Shalnath

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Valnir
Count
Count

Post by Valnir »

i don't think that the pm is immune to the divine damage from the divine might and the magic damage from the divine power. So when the smiter hits it still hurts.

And my bladecaster is neutral, requirement of the sub race.
Valnir Raven

Difas
Duke
Duke

Post by Difas »

my top dmg will be like 30... with the suitable alignement, it would be around 500... its a huge diference :S
PURPLE!!!!

PLAYING:
Difas Cend: Gnome Bard, Purple Wonder

Zed: Mule :P

Zacho Cend: Druid of Lia, Slayer of Umgahs
GoVols
Count
Count

Post by GoVols »

Difas wrote:my top dmg will be like 30... with the suitable alignement, it would be around 500... its a huge diference :S
Have you already built this guy and tested the 500 per hit? The reason I ask is the most regular smite damage you'll hit for will be 363 (33 levels x 11 assuming you made it all the way to Great Smiting X. I have trouble finding the other 137 points of damage with a STR that is low. I'm not saying it's impossible, you'll you have to be very selective what gets put on your weapon. If you get into PvP, you'll see how much those resistances on BSK really do help. :(

As for the Divine Harper build, it was done by the same guy (cdaulepp) who made damage adept. I couldn't find it on the Epic Character Builders Forum of Biowares (http://nwn.bioware.com/guilds_registry/ ... 3&gid=8061) or this site (http://web1.vattnet.com/staffan/nwn1/bu ... /index.php).

I do have an Excel spreadsheet of it and I believe I could even send you the one I built in the Halls of Training. It's more for RP, but it is playable. It uses the Harper Scout as well even (Pal25/COT10/HS5).
I'd rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6.
Difas
Duke
Duke

Post by Difas »

weapon dmg :)

say 4d6 elemental (3 from sockets, 1 from forgie), +5 (Holly avenger), +1d8 (Holly avenger), +2d6 (massive crits) and other little modifiers...
PURPLE!!!!

PLAYING:

GoVols
Count
Count

Post by GoVols »

Difas wrote:weapon dmg :)

say 4d6 elemental (3 from sockets, 1 from forgie), +5 (Holly avenger), +1d8 (Holly avenger), +2d6 (massive crits) and other little modifiers...
Yeah, but all those added together won't get to 130's. I was just curious if you'd actually seen a 500 base damage hit or not. No biggy.
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

I have seen a pally smite for 900. I know I was the one that got smited. That was Vallus. Talk about over kill on that one. I think I only had 400 hp at the time. We all went back to look over the attack several times and it was around 900 damage.
The world is a strange place.
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

Post by Pretty Fly White Guy »

over 2000 is possible without any magical weapons.
Difas
Duke
Duke

Post by Difas »

GoVols wrote:
Difas wrote:weapon dmg :)

Yeah, but all those added together won't get to 130's. I was just curious if you'd actually seen a 500 base damage hit or not. No biggy.

not on BSK, but on my test module, yes...
PURPLE!!!!

PLAYING:

GoVols
Count
Count

Post by GoVols »

Jazelle wrote:I have seen a pally smite for 900. I know I was the one that got smited. That was Vallus. Talk about over kill on that one. I think I only had 400 hp at the time. We all went back to look over the attack several times and it was around 900 damage.
Did Val finally redo his old build. I know I put one together with a bastard sword for him or someone he knew. Him and Lom both went OOC once during an rp event when I smited some DM spawned beast for over 1000. It was hilarious, especially because Lom (Lomelador...sp?) didn't go OOC ever. He actually said "OMG" out loud. :)
GoVols
Count
Count

Post by GoVols »

Pretty Fly White Guy wrote:over 2000 is possible without any magical weapons.
Yeah, we discussed how it's possible on paper, but not hardly in the game. The "damage adept" build for 2100+ would never hit a critical. It's not worth all the negatives to try to get that high. It's much more reasonable to stick around 1000. It can actually be playable and you get to see those cool 4 digit numbers pop up 50% of the time. :)
Difas
Duke
Duke

Post by Difas »

my point, exactly :)
PURPLE!!!!

PLAYING:

Lukas_Mandingo
Duke
Duke

Post by Lukas_Mandingo »

id like to see anybody smite over 1k seeing as ive never seen it happen before. i wonder how much hp shally has?
Difas
Duke
Duke

Post by Difas »

less than 3k, i'm sure...
PURPLE!!!!

PLAYING:

GoVols
Count
Count

Post by GoVols »

Lukas_Mandingo wrote:id like to see anybody smite over 1k seeing as ive never seen it happen before. i wonder how much hp shally has?
Let me know some character names and I'll message you next time I'm on. I'll go splatter a waste giant for you. :)
Lukas_Mandingo
Duke
Duke

Post by Lukas_Mandingo »

lol, man it would be funny to see a giant explode because of a smite. hmmmm can you smite a zombie :?: