To Ride Or Not To Ride (Horses)

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Horses..

Horses please..
56%
No Horses please..
44%

Total votes: 52

BaskingDemon
Count
Count

Post by BaskingDemon »

I vote yes to horses, though i'd like to see what driller had to say about it. And no horses allowed in the keep, same as i'm totally against people wandering around with drawn weapons inside.

Main thing for me though is, they would have to be expensive.. like really expensive.. like i'm talking in the millions, probably 5m+. Well, couldn't have all the PEASANTS riding around on them could we, wouldn't be right.
The rules are.. THERE AIN'T NO RULES
Shiek2005
Baron
Baron

Post by Shiek2005 »

I agree, if we MUST have horses (which we certainly don't really need) make them expensive, it wouldn't really be a pretty sight to see 30 horse wandering all over the place -_-
Cybermagi
Count
Count

Post by Cybermagi »

No horses.. as mentioned above...really what's the point.
wings are bad enough! :P

ttfn
Cybermagi
"Cynicism is just an unpleasant way of telling the truth"
viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

This topic was diiscussed thoroughly in another thread (whcih I can't find right now). I believe driller said that horses would not be coming to BSK, so this thread is really not going anywhere.

Although, personally, I don't think there should be horses anyway. BSK was not designed with horses in mind, and adding them would not fit the current server. Man this is like deja vu because I think I posted the same thing on the other thread.
Doofy Britches
Duke
Duke

A horse of cours

Post by Doofy Britches »

More horses, please, with Barbarians in loin cloths and gold bags, and, and, and, and...

*faints*
A Master role player is one who is willing and able to bend their character concept to make the game more enjoyable for all involved. To assist the DM in making the game fun, and to not sow discord. - Gary Gygax
Kamileon
Knight
Knight

no horses

Post by Kamileon »

Much as I love em and have ridden them in servres, there is a lot of problems with crashes. I see no reason for them in bsk either. I love bsk, but horses don't belong there.

My gp worth. *grins*
oPlayer
Knight
Knight

Post by oPlayer »

My gawd.. Bunch of horse haters here.. *Rags, teasing*

There are no reports of any issues with the CEP2 Horses other than the speed. Previously horses were notorious for having problems. As with any new idea on its path to being practical. But im glad they stuck with it and worked it out well enough for the community to want it in the Community Expansion Pack.

I wouldn't call it a "fad. Unless you want to call the files we are downloading called CEP a fad. Cep2 has been implemented at BSK. Horses are now available as they were not before.

It wouldn't take long to make changes.. little time and little energy if it was a desired aspect of the game that you want to add now that its available. Hehe No, Driller wouldn't have to shut down to add them.

If you dont want them, dont think they belong or just hate horses i wont argue.

But if you do, i offer you my excitement and only mean to encourage.
-Juzaum (A.K.A. Felonious- Master Crafter)
"Having more fun than a human being should be allowed to have!"
shaggy1971
Baron
Baron
Location: Loooking behind himself making sure Foxy isnt there

Post by shaggy1971 »

Horses dont belong in BSK full stop its not designed for the use of them ..

Players moan already about the lag factor when its busy so before i get rants over this post just sit back and think when over the weekend and the server is full .. treasure drops everywhere and then all of a sudden we get 20+ players on horse back sheesh a nightmare in the lag department..

If they were introduced then we could see a lot of things disappearing rapidly to try and balance everything out so i cant see it being pheasable for them on BSK :?
I see rivers of blood and....

Hmmmm perhaps a spleen
FOXY LADY790
Count
Count

Post by FOXY LADY790 »

shaggy1971 wrote:Horses dont belong in BSK full stop its not designed for the use of them ..

I agree :S
I may be small but im fast cunning and very very devious
Caesius
Duke
Duke

Post by Caesius »

I say "neigh" to horses... erm, I mean "nay."
The only constant is change.
T'banyin
Duke
Duke

Post by T'banyin »

Horses are Evil, and I have Proof!
( From Black Adder, the Witch Smeller Episode )

Witchsmeller: (dramatically) My Lord, I call my first witness!

(The crowd cheers)

(Later, the witness is on the stand. He is Edmund's horse, Black Satin.)

Witchsmeller: Now, Satin, just relax. You're among friends. Good. Now, tell me, in your own words: Did you, Satin, on certain nights last Gareth's? tide, indulge -- albeit, I accept, in all innocence -- infrenzied, naked, and obscene Satanic orgies with your master, known to you as the Great Grumbleduke?

Edmund: What?

Witchsmeller: Silence, Grumbleduke! Satin, you're not replying. (to Harry) He's not replying, My Lord. Are we to assume this horse has something to hide?

Edmund: Either that or he can't talk.

Witchsmeller: A likely story. Black Satin, known in the Hierarchy of Evil as Black Satin the Loquacious, are you or are you not the servant of Satan?

(The crowd screams; Black Satin whinnies)

Prince Harry: I'm sorry, I didn't quite catch that. Was that a yea or a nay?

Witchsmeller: It was a neigh, My Lord, but I don't believe a word of it. I call for a recess. He may think he controls us, but we have ways of making him talk!
~~I am the cat who walks by himself~~
Zoe Girl
Commoner
Commoner

Oh...

Post by Zoe Girl »

Mounting is a good thing... I say lets do it!!
oPlayer
Knight
Knight

Re: Oh...

Post by oPlayer »

Zoe Girl wrote:Mounting is a good thing... I say lets do it!!

WoOt!
-Juzaum (A.K.A. Felonious- Master Crafter)
"Having more fun than a human being should be allowed to have!"
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

:roll:
oPlayer wrote:

WoOt!
_Murdock_
Count
Count

Post by _Murdock_ »

driller wrote::roll:
oPlayer wrote:

WoOt!
err.....a horse of course