BSK ping @...

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

BaskingDemon
Count
Count

BSK ping @...

Post by BaskingDemon »

1600+
eclipse08
Duke
Duke

Post by eclipse08 »

Yep. All the other servers on my favorites hover around 150 to 160. BSK fluctuates for no apparent reason between 140 and 1800...

And it follows no real pattern either. I'm in Hawaii, but yet other servers I go to are stable. Whassup?!
shaggy1971
Baron
Baron
Location: Loooking behind himself making sure Foxy isnt there

Post by shaggy1971 »

The reason for this is Driller is also running BSK2 and for some reason it does hog a little bit of the bandwidth......So to keep all happy he is doing his best to try and alter this problem the best he can
I see rivers of blood and....

Hmmmm perhaps a spleen
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I adjusted my QoS script a bit. We will see how it goes.

-driller
eclipse08
Duke
Duke

Post by eclipse08 »

Hold on a tick. He's running both games on the same machine? No wonder it's slow!
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Dual Core with each instance on a different CPU.

-driller
eclipse08 wrote:Hold on a tick. He's running both games on the same machine? No wonder it's slow!
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Suggestion

Post by k9mouse »

Suggestion:

Why do we have a clone of bsk on some other person computer? It will be the exactly the same module file, but on a different network/machine. This idea is very similar of download sites which have same file but different locations. (i.e. asian server, us server, east coast, etc) I know some bsk people who said they be glad to host bsk, why do we make them a clone? The only problem that I see that how do we sync the bic char files between the servers? Just an idea.

:lol:
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

If I remember right he also has the forums on the server too. Hence when the server goes down the game and websites does.
The world is a strange place.