I'm sooo tired of running around looking for quests...

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
Ming
Baron
Baron

Re: I'm sooo tired of running around looking for quests...

Post by Ming »

Snorts DC is variable also, the highest I have seen is 44, but some rounds its only a 13. On the low dc rounds the damage is almost nothing.
nicmercy
Commoner
Commoner

Post by nicmercy »

Ming wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:22 pm Snorts DC is variable also, the highest I have seen is 44, but some rounds its only a 13. On the low dc rounds the damage is almost nothing.
That's interesting. Thanks for the info all. I'll grab some scrolls and give snort another go!

EDIT: Just to note I saw no variability in Snort's DC's. He has two things... an aura that's dc 13 which rolls constantly if you're in his aura, and a pulse attack he's zapping me with for crazy dmg with dc 42... which also ignores spellmantles... I managed to beat him by switching to a ranged weapon and just kiting him around... that pulse is just too devastating for me. DC:42 hitting me for 111 damage. I just couldn't ever let him near me or else it was respawn city. I have to wonder how melee characters are supposed to survive that at those levels when he uses that pulse attack frequently if you're near him. With that said, yay new areas to explore!
Ming
Baron
Baron

Post by Ming »

nicmercy wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:31 pm
Ming wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:22 pm Snorts DC is variable also, the highest I have seen is 44, but some rounds its only a 13. On the low dc rounds the damage is almost nothing.
That's interesting. Thanks for the info all. I'll grab some scrolls and give snort another go!

EDIT: Just to note I saw no variability in Snort's DC's. He has two things... an aura that's dc 13 which rolls constantly if you're in his aura, and a pulse attack he's zapping me with for crazy dmg with dc 42... which also ignores spellmantles... I managed to beat him by switching to a ranged weapon and just kiting him around... that pulse is just too devastating for me. DC:42 hitting me for 111 damage. I just couldn't ever let him near me or else it was respawn city. I have to wonder how melee characters are supposed to survive that at those levels when he uses that pulse attack frequently if you're near him. With that said, yay new areas to explore!
Ah, he wasn't too hard overall, other then a bit of kiting to heal up, so I thought they were both from his aura. My mistake.
nicmercy
Commoner
Commoner

Post by nicmercy »

Ming wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:52 pm
nicmercy wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:31 pm

Ah, he wasn't too hard overall, other then a bit of kiting to heal up, so I thought they were both from his aura. My mistake.
No worries! Once I took a closer look at the combat log and saw it was a pulse attack (which are pbaoe) I knew staying out of melee with him would probably do it.
Jake_Master
Count
Count

Post by Jake_Master »

You can always party up or hire a 3rd party to help you defeat him, if the 2nd option is all you can find seek out Andrick Korningstone (myself), or Halaster Blackcloak of the Los Illuminados Alianza. We are a trade guild heavily involved in exchanging goods and services. This type of thing would certainly fall into that category
Captain Andrick Korningstone, Arms Master Los Illuminados Alianza

Troy Korningstone
Andrin StoneBender, Master Crafter
Kurt Addams