Community of Free Folk

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Gahani
Knight
Knight

Community of Free Folk

Post by Gahani »

Since Chifawn can no longer access the forums, I am posting this information in her stead. Chifawn did not delete her own account as she has been accused of. We have recieved no feedback on what exactly did happen but there was a database error message displayed before the forums came back up.

It is pretty clear that this is a hostile takeover that has been well planned. It is necessary because the player base at Legends of Talanith simply isn't there. I have monitored their server all day Saturday and there has never been more than two or three on. There is no question of ownership or history or any sort of roleplay any more. This has gotten very much OOC and it is getting quite nasty. It is simply a question of squeezing out players who have been fairly active in game at BSK in favor of parachuting others in who have found their own server to be somewhat lacking. I would urge you to support Fawn in any way you can, both IC and OOC.

We have worked on the ground in game for some time to bring about some working RP group at BSK. The actions of those who want to undercut our efforts at this time are dishonorable. They have included hijacking both of Chifawn's threads and spamming them with information that could easily be reduced to a single link. The name contest is still on and we would appreciate spreading the word. Needless to say, any support you can offer would be much appreciated. We stand together or fall together and we will not go quietly. Thank you.

Gahani
Playing Eric Skallagrimson

This post was found on the LofT forums.
Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:45 am Post subject: Welcome to the forums for BSK Starkson
Welcome to the forums for the BSK branch of Starkson.

I will be posting BSK realm specific matters here and reposting universal information also for easy of reference.

As Starkson is returning to the core ideals of unity and support, we will once again renew the concept of a multi-realm guild/nation.

I will wait for Drillers ruling on BSK before I post further, however.

Pharo
Pharo_IK
Count
Count

Re: Community of Free Folk

Post by Pharo_IK »

Gahani wrote:Since Chifawn can no longer access the forums, I am posting this information in her stead. Chifawn did not delete her own account as she has been accused of. We have recieved no feedback on what exactly did happen but there was a database error message displayed before the forums came back up.

It is pretty clear that this is a hostile takeover that has been well planned. It is necessary because the player base at Legends of Talanith simply isn't there. I have monitored their server all day Saturday and there has never been more than two or three on. There is no question of ownership or history or any sort of roleplay any more. This has gotten very much OOC and it is getting quite nasty. It is simply a question of squeezing out players who have been fairly active in game at BSK in favor of parachuting others in who have found their own server to be somewhat lacking. I would urge you to support Fawn in any way you can, both IC and OOC.

We have worked on the ground in game for some time to bring about some working RP group at BSK. The actions of those who want to undercut our efforts at this time are dishonorable. They have included hijacking both of Chifawn's threads and spamming them with information that could easily be reduced to a single link. The name contest is still on and we would appreciate spreading the word. Needless to say, any support you can offer would be much appreciated. We stand together or fall together and we will not go quietly. Thank you.

Gahani

This post was found on the LofT forums.
Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:45 am Post subject: Welcome to the forums for BSK Starkson

I will be posting BSK realm specific matters here and reposting universal information also for easy of reference.

As Starkson is returning to the core ideals of unity and support, we will once again renew the concept of a multi-realm guild/nation.

Pharo
In the interest of not highjacking, I will refer my responce to this thread.

I will quote the above post and respond there momentarily.

Pharo
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Re: Community of Free Folk

Post by Jazelle »

Gahani wrote:This post was found on the LofT forums.

Pharo
Please note that was for BSK Starkson folk only and has nothing to do with LoT. Several older BSK Starkson members have approched Pharo and I in the past two weeks. It is their right to do so if they wish. Please stop refering to my server thank you. I repect Driller's home and it is rude to talk about another server on his. If you wish to talk about LoT please do so in pms. Thank you.
The world is a strange place.
DM Rendyll
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by DM Rendyll »

Okay. I think people are starting to take this a little too seriously. What I see here is the formation of a new guild. With this new guild coming from the Starkson and with the name change etc, this would in essence erase the Starkson. Instead, it was suggested that the new guild start from scratch, and those members of the Starkson that wish to see it continue and hope to revive it, generously offered to pay the fee for a new guild building. This way, the Starkson gets to keep its history intact and try to get the guild back to the way it was...and Chi'fawn still gets to lead her guild with a new guildhall, and doesn't have to worry about any previous reputation. All in all, to me, it sounds like it would work out quite well. However, I think any more personal issues between players should be voiced in PM's instead of being posted in the public forums. There is no need for the finger-pointing.

Seems to me that this is a good arrangement. Maybe the principle people should discuss this and see what can be agreed upon. It *is* only a game, remember. Let's keep it civil.

