CLOAKS .... ARRRGH !

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

T'banyin
Duke
Duke

Post by T'banyin »

[quote="driller"]ἩÏ
~~I am the cat who walks by himself~~
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

Glancing through all this... I figure that I'll put my contribution to reaching a 4th page in the thread.

If you put clothes on, you have more clothes on you.

If you put a cloak on, you have a cloak on you.

Take a cloak off, and no more cloak.

It's pretty basic stuff, and it seems that everyone isn't considering the possibilty of actually not wearing some of their super awesome equipment.

My only knit pick/desire is that the crafting scripts be redone to include modifying and customizing the appearance of the 'Potato Sacks'. Rawr. Please?

Don't like your tater sack? Take it off...

I do the same thing with my pants. Audience optional.
ZOMFGOMBIES!
T'banyin
Duke
Duke

Post by T'banyin »

If a crafting script is added for the cloaks, then you "will" be able to remove the visual from the cloak just like before. Plain and simple.

the 2da has a null cloak set in it, thats all thats nessasary ;)
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

Ok these are some scattered thoughts on the matter and a few other things:

-----
Part of the issue is their looks that can't be crafted even though there are several versions of cloaks. It would take the server admin to remake each cloak in each style to allow people to pick the style of cloak they want.

The NWN cloaks override the cep 2d picks and so make the addition of around 40 cloak looks in CEP 2.0 useless.

Games like BSK are high magic worlds with a lot of PVP so loosing the cloak slot is not a good option to show off your wings and tail.

Looking at both types of cloaks as a costumer of 26 years the CEP ones have problems around the shoulders the NWN ones don't flow right from the mid point to the hem. They also don't work with many outfits allowing parts to show through but when one sits they take up a great deal of room. Over all I think some parts of both cloaks could of been done better to give a more real look.

I would suggest once CEP 2.0 comes out with the fixes that Bioware wants we all look at them and see what comes of it. It would also be nice if someone makes a crafting wand for the NWN cloaks that will allow a person to change the style of the cloak to fit their char better or to null the cloak.

Personally I would love to see the helms allow one's face to show and be crowns or cornets but I understand there are maping issues with that. Oddly in other games there is no problem having a char wear a crown or cornet and that graphics are about from the same time frame as those of NWN.

I am for letting everyone make a choice in what they want to wear and allow both to be offered.

One does have to note that years ago when the issue about cloaks was brought up on Bioware they told everyone that there never would be visiable cloaks added to the game. Then at the time a person makes cloaks that were later added to CEP when it was created. Since that time CEP has taken up what Bioware said they would not do. Now towards the end of their support for NWN1 they are suddenly adding things like cloaks and horses.

How odd.
The world is a strange place.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

If I get time this weekend, I will implement crafting for the cloaks. I think there is a null model. That means you will be able to make the cloak invisible.

-driller
Zacarias
Duke
Duke
Location: Chesapeake, VA - West of Virginia Beach and South of Norfolk Naval Base.

Post by Zacarias »

driller wrote:If I get time this weekend, I will implement crafting for the cloaks. I think there is a null model. That means you will be able to make the cloak invisible.

-driller
Hopefully that will solve everything. I really like the cloaks and would hate to see them go again.
We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
We ran to the sound of the thunder.
We danced among the lightning bolts,
and tore the world asunder.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I went ahead and put it in. They way I had to do it was sort of clunky.
If your cloak is dyed, it will be reset to the default potato sack brown.
But, you can re-dye it. Let me know how it goes.

-driller
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

Thank you, Boss!

I'll play with it bio lab today! >_> e coli for everyone...
ZOMFGOMBIES!
T'banyin
Duke
Duke

Post by T'banyin »

Ahh so your the one thats been in the spinach.
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

G'yar... I recently read an article on that. Alas... I'm no sailor.

Ugug gug gug gug gug!
ZOMFGOMBIES!