Blackrose strongehold murderers..

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Queen Naga II
Duke
Duke

Blackrose strongehold murderers..

Post by Queen Naga II »

Okay I know what is going to said by some before I even say a word here, but I would like some appraisal of issues with this place.

At the weekend just gone, my daughter was at home and played one of my characters in the advent of this she didn't know about screensaves, she does now however.

She took the character down to the Blackrose Stronghold to visit the merchant as I had told her she could sell some stuff there.

Whilst she was down there she was attacked and killed.

Someone who remains nameless to these pages in this thread, who had her killed in what I can only call metagaming tactics, then told her...

He was RP'ing a take over of the area, he also complained that she took it straight to OOC in asking to be raised.

She was not given any warnings there was no RP on behalf of her two assailents until she was dead.

An argument ensued in tells as I understand it afterwards but thats not what this post is about.

I would like to know how someone can claim to be RP'ing taking control of an area when there is no notification in-game or on these forums about such RP intensions ?

I would also point out that I believe it is still policy on this server that it is;

1/ RP lite and as such no one is under obligation to RP or accept anothers RP,

2/ That PK'ing/murdering still requires consent to enter PvP and that RP could lead to PvP not the other way around obvious exceptions of course noted (ie. pick pocketing etc.. ),

3/ That metagaming via means of casting offensive spells to locate a hidden character then fetching his mate with true seeing to attack and kill another is both unfriendly and unwarranted given the lack of any attempt to post/announce such an action when it effects the fun of other players without their consent to their aggression in the first place.

Killing another player then inventing an RP reason for it afterwards I would deem in very poor spirit of the server rules and intentions.
wdpepsiman
Count
Count

Post by wdpepsiman »

this area is anything goes at your own risk

how many times does this need to be posted

you go there ya takes your chances

my suggestion is go to vogons
Wing--Zero
Duke
Duke

Post by Wing--Zero »

Well im gonna come out and say....It was me. It was in BlackRose and I was haveing a rp of murdering someone haveing them go tell on the fourms that they have been murderd. I didnt know it was your doughter...and I dont care if it was or not. I was trying to get a rp started that would be lots of fun seing as how she went ooc with it I could tell shes not the best candidate for it so I moved to another. The rp for it is going great and you can say what you want about how pvp dosent lead to rp but, I do belive it has. I did the same thing in the arena with another good rper and so far its going great. I dont care for talking things out and plaining a rp I perfer spontainiouse rp. I knew someone would whine and cry about it so thats why I did it in Blackrose the first time b/c theres no rules and your already consenting to pvp by walking down there. The second spot I did it for the second person was Arena b/c walking in there is consent to pvp as well. If you dont want any part in any pvp than dont go down there to those two areas.

-Thanks
Duo Maxwell
Duo Maxwell
Auran Goodman
Damian Goodman
Daniel Goodman
Karn
Aye Spyu
Heia The Deamon
and some others :P
Log-ins: Zero, X, X_Mule, Z_mule
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

Hey Duo some one told me you were attacking the keep guards or maybe killing civilians in the keep the other day. Was that part of your murder plot? Being chaotic evil does not mean you can be a psycho!
viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

Maybe this just refers back to the discussion of "evil" but why is murdering people considered good RP? Other than playing homicidal sorts of evil, how can you keep such RP from becoming a sort of griefing?
Wing--Zero
Duke
Duke

Post by Wing--Zero »

Capt Cliff wrote:Hey Duo some one told me you were attacking the keep guards or maybe killing civilians in the keep the other day. Was that part of your murder plot? Being chaotic evil does not mean you can be a psycho!
LOL no im playing a mage and if your talking about the other day when I was attacking a gaurd that was b/c a char named Shelby was attacking the gaurds from at the top of the keep where they couldnt reach her. And I was trying to lure one up there to kill them. Why dont you get your facts straight before you start acuseing someone of something that you dont know about. I know how to rp a evil char thank you very little. This isnt my first evil guild ive had and I know what im doing.
Last edited by Wing--Zero on Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Duo Maxwell
Auran Goodman
Damian Goodman
Daniel Goodman
Karn
Aye Spyu
Heia The Deamon
Wing--Zero
Duke
Duke

Post by Wing--Zero »

viobane wrote:Maybe this just refers back to the discussion of "evil" but why is murdering people considered good RP? Other than playing homicidal sorts of evil, how can you keep such RP from becoming a sort of griefing?
B/c the traget was just one person not everyone. I wanted to find one good person that could go with the flow of rp. I found that person havent ran around killing anyone else why dont you try asking the people that are involved in the rp.
Duo Maxwell
Auran Goodman
Damian Goodman
Daniel Goodman
Karn
Aye Spyu
Heia The Deamon
viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

I *am* asking those RPing it out. Namely you and anyone else involved. My prior question still stands unanswered, IMHO.
Wing--Zero
Duke
Duke

Post by Wing--Zero »

viobane wrote:I *am* asking those RPing it out. Namely you and anyone else involved. My prior question still stands unanswered, IMHO.
b/c murdering a bunch of people yea is just psychotic but, murdering someone with a evil plot behind it is differnt. This is why people say theres no rp in blackstone is b/c everytime someone start to make a good rp everyone trys to sit there and go on about how bad it is blah blah blah. It makes for good rp b/c it affects a bunch of people if you pick the right person. I made a mistake and picked someone that I thought that would rp it out and play the "victim". Now I have found my "victim" and things are going good its a cause and effect thing.
Duo Maxwell
Auran Goodman
Damian Goodman
Daniel Goodman
Karn
Aye Spyu
Heia The Deamon
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

Suggestion.