Thank you.
*Edited for grammar*
Play by the spirit of the rules, not by the letter of the law.
Gahani
Knight
Knight

Post by Gahani »

I am an old man...too old to pore over reams of RP history and figure out who did what to whom. This can be boiled down to something very simple. We are sitting on it and using it. Someone else wants it. There are only three options open:

1. We are left alone.
2. We are given a new home of similar proportions.
3. We are given the boot and the plug is pulled.

I have no control over which of these options is carried out. I prefer the first...I can live with the second. My feelings really don't matter much about the third option. I am growing tired of this. Given what has happened I think any direct negotiations would only lead to more unpleasantness. If a concrete offer is presented to us by a neutral party who can guarantee it will be carried out, we will discuss it seriously amongst ourselves. That is all I am in a position to do under the circumstances. PM me with details and I will relay it to everyone who needs to know of it.

Gahani
Chiffawn2
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Chiffawn2 »

Gahani speaks for me. (I have made a new acct since my other was deleted by ???, not me.)

Personally I would like to see driller bring back the old Starkson and give it to its heirs and rename Pemmy's island rebuild for the FreeFolk.

Fawn
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

Chiffawn2 wrote:Gahani speaks for me. (I have made a new acct since my other was deleted by ???, not me.)

Personally I would like to see driller bring back the old Starkson and give it to its heirs and rename Pemmy's island rebuild for the FreeFolk.

Fawn
Agreed fully.

We will work to the ends that both dreams happen.
Chiffawn2
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Chiffawn2 »

Since Pharo has agreed to pay for it, it is a peaceful resolution for all. And I suggest FreeFolk Isle (Pemmy's new version of Starkson renamed) be attached by a simple bridge perhaps from the Hamlet, so it won't cost anyone to go there.

Fawn
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

Chiffawn2 wrote: Since Pharo has agreed to pay for it, it is a peaceful resolution for all. And I suggest FreeFolk Isle (Pemmy's new version of Starkson renamed) be attached by a simple bridge perhaps from the Hamlet, so it won't cost anyone to go there.

Fawn
We're glad this could all work out.

Pharo and Ortelassa will pay for Starkson and the island.

We will give you 20 million gold toward the Freefolk guild. If Driller asks for more you will need to get it.
Tearloch
Knight
Knight

Post by Tearloch »

**smiles warmly and nods .. his head full of thoughts .. pondering if there is a way he could help the Free Folk build and strengthen .. slowly and thoughtfully scribing a parchment to send to Fawn and Eric .. **
"And how can man die better, than in facing fearful odds,
For the ashes of his father, and the temples of his Gods" .. Horatio at the Gate
winteraven
Count
Count

Post by winteraven »

Wow.

Just Wow. Let's get back to what the original intent of these threads were. Fawn and Company are making a new guild. Let's name it and support them in their endeavors. It's a game people. That being said, ownership or no, let's return to the basics. A new guild is forming, celebrate! Old guilds that have faded into obscurity -for whatever reason- have no bearing on the future of this new one. And vice versa.

That being said, sorry i've been out of touch a few days my daughter and I have both been ill :? I fully support this fresh new guild and welcome the potential opportunities to RP and play with them.

Good luck, whatever the future may bring :)

Happy Gaming :D
~ I kill things and drink potions~
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Two hostile guilds, one old, one new and with one indebted to the other.

Kazra smiles to himself and rubs his hands with glee...

-driller
Last edited by driller on Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
ValentianNizzle
Duke
Duke

Post by ValentianNizzle »

driller wrote:Two hostile guilds, one old, one new and the with one indebted to the other.

Driller smiles to himself and rubs his hands with glee...

-driller
:wink:
Gahani
Knight
Knight

Post by Gahani »

Verses found on a torn and bloody piece of parchament kept under Eric Skallagrimson's chainmail next to his heart.

It may be that the gulfs will wash us down:
It may be we shall touch the Happy Isles,
And see the great Achilles, whom we knew,
Tho' much is taken, much abides; and tho'
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Tennyson

Byrhtwold encouraged them, brandishing buckler,
Aged companion shaking ash spear
Stout were the words he spoke to his men:
'Heart must be braver, courage the bolder,
Mood the stouter as our strength grows less!
Here on the ground my good lord lies
Gory with wounds. Always will he regret
Who now from this battle thinks to turn back.
I am old in years; I will never yield,
But here at the last beside my lord,
the leader I love, I think to lie'

10th century
Battle of Maldon
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

Post by Pretty Fly White Guy »

Jazelle wrote:We will give you 20 million gold toward the Freefolk guild. If Driller asks for more you will need to ask PFWG really nicely
;)