NWN2 Original Campaign

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

oPlayer
Knight
Knight

NWN2 Original Campaign

Post by oPlayer »

Driller do you plan on hosting a server for the Original NWN2 Campaign while we are all waiting on BSK2? Anyone know? I think it would be cool to go through this with other BSK players while we're waiting. If you're not i will host one, happily. Anyone else interested in going through the campaign?

Downloading the Toolset now, WoOt!
-Juzaum (A.K.A. Felonious- Master Crafter)
"Having more fun than a human being should be allowed to have!"
dark-777
Baron
Baron

Post by dark-777 »

Woo! I'll be there, that would defenatly be something I would be interested in doing. Sounds like a plan! And I also think that would be fun to have any BSK memebers join in, it would most defenatly give us all a jump on new stuffs it offers :wink:
Perforación de la luz con una oscuridad confortante
Rami_Ahmed
Baron
Baron

Post by Rami_Ahmed »

I'm gonna play the nwn2 campaign with some mates, but I can't really see why driller should host it for "everyone". Besides, I don't think the OC is made for multiplayer really - unless it's running on the "saved game" method. So it's a fixed party at same level running through etc... Just my opinion, anyway. :wink:
viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

I think everyone will be surprised about the MP aspect. Looks like fun, and a bit different than the original NWN. I'm actually happy that BSK is still around, and hope it will remain for some time. Especially since NWN2 only has a max level of 20 right now. I still have to try and get a character to lvl21+
Shiek2005
Baron
Baron

Post by Shiek2005 »

Well yesterday i opted to buy Battlefield 2142 instead of wait 2 more weeks to fetch NWN2, in the long run BF2142 is going to entertain me more for $50 than NWN2 would because after the OC bored me i'ld just ditch NWN2 and wait 4-6 months (or more) for a PW to make it's way online.
viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

There will be a few PW available at the start, although who knows what their quality will be. I'm sure they won't be BSK, but they might entertain. I'll play it for the experience so that when BSK2 comes out, I'll be ready. I got NWN when the Gold edition was out, so I always feel a bit behind others who played it from the get go.
Rami_Ahmed
Baron
Baron

Post by Rami_Ahmed »

Shiek2005 wrote:Well yesterday i opted to buy Battlefield 2142 instead of wait 2 more weeks to fetch NWN2, in the long run BF2142 is going to entertain me more for $50 than NWN2 would because after the OC bored me i'ld just ditch NWN2 and wait 4-6 months (or more) for a PW to make it's way online.
A lot of servers want to be online after 1-2 weeks (including the one I script for). The module's might be small, but at least people can start roleplaying and get to learn NWN2 while the module expands, under the hard work of the creators. :mrgreen:
Official Linkin Park fan!
Shiek2005
Baron
Baron

Post by Shiek2005 »

Rami_Ahmed wrote:A lot of servers want to be online after 1-2 weeks (including the one I script for).
LMAO! dude i couldn't help but laugh until my jaws dropped, i've used the NWN2 toolset and your lucky if you can get a town done in a week, im not saying that it'll be like this forever since everyone will get used to the new toolset, but right now thats how things are.
Rami_Ahmed
Baron
Baron

Post by Rami_Ahmed »

Shiek2005 wrote:
Rami_Ahmed wrote:A lot of servers want to be online after 1-2 weeks (including the one I script for).
LMAO! dude i couldn't help but laugh until my jaws dropped, i've used the NWN2 toolset and your lucky if you can get a town done in a week, im not saying that it'll be like this forever since everyone will get used to the new toolset, but right now thats how things are.
A week?... Depends on how much time you use for it, I guess. But I made a basic town today, in 2 hours. Unfortately it was deleted.. but still. A small module could easily be set up by 2-3 hardworking people, in 1-2 weeks. Besides, most scripts can be re-used from NWN1 modules.
Official Linkin Park fan!
Shiek2005
Baron
Baron

Post by Shiek2005 »

Someone wih experience if molding terrain can say that but not me, it'ld take me a few weeks to get something looking good playable, much less populated with NPCs and Shops :?