Forge Stones

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

FOXY LADY790
Count
Count

Post by FOXY LADY790 »

hmmm errrr all i can say is make a half orc and ya will find lots of forge stones *grins to herself.*...my half orc has found lots of forge stones and still is finding them :D
I may be small but im fast cunning and very very devious
viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

Hmmm... I have a half-orc I started about a week ago. Made it up to lvl 12, but have found no forge stones. I have found more loot, it seeems, but only about three socket stones and nothing on the forgestone front. So it doesn't seem to be a half-orc thing.

Then again, I did subclass as an Alu, so maybe that is it? I can't imagine skewed treasure tables based on race unless driller wants to encourage specific races to balance the server?
T'banyin
Duke
Duke

Post by T'banyin »

Some times, I think that randomly, some characters just have better luck.

I have ran a few that had extremely great luck, right along side a friend, we'd take turns opening loot bags, mine woudl be forgies, and 500 to 1k+ gold in the Ants, and my friend would open a bag with 30 to 90 gold, and things like a single bullet, a single bolt etc etc.
On those same two characters, this is consistant too :P
We got to the point of having my character open every bag first, before anyone took loot.
~~I am the cat who walks by himself~~
Azure
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Azure »

HolyWann wrote:And unfortunately, people who knows the effects tend not to tell to others...
Not true... i know what all of them do and i will part my knowledge to anyone that asks, providing i get a little RP out of it too *smirks*
Lukas_Mandingo
Duke
Duke

Post by Lukas_Mandingo »

im pretty lucky i have 19 forgies which is pretty good cause i can do whatever i want with them! i think finding forgies is pure luck and it is just a coincedence if you find more with a certain class. and i know nearly all effects of the forge stones... 8)
Della_Clan
Knight
Knight

And speaking of forge stones ...

Post by Della_Clan »

Yes, some colors tend to drop more frequently than othes .. and some never seem to drop.

That said, I have a 40th well seasoned character and I have spent some quality time in the underdark. I have yet to find a red, scarlet, violet, or amber. :( I have even been with a party of other 40's to visit the chickens hoping for something .. and not one stone dropped. Best we found there was a Yellow socket gem. :?:

Has anyone found one of the rare stones recently (in 2007)? And if so, where were you adventuring?

If anyone has one of those 4 forge stones to sell, I'll pay well for them :-)

Della Clan
(Katrina, Tatrina, Fiery, etc)
Fenrip
Duke
Duke

Post by Fenrip »

I've been on most days for the last 6 months or so.

The only red I have ever owned was purchased at the auction the other day. That is the good part. The bad part is that I had to have it forged into a shield right away to replace the one I lost which had a red in it. (Don't ask)

As for violets, scarlets and ambers ... they are the stuff of the Tooth Fairy, Easter Bunny, muffler bearings and calibrators for left-handed screw drivers. It is all a conspiracy to watch us run around looking for something that does not exist. Oh how they laugh at us as they watch us scour BSK for these things day after day after day.

Fenrip

PS See you in Nethriss and the Underdark where I'll be looking almost daily for ambers, violets and scarlets.
My memory used to be better. Also, my memory used to be better.
ValentianNizzle
Duke
Duke

Post by ValentianNizzle »

Fenrip wrote:I've been on most days for the last 6 months or so.

The only red I have ever owned was purchased at the auction the other day. That is the good part. The bad part is that I had to have it forged into a shield right away to replace the one I lost which had a red in it. (Don't ask)

As for violets, scarlets and ambers ... they are the stuff of the Tooth Fairy, Easter Bunny, muffler bearings and calibrators for left-handed screw drivers. It is all a conspiracy to watch us run around looking for something that does not exist. Oh how they laugh at us as they watch us scour BSK for these things day after day after day.

Fenrip

PS See you in Nethriss and the Underdark where I'll be looking almost daily for ambers, violets and scarlets.
Oh they aren't that hard to come by... I have several of all of those. It's just about money, rare items and such.

Plus - you seem to make a lot of these mistakes, resulting in you losing something you need! :P Perhaps a cut down on those mistakes would benefit you greatly? If you need any help - my door is open. :)
Fenrip
Duke
Duke

Post by Fenrip »

I appreciate the offer but twice is not really "a lot". Very costly, but not a lot considering the number of transactions made.

I'll not repeat the carelessness of the armor :oops: and the shield ... a bug ate it. :evil:
My memory used to be better. Also, my memory used to be better.
Lukas_Mandingo
Duke
Duke

Post by Lukas_Mandingo »

i traded a blue forgie and a yellow for a scarlet...a very good trade if you ask me.
winteraven
Count
Count

Post by winteraven »

Money and rare items and lots of forges are good and all but what good if it just sits there unused in a bag? :shock: They're there to be used I believe and therefore I do. Sometimes you get lucky and sometimes you dont. Right time, right place. Just keep plugging at it guys and gals and sooner or later it will pay off all that hard work and hunting you did. See me in game and maybe I'll tag along and let you borrow my lucky rabbits foot :)

Happy Gaming :D
~ I kill things and drink potions~
shaggy1971
Baron
Baron
Location: Loooking behind himself making sure Foxy isnt there

Post by shaggy1971 »

Lucky rabbits foot gah...you just shout at them by sayin gimme forgies or else and they seem to drop them lol....
I see rivers of blood and....

Hmmmm perhaps a spleen
winteraven
Count
Count

Post by winteraven »

:twisted: Hey Shaggy, you can't deny it gets results :lol:
~ I kill things and drink potions~
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

Post by Pretty Fly White Guy »

Those darned dwarves, they sure love that amber stuff.
viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

It's because on occasion those ambers have little mosquitoes in them and other little insect prizes! Mmmmmm!