BSK1 - Can't Log On

Report any bugs you find here.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: BSK1 - Can't Log On

Post by driller »

Here is the issue. This is well known, so I am not giving out an exploit. When the master server is down and a server doesn't have the authentication settings checked, you can log in as anyone if you know their Gamespy login, you don't need a password. That was what I was talking about.

-driller

Capt Cliff wrote:
driller wrote:It is pretty easy to test. Log in with a friend's account with a made up password and let me know if you still get in.
If the ini file check is working, then you will not be able to log in as your friend because the stored CD keys won't match.

If you can log in, then it means anyone could log in as you are anyone else. That's bad.

-driller
Capt Cliff wrote:I am able to log onto Amia, but they may not require the ini check for logon on.

Not sure what you mean ... "with a fiend's account and a made up password" ... that from the get go?
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

My Ensign Pulver account is locked out from the BSK server when I use it from my #1 PC, I assume you get one try on the BSK server. This was due to my experiment from that machine using a bogus password. I assume CD key + account + password is the problem. You might need to clear the server or will it reset a reset? My other PC with my Ensign Pulver account does attempt to log on, and it does not error out for password CD key match, but I still can't log on. It just sits there saying Attempting to find server. I have tried Avalon's direct connect and cancel and retry but no joy.
DM_Avalon
Count
Count
Location: Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by DM_Avalon »

Not sure what to suggest on the 'not being able to log in using Avalon's method'. I know it's worked for Arial, pipo and myself. Maybe we're just the lucky ones. All I can suggest is keep trying. I'll help Driller test stuff later if he needs me. Hopefully Gamespy will be sorted soon so we can all get back to enjoying BSK.
I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge; I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there.
Kalinda
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Kalinda »

Been having the same thing happen to me yesterday and today. Seems I can find the server, but stop at the "attempting to log on" part.

I see people on, so I will try the "cancel and retry" method a few times and see if that works.
Will report on the success/failure of that in a few moments.

Update: After a few dozen tries I still fail at that screen. I will try again later this evening and see if things have changed any.

Here's hoping!
~Vata
Last edited by Kalinda on Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DM_Avalon
Count
Count
Location: Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by DM_Avalon »

Have been 4 players in game this evening ... so it is possible .. just be patient and keep trying
I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge; I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there.
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

Still no joy for logging on ... with other servers I log right on. Perhaps I'll wait until the Bioware master server comes back on. Endlessly trying to logon again and again is an unacceptable work around.
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

Again no joy at logon attempts. But I have learned my EA/Bioware e-mail address is screwed up. The e-mail address I used to get my orginal Bioware logon is now in limbo. The EA/Bioware site will not not take my old username + password for logon. When I asks for a my password for my e-mail address it tells me that account doesn't exist. If I try to create a new account using that e-mail it tells me it already exists in the system. Catch-22!! I even used my other e-mail and created a new account. I can logon to the Bioware forum but when I try to contact EA for anything: logon, account info or to contact them it the EA site won't take my new Bioware username and password. What the ... man is EA/Bioware hosed.

I can still logon on to other servers, except BSK.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

The servers that you can log in to, try logging into them with a made up password, not the one you usually use and tell me if it works.

-driller
Capt Cliff wrote:Again no joy at logon attempts. But I have learned my EA/Bioware e-mail address is screwed up. The e-mail address I used to get my orginal Bioware logon is now in limbo. The EA/Bioware site will not not take my old username + password for logon. When I asks for a my password for my e-mail address it tells me that account doesn't exist. If I try to create a new account using that e-mail it tells me it already exists in the system. Catch-22!! I even used my other e-mail and created a new account. I can logon to the Bioware forum but when I try to contact EA for anything: logon, account info or to contact them it the EA site won't take my new Bioware username and password. What the ... man is EA/Bioware hosed.

Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

driller wrote:The servers that you can log in to, try logging into them with a made up password, not the one you usually use and tell me if it works.

-driller
Capt Cliff wrote:Again no joy at logon attempts. But I have learned my EA/Bioware e-mail address is screwed up. The e-mail address I used to get my orginal Bioware logon is now in limbo. The EA/Bioware site will not not take my old username + password for logon. When I asks for a my password for my e-mail address it tells me that account doesn't exist. If I try to create a new account using that e-mail it tells me it already exists in the system. Catch-22!! I even used my other e-mail and created a new account. I can logon to the Bioware forum but when I try to contact EA for anything: logon, account info or to contact them it the EA site won't take my new Bioware username and password. What the ... man is EA/Bioware hosed.

Again I am not sure what you mean. I have an Ensign Pulver account. So at the NWN Multi-player selection button use Ensign Pulver then use any made up password. Yes?

Ok, I did what you suggested ... login with Ensign Pulver with a bogus password. I was able to log onto those servers. Bad news I fear. But when I re-logged with the proper password BSK error-ed out saying there was a problem with CD key and password
Last edited by Capt Cliff on Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Yes, then go log in to one of the servers you say you can get into and tell me what happens.

-driller

Capt Cliff wrote:
driller wrote:The servers that you can log in to, try logging into them with a made up password, not the one you usually use and tell me if it works.

-driller

Again I am not sure what you mean. I have an Ensign Pulver account. So at the NWN Multi-player selection button use Ensign Pulver then use any made up password. Yes?
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

driller wrote:Yes, then go log in to one of the servers you say you can get into and tell me what happens.

-driller
Yes I was able to access my PC's on those servers with my Ensign Pulver Account and with a bogus password. Errrr ... this is not good.

BTW, I left the logon attempt run for 30 min and again no joy.

Oh, now I can't attempt a logon with my Ensign Pulver account, it error's out with the unable to verify password message. Even if I shut the program down I still can't attempt a logon. My Capt Cliff account try's but does not succeed.

I checked my nwnplayer.ini file and the user name and password look ok. Is there something else your server is looking for? BTW I don't see the Ensign Pulver account/username in the INI file. Is it written over on each logon?
Sapphire
Count
Count

Post by Sapphire »

Okay now I do have a problem logging in, and to be honest ... I do not see wha has changed from logging in earlier this evening. Where-upon I had little trouble that others had been experiencing.

Now on loging I get a message about password can't be verified ??? And the server has chose not to accept invalid password's ???

I have changed nothing this end, and am a loss for reasoning why I could log in earlier and not now.

Sapphire
Sapphire
Count
Count

Post by Sapphire »

Totally bizaar !!! I managed to log in a bit later with no sign of this password message. Seems to me a random selection on some users. Nothing changed was still trying to login on the same username etc... Think Bioware must have really got scewed.

Sapphire
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I am working on a fix.

-driller
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke