NWN2 is Great! And sux at same time

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Lady Tray'o Curs-ed Song
Baron
Baron

Post by Lady Tray'o Curs-ed Song »

Wing I have the same issue with spell casting. I hope this is something that is dealt with in time. Casting Call Lightning last night was a pain.

Here's a tip for you guys though that you probably already know. When you're making your decisions that effect the influence on your party members... Always side with your most powerful ally. Honestly it will pay off big time for you.

And yes I'm down to play with you guys through a multiplayer/singleplayer campaign. I have another char I want to try. We can pick a night out the week every week and play for a couple hours. Should be fun.
Lady Tray'o Curs-ed Song: First Knight of Blood

Rami_Ahmed
Baron
Baron

Post by Rami_Ahmed »

I noticed about the spellcasting, that haste dosn't add another spell 'attack', like it did in nwn1. I guess it must be DnD 3.5, but I'm not familiar with the DnD rulesets. Spellcasting is not slower than in NWN1, I think, maybe a little. But this haste thingy is kinda irritating. They don't even buff faster, when hasted.

I think that, the reason you guys think spellcasting is slower, is because of the new action que, where you can see the 'timer' count down... if yaknowwhatimsayin'. :mrgreen:

As always, I could be terribly mistaken, though... :oops:
Official Linkin Park fan!
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

Just like attacking, you've got to wait approximately 6 seconds before taking an action (6 seconds = 1 round for those not familiar with the bookrules). Casting a spell takes a single round to cast... so there is your time gap. The counter is pretty inflexible. It just means that you can run, stop, cast, and run as much anymore.

I like the more 'down to rulebook' feel of the game. It makes it easy for people unfamiliar with the rulebooks to do well, and it brings the book worms a little smile knowing all the trivial math and number crunching behind all the timers and actions.

Just be glad that there's really no spell that requires a full in-game minute of casting! That's 10 rounds of staying still and not moving. Knowing most of you, that's out of the question. :P ... like gnats on a sugar high.
ZOMFGOMBIES!
Caesius
Duke
Duke

Post by Caesius »

Well at least the Quicken Spell feat is that much more useful as a result.
The only constant is change.
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

Bingo.
ZOMFGOMBIES!
HelloBSK
Count
Count

Post by HelloBSK »

MY GOSH!!!! I wish I had a computer that was not FRIED so I could play with you guys. I WANT NWN2 too!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Anyway, look for me in 2007, I am going to be a NWN2 junky!!!
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

Just remember to bathe for the sequel!
ZOMFGOMBIES!