You might talk with one of the rpers about it in OCC a little first. It is possible to set things up and still enjoy them. I and many others don't mind a general plot line info. You don't need to give away all of it just a small. "Hey I have this evil rp I want to do are you in? Ok good well here is what I want to start out with...."

That stops a lot of bad feelings as well as those folks who do NOT want to be involved as will not look like griefing.

Many times folks have asked me for rps and I have no problems helping them out.
The world is a strange place.
viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

Wing--Zero wrote:
viobane wrote:I *am* asking those RPing it out. Namely you and anyone else involved. My prior question still stands unanswered, IMHO.
b/c murdering a bunch of people yea is just psychotic but, murdering someone with a evil plot behind it is differnt. This is why people say theres no rp in blackstone is b/c everytime someone start to make a good rp everyone trys to sit there and go on about how bad it is blah blah blah. It makes for good rp b/c it affects a bunch of people if you pick the right person. I made a mistake and picked someone that I thought that would rp it out and play the "victim". Now I have found my "victim" and things are going good its a cause and effect thing.
And that is your opinion of good RP, which is your right, but I agree with Jazelle as far as setting it up and being sure about it first. MY opinion of "good" evil RP is one where murder is not done directly but maybe is set up in a way that makes others seem guilty for what occurs. But that is more of a LE sort of approach (which I prefer).

I just think CE suggests that someone does not follow societal boundaries and rules, and is self serving in action and deed. That does NOT mean murder is acceptable for those sorts of people, and when it is, then for me that is psychotic. And doing *those* sorts of things are easy to become griefing incidents, which is where it gets muddy. Setup becomes VERY necessary at that point, again IMHO.
Wing--Zero
Duke
Duke

Post by Wing--Zero »

Well that is your opinon and you are free to say it. I do agree that LE way is a better way to go but, I do not agree that a murdering someone automatically makes you psycho to me theres a differnce in a planed out murder than just a sudden kill everyone massicure type thing. All this really is though is differnce of opinon and I respect your opinon and thank you for it. This is just the way I perfer to do things.
Duo Maxwell
Auran Goodman
Damian Goodman
Daniel Goodman
Karn
Aye Spyu
Heia The Deamon
winteraven
Count
Count

Post by winteraven »

Okay RP or not, griefing or not, PKing or not... I agree with wdpepsiman.

However, QN, I am sorry that your daughter experienced that, no it's not always fun when it happens, but perhaps then remain in appropriate zones. Alternatively, sell your wares at Marvale, they supply the same amount cap there.

The Black Rose area is a NON -DM supervised area. It is a play at your own risk place and has been posted many times. I will suggest however that the DM Team add a special Sticky about the Black Rose in the rules section of the forum right next to the griefing/PK and PP rules. This way it will be clearly stated that what happens there is not supervised nor will it fall under any jurisdiction.

That being said, let's all go back to enjoying our games.

Happy Gaming :D
~ I kill things and drink potions~
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

IMHO

All player kills MUST HAVE the consent of the player. I don’t care if it is in RP or OOC. This server supposes to be a place of fun. Being killed for what ever reason is not fun unless one agrees to it. I also believe if one does not get the consent of kills, after a few number of times of not asking first, that person (who is doing the killing) should be banned (at least for a while until the matter(s) cooled down). I see no difference between pick pocketing or player kills—either one can steal at least of the following things – items, gold, XP, time and fun. Therefore, pp and player kills should be under the same simple rule … ASK FIRST!!!!!

Please keep this in mind
Jazelle wrote:
That stops a lot of bad feelings as well as those folks who do NOT want to be involved as will not look like griefing.
IMHO, People who does not follow this simple wise rule are dumb and should be temp banned. I am getting tried of the mess of people who does not follow the said rule and wish they are gone until they will ask first. If some asked me first, I have no problem, of playing the victim, if they do not ask first, they go else where.

I wish I can be friends with everyone even with Duo, but people who kills or pp with out asking first, I want no part of them.
~=% Run from your nightmares, chase after your dreams, but in the end ... they both come to you in sleep %=~
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

From what I understand the Blackrose area is a exception that is no rules anything goes area. Personally I dont' go there. But from what the DMs and Driller has said pretty much anything goes there as long as it is not illegal or harassment.
The world is a strange place.