettins - 10, swamp lizards till about 13 - 14, shadow minions for a few levels then the druids, I just finally made epics and started trying the ants) and I'm finding tons of stuff.. even just found an ancient club (+17 attack) which is bound to sell for a ton at akons. All though the level 12 character out there fighting the ants ( and surviving easier than my 24) was complaining about not getting drops.. so maybe I'm just still lucky.