Bow sockets

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

shaggy1971
Baron
Baron
Location: Loooking behind himself making sure Foxy isnt there

Post by shaggy1971 »

i have a rogue chr that uses sneak attack...and i have NO problem dropping umgahs or any other target for that matter even with the cheapest of arrows and yes i also did add some of the lesser used forge stones on some arrows to give different effects for fighting creatures...

Experimentation ladies and gents ...thats what it is all about 8)
I see rivers of blood and....

Hmmmm perhaps a spleen
Queen Naga II
Duke
Duke

Post by Queen Naga II »

Thats all well and good but even using lesser forge stones on arrows is an expensive waste just for something you can only use 99 times and with no actual guarantee of a single success within that bundle of 99 arrows.

It doesn't compare to putting such a forge stone on a melee weapon which never runs out, less you unfortunately come across a rust monster that is.
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

Here is one idea:

Make a device that adds different damage types based on the color of normal gems. We can say that x number of -normal- (not forgies or runes) gems add y damage to the plain arrows only. It is something like the device for re-charngeing wands for sor/wiz's, but it get the power to -charage- the plain arrows from normal only. Different color gems can add different damage and different amounts of the same color of gem makes the damage stronger or weaker or just ramdom. One can buy the arrows. The gems can be brought at marville. This will make a market for normal gems which leads into rp and player interaction.....
~=% Run from your nightmares, chase after your dreams, but in the end ... they both come to you in sleep %=~
BaskingDemon
Count
Count

Post by BaskingDemon »

***ADVERTISEMENT***

'WARRIORS' BOW (socketed longbow) (Extra Damage Bludgeoning / Extra Damage Slashing / Extra Damage Piercing / Massive Criticals 1d8 / Mighty +17 / Attack Bonus +20)

Available at Blacks Magic Emporium - See store for details
Queen Naga II
Duke
Duke

Post by Queen Naga II »

I am guessing here that the possibility of crafting arrows has gone the way of the DODO, with the recent departure of some personel in the admin.

I still hold out some hope that someone may look into being able to craft arrows for those with penchant for archer type characters.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Arrow crafting is on my todo list.

-driller
Queen Naga II wrote:I am guessing here that the possibility of crafting arrows has gone the way of the DODO, with the recent departure of some personel in the admin.

I still hold out some hope that someone may look into being able to craft arrows for those with penchant for archer type characters.
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

Yay!!!
~=% Run from your nightmares, chase after your dreams, but in the end ... they both come to you in sleep %=~
Katar
Knight
Knight

Post by Katar »

Is something similar to a "keen scabbard" possible? A craftable "quiver" that you could use on a stack of arrows to give them whatever properties that quiver can impart, based on what forgestones were added to the quiver. I'm not sure something like this is possible, but it would be a nice permanent item that would not cause archers to burn through forgestones any faster than other type weapon wielders.
eclipse08
Duke
Duke

Post by eclipse08 »

BaskingDemon wrote:***ADVERTISEMENT***

'WARRIORS' BOW (socketed longbow) (Extra Damage Bludgeoning / Extra Damage Slashing / Extra Damage Piercing / Massive Criticals 1d8 / Mighty +17 / Attack Bonus +20)

Available at Blacks Magic Emporium - See store for details
Don't forget there's a forgie that can add unlimited ammo to this wondrous setup. :D
Caesius
Duke
Duke

Post by Caesius »

With all that is already on it, adding another stone might not the wisest course of action...
The only constant is change.
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

As long we have room in the array in the code, we should be fine and might as well use it ;)
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I have added a Magic crafting cube that can socket arrows. This will be after the noon reset. The recipe to make it in the forge is:

1 Red Forge Stone.
1 Blue Forge Stone.
1 Yellow Forge Stone.
1 Magic Electrifier
1 Magic Bag.

-driller
Queen Naga II
Duke
Duke

Post by Queen Naga II »

That sounds a wonderful addition ... can't wait to try it out some time soon.

Just one question though... Magic bag ? Any difference on the weight percentage as I have a few 20% and 40% that might do the job ? Or doesn't it matter what the % is ?
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Specifically, a normal Magic Bag.

-driller
Queen Naga II wrote:That sounds a wonderful addition ... can't wait to try it out some time soon.

Just one question though... Magic bag ? Any difference on the weight percentage as I have a few 20% and 40% that might do the job ? Or doesn't it matter what the % is ?
Queen Naga II
Duke
Duke

Post by Queen Naga II »

Thanks Driller ... I have made one and tried it out. It works a treat, all I need now is a barrel full of socket gems, so guess my character Cassy will only be buying them from now on.