Questions and questions

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Valnir
Count
Count

Questions and questions

Post by Valnir »

Yeah, I been playing here for some time now. At least a few weeks i would say :P

And the the big question was what can i do with those forge stones. That one is getting a bit clear to me but i still have many more questions.

What kind of monster types are those ants and umgah's?
Are ants vermin?
Umgahs are a kind of stingers?
would that mean that they count towards the aberations or are they monsterious humanoids?
And those high cultists in marvale have a tail, does it mean that they are outsiders?

What are to your opinion good favored enemies for a ranger on Blackstone keep?

Undead, dragons, constructs, outsiders or anything that is immune to critical hits are a good choice. But most monsters around here have large damage resistance and it really doesn't matter which one you pick.
Well it does matter a bit because it would be a shame if you took for exsample magical monster and there are only a hand full of those on the entire server.
On a pvp server things are more simple, just pick all the player races. Most commen are humans/elves/half orcs. But those dwarves are the real challenge with their DR builds.

And another question concerning epic elf blades.

I heard that they can be upgraded/forged. Has anyone done this?
How much can be placed on it before it goes over the lvl 40 restriction?
PM me about this. Because it is not easy to get a new blade if things turn out wrong.
Or can a dm hand out a new blade?

So why can items be made over the lvl 40 restriction?
And why is the max regen +1? I mean you can get +20 ab on a weapon, why not +10 regen?

I bet i have more questions later, i'll just post them here :P
Valnir Raven

viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

You can't get answers on forge stones on the forum. You must ask in the game via RP or asking a forger.

There is another post on the forum about elf blades, just look for it. They can be forged.

Items can be forged over the 40th lvl because the forge is something that is designed to be a part of the fun. Just like with things in RL, you can explore and try it out, and you may make mistakes or you can find an expert to pay to do it for you. Players who have been on here for a LONG time typically know the right combinations to keep things within the 40lvl marker.
Valnir
Count
Count

Post by Valnir »

Yeah, any fool can find a blade.

Not everyone is cut out to get an epic blade. So i'm gathering some info about that before i do someting like crafting on it. And i asked before in game. Seems like there aren't that many BLADECASTERS around with an epic blade and the ones that are do not know about the crafting part.

If some fool starts crafting on it and fooks it up i'm out of a blade.
Not asking about what color or what kind of things get crafted on it.

So anyone who is not on during european times can pm me, anyone who is on during european times then contact Edgtho Perlman.
Valnir Raven

ValentianNizzle
Duke
Duke

Post by ValentianNizzle »

I can get you a Epic Elf Blade. +10 EB and 3 Unique Uses per day.

For a modest fee, of course.
eclipse08
Duke
Duke

Post by eclipse08 »

On the topic of forge stones: Many people say to find someone in character and ask them. I have found that most people who are found around the forge are very tight-lipped about the effects. It's like pulling teeth. So far I've found a bunch of effects and will tell anyone who PMs me about it. It's beyond frustrating to hear everyone talk the talk but not walk the walk. Sorry Driller, but the stones are hard enough to find now and to waste one on an item just to test the outcome seems retarded. If PMing the effects is also not allowed, someone better tell me now.
Difas
Duke
Duke

Post by Difas »

if you find Difas Cend online, Purple Wonder, or Zacho Cend, Magnificent Shifter, they'll most certainly tell you about forges ;)
PURPLE!!!!

PLAYING:
Difas Cend: Gnome Bard, Purple Wonder

Zed: Mule :P

Zacho Cend: Druid of Lia, Slayer of Umgahs
Valnir
Count
Count

Post by Valnir »

I'm not asking about forging normal weapons, i'm asking about forging on epic elf blades.

Anyone done this? and then these questions:

Yeah, I been playing here for some time now. At least a few weeks i would say Razz

And the the big question was what can i do with those forge stones. That one is getting a bit clear to me but i still have many more questions.

Are ants vermin?
would that mean that they count towards the aberations or are they monsterious humanoids?
And those high cultists in marvale have a tail, does it mean that they are outsiders?

