To Ride Or Not To Ride (Horses)

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Horses..

Horses please..
56%
No Horses please..
44%

Total votes: 52

oPlayer
Knight
Knight

Post by oPlayer »

I'm innocent!!
-Juzaum (A.K.A. Felonious- Master Crafter)
"Having more fun than a human being should be allowed to have!"
ValentianNizzle
Duke
Duke

Post by ValentianNizzle »

T'banyin wrote:Horses are Evil, and I have Proof!
( From Black Adder, the Witch Smeller Episode )

Witchsmeller: (dramatically) My Lord, I call my first witness!

(The crowd cheers)

(Later, the witness is on the stand. He is Edmund's horse, Black Satin.)

Witchsmeller: Now, Satin, just relax. You're among friends. Good. Now, tell me, in your own words: Did you, Satin, on certain nights last Gareth's? tide, indulge -- albeit, I accept, in all innocence -- infrenzied, naked, and obscene Satanic orgies with your master, known to you as the Great Grumbleduke?

Edmund: What?

Witchsmeller: Silence, Grumbleduke! Satin, you're not replying. (to Harry) He's not replying, My Lord. Are we to assume this horse has something to hide?

Edmund: Either that or he can't talk.

Witchsmeller: A likely story. Black Satin, known in the Hierarchy of Evil as Black Satin the Loquacious, are you or are you not the servant of Satan?

(The crowd screams; Black Satin whinnies)

Prince Harry: I'm sorry, I didn't quite catch that. Was that a yea or a nay?

Witchsmeller: It was a neigh, My Lord, but I don't believe a word of it. I call for a recess. He may think he controls us, but we have ways of making him talk!
Ah, I was wondering when someone was going to mention Blackadder. Good one, ol' chap. I'll spot a brandy next time I catch you at the pub. Cheerio.
Shiek2005
Baron
Baron

Post by Shiek2005 »

God i swear i don't know what you guys find to horses, i think that if CEP 2.0 included cars you guys would want to see cars in the game too just because ](*,)
Rami_Ahmed
Baron
Baron

Post by Rami_Ahmed »

I'm all for horses. They're cool and could add some new experiences in the last days of NWN (And BSK-)1. I don't think it'd lag the server too much up, more than already anyway. And it should not be allowed to have horses inside the keep. That would fix some issues, about people around the trees etc.. :)
ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

Shiek2005 wrote:God i swear i don't know what you guys find to horses, i think that if CEP 2.0 included cars you guys would want to see cars in the game too just because ](*,)
I do not see the point in horses, but I do not see them as a problem either.

But cars?! I think those would be a great idea, provided Driller made a big area with a circle in it and we could put random numbers on our cars and race in continuous left turns.

Myle
Artist? Writer? Musician?
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
http://www.myspace.com/st_dm_myle
viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

Oh you just gotta know that after horses come chariots. After chariots come carriages. After carriages come wagons. After wagons come cars. After cars come zepplins. After zepplins come spaceships. After spaceships come nuclear weapons (0-20 critical x 10).

Of course, there's always the chance that horses will evolve into zebras and camels and then to chimps and loincloths and handmade spears and such! Oh joy!
chix0r
Baron
Baron

Post by chix0r »

Shiek2005 wrote:God i swear i don't know what you guys find to horses, i think that if CEP 2.0 included cars you guys would want to see cars in the game too just because ](*,)
Don't be so silly! For heaven's sake, I have no idea why you're all making such a big deal about this. Horses add a nice roleplaying aspect to the game, because they were part of medieval society, and as much as so many of you on this server would like to deny it, NWN is intended to be a medieval fantasy game. No, BSK doesn't need horses. But it wouldn't hurt to have them either. They also barely contribute to lag at all.

I just don't understand. I could swear the people on this server just need something to complain about. If it isn't CEP 2.0 taking too long to be released, it's the content of CEP 2.0 being ridiculous and unnecessary. If it's not being implemented, it's not being implemented, but why, for crying out loud, is everyone being so damn immature about it?

Viobane: Don't you think you're overreacting and exagerrating ever so slightly? Good God, it's just a freakin' horse! If you don't want it, then vote no, don't complain about how damn ridiculous it is.
"Whyyyy?! Whyyy my piggy, whyyy? I loveded you piggy, I loveded youuu!" -- Gir, Invader Zim

It breaks my heart everytime I hear it! xD
dark-777
Baron
Baron

Post by dark-777 »

lol.. you go Chix! :P
Perforación de la luz con una oscuridad confortante
viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

chix0r:

I was JOKING!

And I did vote no, btw, and do not consider myself to be complaining about the issue. As I stated in a prior post, driller had already said he was not going to add horses so this disagreement over to horse or not to horse is a slight bit pointless.
ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

Not just pointless, it is good and dull... But it is fun to see how far it will go.

Actually, forget horses, lets just jump to cars.
3 type of cars:
Pintos
Crown Vic's
Rolls Royce

And have a 4th just as a DM command:
~ DM_nascar
And for pitty sake, have it be faster than a hasted Monk

Myle
Artist? Writer? Musician?
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
http://www.myspace.com/st_dm_myle
dark-777
Baron
Baron

Post by dark-777 »

I didnt know there was anything faster than a hasted monk o.O
oPlayer
Knight
Knight

Post by oPlayer »

Hmm, I'm upgrading my Horse.

Not just pointless, it is good and dull... But it is fun to see how far it will go.

Actually, forget horses, lets just jump to cars.
3 type of cars:
Pintos
Crown Vic's
Rolls Royce

And have a 4th just as a DM command:
~ DM_nascar
And for pitty sake, have it be faster than a hasted Monk

Myle
-Juzaum (A.K.A. Felonious- Master Crafter)
"Having more fun than a human being should be allowed to have!"
Shiek2005
Baron
Baron

Post by Shiek2005 »

chix0r wrote:
Don't be so silly! For heaven's sake, I have no idea why you're all making such a big deal about this. Horses add a nice roleplaying aspect to the game, because they were part of medieval society, and as much as so many of you on this server would like to deny it, NWN is intended to be a medieval fantasy game. No, BSK doesn't need horses. But it wouldn't hurt to have them either. They also barely contribute to lag at all.
If they worked correctly they would, but unfortunately they don't...so why would i want to ride a horse if when im going uphill the animation will look like if the terrain was flat? no thanks man *Brings 10 mansion sized trash cans* Alright peeps, all who don't want horses lets start throwing them into this nice and big trash can where they'll be teleported to the plane of horse lovers :D
Slyd
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Slyd »

I said no. Why do we need horses to travel when we have portals already?
Yastie Taine - AC's my dump stat
dark-777
Baron
Baron

Post by dark-777 »

Hey! Nice upgrade! ooo I wants one too!