Why is Marvale and the Druid Grove so Tough?

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

dark-777
Baron
Baron

Post by dark-777 »

ST_DM_Myle wrote:Yar!

Capt.,

Unlike many D&D based modules, BSK does not come with color by number leveling ladders. You can die, you will die, you should die... several times if you do not travel with friends and if you either do not know the server or can truly RP your character without preconceived knowledge.

Just like if your 1st level character fails to enter the barn in the Hamlet or turn left to the pasture... you run your level one character straight through the Hamlet onto Blackstone road, your character will most likely die. Especially if the spawn take a few moments and you travel a ways down the screen.

You should play your character as if death could visit him/her at any moment from around any bend.... or even just popping out of the thin air.

Adventurering is not a career that lends itself to long life. Every step on the road forward can be a misstep leading to death.

The main plot is clearly spoken about by many NPC's and hinted at on IG items. It is your task to reveal the clues and succeed or fail. The server is not obligated to provide special alerts when what might sound like typical chatter is important to keeping you alive or finding success in the central server plot.

This server has life, death, fighting, peace, magics, melee, good, bad, mysteries and puzzles and more. Some secrets are specific to individual races or classes, some challenges require melee endurance or Magical firepower.

Your character is just another adventurer. It is up to him/her to strive forward and either succeed or retire.

Not all characters are up to the challenge, I have many characters who never advanced past mid-levels for various reasons... generally they could not handle the dangers and retired with their lives.

How you proceed is up to you. This server is what you make of it.

Myle

lol @ that
Perforación de la luz con una oscuridad confortante
Difas
Duke
Duke

Post by Difas »

Pretty Fly White Guy wrote:level 15-20? Mindflayers/Trolls/Giants.

Any of those can get you that 100k within 2 days.
level 10 - 30 ants. did it 8 hours of gameplay

another thing... i'm really that good? i mean.. i seriously never encountered any problem in any area... except leveling from level 3 to 5, which i overcame... BSK is a good place to play, becaus its not hat hard, nor that easy... except, perhaps in late game, if you are not prepared...
PURPLE!!!!

PLAYING:
Difas Cend: Gnome Bard, Purple Wonder

Zed: Mule :P

Zacho Cend: Druid of Lia, Slayer of Umgahs
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

Good advice by all, well almost all, so thanks!

But one thing, some of the area's I was told to go (excepting Hades), I don't know how to get to. Troll caves and the wasteland are foreign to me. Now I was given a portal code by someone, but if not for that I would just wander about not knowing where to go, again Hades is not an option. Has driller considered a map room/building for the keep? With portal codes and the like. Sure would be nice. Might start a thread on this.
viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

BSK1 will probably have very few updates as BSK2 is the focus right now. The concept of a map room has been proposed before, but the main focus to BSK is exploration and no cheats unless you ask around in game (and may have to RP it out, which usually works just fine for getting various tidbits).

I have been working on maps, and have a number of them collected, but have not been working on them for a while now as other things have been more pressing in my RL.