Is anyone interested in a RP sporting industry?

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

KeelastheGladiator
Commoner
Commoner

Is anyone interested in a RP sporting industry?

Post by KeelastheGladiator »

What I mean is an RP industry based around gladiators. Not just PvP in the arena but RP CvC and CvM. In order for it to work there will have to be people involved as sponsors, owners, gladiators, and spectators. There will be responsibilities and rules for some of people. If there are enough people interested, then I will post everything I have, but here are some general things to give you an idea of what I am proposing.

Sponsors hold the events, they will be responsible for setting up the events (they may need to work with a DM at times if they want to have the gladiators fight monsters and not just each other). They will also collect the gold from the owners of the gladiators that enter the events (this is an entrance fee, kind of like the buy-in fees for poker events), and the gold from the spectators that will watch the events. They will pay out the gold to the owners of the winning gladiators also. They may even be the ones that handle the sanctioned betting on the events.

Owners of course own the gladiators. Since the gladiators are just property of the owners it will be up to the owners to equip the gladiators for training and the events. They should have different gladiators for the events (different levels and classes), that way they have a better chance to win gold from the events.

The gladiators will have a lot of rules that they will need to follow. The gladiators are there to entertain the crowds so they should have some RP flare (they are not there to be the best PvP builds on the server). The gladiators own nothing themselves, everything they have and get should be supplied by the owners. If they find forge stones and high magical equipment when they level, they should move those items to another character they have, the rest should go to the owner so they will have the funds to equip the gladiator. Certain classes and class combinations will not be allowed, and there are rules on leveling the gladiator. Here are some of the rules:

First all melee pale master builds are out, if someone wants to make a pale master for the caster gladiator class events then it is allowed. Also out are the bard and paladin classes. I can not see a paladin being owned by someone, and bards are not a strong enough class to be taught to gladiators.

Skill points must be used each level, the only exception is every even level you are allowed to hold over the number of skill points equal to the number of cross-class skills you are taking (every odd level you should not have any skill points left over).

By the time you reach 10th level, you should have at least 1 level in each class you are taking, by 20th, you should have 3 levels, and by 40th, 5 levels.

If you are planning on having “dragon bloodâ€
Maun
Knight
Knight

Post by Maun »

Good idea!
viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

Who would play to attend something like this?

BTW, I found this online and it seems like you would be well served to spend some time looking at what is already out there:

http://www.nggnet.com/classifieds/Wante ... eclubs.htm
KeelastheGladiator
Commoner
Commoner

Post by KeelastheGladiator »

viobane wrote:Who would play to attend something like this?

BTW, I found this online and it seems like you would be well served to spend some time looking at what is already out there:

http://www.nggnet.com/classifieds/Wante ... eclubs.htm
I think you missed what I was meaning or I just didn't say it correctly. I was just suggesting something for RP. On BSK there is an arena that is used for mainly PvP purposes. That is fine, but I thought it would be nice if there was something RP to go along with the arena. Of couse not everyone will be interested in this, and it could very well be that no one is. I did not suggest this for gaming purposes, just some added RP to have fun with.

As for who would watch it, I've noticed that there are always people who show up to watch the DM events held in the arena, so some might.
viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

Gotcha.
shaggy1971
Baron
Baron
Location: Loooking behind himself making sure Foxy isnt there

Post by shaggy1971 »

I actually think its a good idea ..instead of everyone beatin themselves senseless and pvpin others who enter that area..to have some sort of RP motivated thing going on and to use the arena for...KUDOS to you for the idea ...count me in :D
I see rivers of blood and....

Hmmmm perhaps a spleen
Lukas_Mandingo
Duke
Duke

Post by Lukas_Mandingo »

cool, that sounds like a good idea...
DM Rendyll
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by DM Rendyll »

I've heard some interest expressed in this. Perhaps it would be worth putting some thought into and sketch out exactly what you had in mind, then maybe sit with the others interested and see what you can come up with. I can see some great potential in this if done correctly.

PM me if you need assistance, or some names of people you could contact to discuss this further.
Play by the spirit of the rules, not by the letter of the law.
jackybaby
Count
Count

Post by jackybaby »

I am very much interested in this idea. Please post more on what you have in mind and get some rules and regs inked if possible for this.
The wise man speaks because he has something to say. The fool speaks because he has to say something.
Qui Chang
Baron
Baron

Post by Qui Chang »

<---- Is also very interested. I forgot how much fun it was to play a character where the numbers didn't matter so much. ; )
"When the student is ready.....the master appears" Old Zen Saying
ValentianNizzle
Duke
Duke

Post by ValentianNizzle »

Qui Chang wrote:<---- Is also very interested. I forgot how much fun it was to play a character where the numbers didn't matter so much. ; )
With that in mind, I think I'll bit on your opponent..