Undead, dragons, constructs, outsiders or anything that is immune to critical hits are a good choice. But most monsters around here have large damage resistance and it really doesn't matter which one you pick.
Well it does matter a bit because it would be a shame if you took for exsample magical monster and there are only a hand full of those on the entire server.
On a pvp server things are more simple, just pick all the player races. Most commen are humans/elves/half orcs. But those dwarves are the real challenge with their DR builds.

And another question concerning epic elf blades.

I heard that they can be upgraded/forged. Has anyone done this?
How much can be placed on it before it goes over the lvl 40 restriction?
PM me about this. Because it is not easy to get a new blade if things turn out wrong.
Or can a dm hand out a new blade?

So why can items be made over the lvl 40 restriction?
And why is the max regen +1? I mean you can get +20 ab on a weapon, why not +10 regen?

I bet i have more questions later, i'll just post them here Razz
Valnir Raven

Kmoki
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Kmoki »

Valnir wrote:And why is the max regen +1? I mean you can get +20 ab on a weapon, why not +10 regen?
Because with a +1 regen per item, you can get up to +7 regen per round, I believe. With +10, that's an obviously insane amount of regen. Even the standard campaign max of +4 is 28 points of regen per round.
dm_demitri
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by dm_demitri »

Valnir... Perhaps you aren't understanding here... The bladecasters blade (regardless of which one it is) can be forged just like any other weapon. It is NOT special when it comes to the forge and how it can be used with the forge. (And yes, many have forged the elf blades... even the epic elf blades)

So think of it as a sword that is special in the way that you can wield it's special abilities, and you don't even have to pay for it. Also, A bladecaster's sword is an extention of them. If you craft it into an ornamental piece (lvl 41+) on accident, then drop it, sell it, whatever... You might find that a non-forged version may return to you later...

Best bet though is to LISTEN to what the others here have been telling you. You may think they don't understand what you are asking, but I can assure you, they know what you are asking and they are giving good advice.

As for the forge stone abilities and how they work, etc... That is for In Game info only... And there are many who will gladly share forge info with any who ask, though some may like you to ask in character. (And before you say anything about this paragraph Valnir - I know you aren't asking about what the forge stones do... I'm saying this for the benefit of all who read this post.)

Hope this helps! 8)
~Demitri
Valnir
Count
Count

Post by Valnir »

Ok enough with the forging on elf blade.

I still don't inderstand why +1 regen is max, i mean get a cleric and let him cast regeneration on you you can get more that way.

Monstrous Regeneration gives +3 per round.
Regenerate gives +6 per round.
And i think multiple Regenerate's stack on you. So the regen can be huge from cleric and druid spells.

+1 is nice but hardly worth the time for an epic crafter/forger wouldn't you say?
Valnir Raven

Fenrip
Duke
Duke

Post by Fenrip »

Depends on whether you have a cleric or druid handy or not. I usually do not buff and prefer to have multiple stacking regen items. A few regen items and a weapon with vampiric regen does a body good.

Also, your tone is perhaps skewed by the written word but you opened the door to elf blade forging and a few helpful souls walked through it.
My memory used to be better. Also, my memory used to be better.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Regen stacks, so every item you can wear can have it.
Lets count them:

Helmet + 1
Amulet + 1
Armor + 1
Rings + 2
Belt + 1
Boots + 1
Shield + 1
------------
Total = 8

-driller
Valnir wrote:Ok enough with the forging on elf blade.

I still don't inderstand why +1 regen is max, i mean get a cleric and let him cast regeneration on you you can get more that way.

Monstrous Regeneration gives +3 per round.
Regenerate gives +6 per round.
And i think multiple Regenerate's stack on you. So the regen can be huge from cleric and druid spells.

+1 is nice but hardly worth the time for an epic crafter/forger wouldn't you say?
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

driller wrote:Regen stacks, so every item you can wear can have it.
Lets count them:

Helmet + 1
Amulet + 1
Armor + 1
Rings + 2
Belt + 1
Boots + 1
Shield + 1
------------
Total = 8

-driller
Add in spells and you can get it far past +8.... not saying how far past but it can be done.
The world is a strange place.
Valnir
Count
Count

Post by Valnir »

Ok interesting, didn't think about forging all the gear.

So up with the next questions:

Are ants vermin?

wysiwyg?
Valnir Raven