The Story of Gilean.

Use this forum for In Character Interactions only.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

The Story of Gilean.

Post by Pretty Fly White Guy »

Day 1. The Central Wastes.

While passing through the waste today, as is usual when looking for lost travellers, there was a mage stood beside a caravan. I was invisible, so therefore he shouldn't have seen me. He must have had some advanced Arcana about him, for he saw through my (admittly) low level spell and advanced on me.

Whyfore did he advance, i asked him. Nothing.
What is his business, i asked. Nothing.

I continued to try and get a reply from the stranger, but there was none to be had. I tried for several minutes, as he walked towards me. Suddenly, i felt a thump on my back.

"All the hells," i muttered. I'd just walked into a waste giant's knee! He swatted down at whatever had hit him (being invisible, he didnt know it was me) and stuck me and almighty crack in the side, sending me sprawling. My magical shield fell, and i was in plain sight. The giant snatched me up and looked very hungrily at me. I tried to regain composute and cast a defensive spell, but none come to mind. There's simply nothing that i can cast.

My mind closes around the words to a spell, as the giant begins to squeeze the life from me, crunching with it's giant hands. I can't cast the spell, it's wrong, it's dirty.

But i'm dying, i reasoned. This may be the only way to survive. You must do what you have to do, the book says as such.

Admid the inner turmoil, i hear a shooting pain as a rib pops. That decides it. i cast the spells. I speak the words and move my hands, and i feel the filth become me, writhe around me, wrapping me in a coal-like layer of darkness.

The Giant stops squeezing. Now i squeeze HIM. My magic wraps him, engulfs him, drains his life from his bones. He drops me, and falls to his knees. i see the anguish in his eyes, he's begging for life. he wants to survive, he wants me to let him live.

I can't let that happen. we've come too far to let it drop now. I suck the life from him, feeling his life force enter me, writhe within me. I draw his last breath for him. It sickens me.

I wretch, and stagger, and i'm sick on the portal stones. a figure helps me up, aids me to stand. This figure seems almost ethereal, as though not whole.

"I am your conscience," Began the being, "You've never noticed me before, as to you, im invisible. But now, for your henious deeds, i have become apparant. Ironic, isn't it? Your conscience isn't clear anymore..."

As i fall into the darkness, all i hear is a hollow laughter.

// TBC...
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

Post by Pretty Fly White Guy »

Day 2. A Cave somewhere in the wastes.

Ug! Urgrabak!

What am i becoming? The life i have taken is consuming me, driving me insane. I can feel it inside me, i feel it trying to crush me. Why did i do it?

You did it to survive. You are a higher lifeform than those giants. In the contest of wills, you prevailed. such is life. There isn't anything more or less that could have been done.

That's not true! The use of Dark Magic is there for a reason. To corrupt souls such as yourself, to show what weaklings they are. There is only one excuse for that use of Dark Magic, and that is because you are a black mage.

I tried to help myself, but there was no spell that i knew that would have saved me. they went from my mind, i couldn't think of any. Is it evil that i defend myself by any means, or is it good that i saved myself, no matter the cost?

You did help yourself. for years, you have wandered the land, claiming neutrality, yet you help those in need, you heal the sick. Is that neutral? Perhaps now, you truly are neutral, and therefore are more complete than ever before.

Perhaps you're right. perhaps, whenever i take the life of a creature, i could simply save the life of another. That would keep my neutrality, right?

There is only one way to find out, my friend. go, kill to your heart's content. Just remember to keep saving lives as you take them.

// The White is the good side of his conscience. The yellow is the bad. Think of those two little angels that were always perched on Tom n Jerry's Shoulders. Remember those?

// The Red will be Gilean. I'll try to keep this format from now on.