Limiting party size

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Zacarias
Duke
Duke
Location: Chesapeake, VA - West of Virginia Beach and South of Norfolk Naval Base.

Post by Zacarias »

Please, there is hardly an "elite group" in BSK anymore. There used to be big one, and noticeable, but now there are only a few "elite" players in my mind.

As for the electrifyer, I think you need to know the nature of this item before you start attacking the "elite group". It can only be used by mages and characters with UMD skill, and its use is to recharge items that have, well, charges. It can be found in the Underdark Crossroads.

As for limiting party size, if it limits lag, go ahead, do it. I'd rather have that done than limiting the player count. Its hard enough getting on during a Saturday night as it is. If it encourages RPing (which, I really don't think it will, considering that many players will find their friends and create even more selective groups), than good.

And yes, who could ever forget the old days. *sighs* That's how I got addicted to BSK.
We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
We ran to the sound of the thunder.
We danced among the lightning bolts,
and tore the world asunder.
Azure
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Azure »

DM Rendyll wrote: The main reason all this junk is being left behind, besides very low lvl chars, is laziness, and it's hardly fair to those that travel in the same area to have to run around and pick up your garbage to get their own loot. Have some consideration for others, and deal with your own garbage, instead of expecting fellow players to serve as your janitor.

A little bit of courtesy goes a long way.
Too right !! A bit of courtesy does go a long way !!!

Shame you decided to highlight this on somebody that has been known to go clear up other peoples rubbish left around in Vogon's not more than 2 steps from a trash can that others have dumped.

Even when i have gone into Vogon's the times i see traps and that letter you get at character start littlering the floor. I always stop pick them up and put them in the trash can, and yet you make no acknowledgement of that.

Perhaps you should get to know the players a bit better before you spout off instead of coming across all high and mighty.

I find it deplorable that a DM should be labling someone else in this fashion find another scape-goat for your vindictive sniping to make a point.

If there was a better clean up script in place this side topic would never have occured.

Fine have a go about the electrifier, but have you even stopped to consider that her electrifier might be bugged and not working as it should, like the one you used ? No you haven't have you.

I hate having to go public on the forums with this sort of thing, but it should not have been instigated by someone who really should be following the protocols they are supposed to moderating upon in this forum.

If this was intended as a general message then you should not of highlighted a quote from any individual at the head of your message, as it is it looks for all the world you are condemning that person for actions you have no evidence of. And take a little of your own advice "have some consideration for others" before you offend them without thought or reason.

I apologise to others reading this but i am getting a little snarky in my late middleage and i don't like it when a dear friend is attacked in such a manner as this.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

How dare you question my cleanup script, the insult is intolerable!

Who do you think you are saying right out in public that my cleanup script should be better?

I'm sorry but I just can't sit by and let someone criticise me or my friends. I guess I am just a cranky old man. :roll:

-driller
Azure wrote:
DM Rendyll wrote: The main reason all this junk is being left behind, besides very low lvl chars, is laziness, and it's hardly fair to those that travel in the same area to have to run around and pick up your garbage to get their own loot. Have some consideration for others, and deal with your own garbage, instead of expecting fellow players to serve as your janitor.

A little bit of courtesy goes a long way.
Too right !! A bit of courtesy does go a long way !!!

Shame you decided to highlight this on somebody that has been known to go clear up other peoples rubbish left around in Vogon's not more than 2 steps from a trash can that others have dumped.

Even when i have gone into Vogon's the times i see traps and that letter you get at character start littlering the floor. I always stop pick them up and put them in the trash can, and yet you make no acknowledgement of that.

Perhaps you should get to know the players a bit better before you spout off instead of coming across all high and mighty.

I find it deplorable that a DM should be labling someone else in this fashion find another scape-goat for your vindictive sniping to make a point.

If there was a better clean up script in place this side topic would never have occured.

Fine have a go about the electrifier, but have you even stopped to consider that her electrifier might be bugged and not working as it should, like the one you used ? No you haven't have you.

I hate having to go public on the forums with this sort of thing, but it should not have been instigated by someone who really should be following the protocols they are supposed to moderating upon in this forum.

If this was intended as a general message then you should not of highlighted a quote from any individual at the head of your message, as it is it looks for all the world you are condemning that person for actions you have no evidence of. And take a little of your own advice "have some consideration for others" before you offend them without thought or reason.

I apologise to others reading this but i am getting a little snarky in my late middleage and i don't like it when a dear friend is attacked in such a manner as this.
Caesius
Duke
Duke

Post by Caesius »

Returning to the original topic, I find a party size limit of 8 is quite reasonable.
The only constant is change.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Thanks, and the above post was sarcastic of course.

-driller

Caesius wrote:Returning to the original topic, I find a party size limit of 8 is quite reasonable.
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

Post by Pretty Fly White Guy »

driller wrote:Thanks, and the above post was sarcastic of course.

-driller

Caesius wrote:Returning to the original topic, I find a party size limit of 8 is quite reasonable.
Really? It was? I'd never have known! :roll:
DM Rendyll
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by DM Rendyll »

lol...good grief.

If I were attacking someone, believe me, you would have known about it.

As for the quoted text, it was a generalization, not a personal slam, so before you go about assuming things (and we all know what assuming makes people) maybe clear things up in an appropriate manner (ie Private Messages) before flaming someone. Personally, if I have an issue with someone, I will PM them with my concerns, and not spout off on the public forums for all to see. -shrugs- Just some personal consideration of my own.

Have a great day.
Play by the spirit of the rules, not by the letter of the law.
Akimb0
Knight
Knight

Post by Akimb0 »

Party size > 8 does increase lag - fact.

Anywho...on the electifier topic that seems to have been brought up in here and ignored in my post, would it be possible to have one that can be used by anyone, doesn't have the recharge feature (otherwise there'd be no point in buying the real electrifier ) , is issued to new players as a basic undroppable item ( low or 0 weight please. ) so everyone can get rid of their rubbish?
Hexx_0
Zacarias
Duke
Duke
Location: Chesapeake, VA - West of Virginia Beach and South of Norfolk Naval Base.

Post by Zacarias »

I honestly do not know why you are making such a big deal out of the electrifyer and the trash. If you want to get rid of your rubbish, find a trash can. Or dump it in an area with no players in it. Or even just drop it on the ground. As driller has pointed out, there is a clean-up script, and I have seen it work.
We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
We ran to the sound of the thunder.
We danced among the lightning bolts,
and tore the world asunder.
Akimb0
Knight
Knight

Post by Akimb0 »

Zacarias wrote: I honestly do not know why you are making such a big deal out of the electrifyer and the trash. If you want to get rid of your rubbish, find a trash can. Or dump it in an area with no players in it. Or even just drop it on the ground. As driller has pointed out, there is a clean-up script, and I have seen it work.
Because there asre still masses of items when 40 players are on the server, and with people in the areas ( constantly sometimes ) I don't think the script can get rid of everything. Sorry if I'm trying to suggest ideas to help the server. I won't bother getting in the way of fanboys from now on.
Hexx_0
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

He disagreed with your assessment and you resort to name calling? :retard:

-driller
Akimb0 wrote:
Zacarias wrote: I honestly do not know why you are making such a big deal out of the electrifyer and the trash. If you want to get rid of your rubbish, find a trash can. Or dump it in an area with no players in it. Or even just drop it on the ground. As driller has pointed out, there is a clean-up script, and I have seen it work.
Because there asre still masses of items when 40 players are on the server, and with people in the areas ( constantly sometimes ) I don't think the script can get rid of everything. Sorry if I'm trying to suggest ideas to help the server. I won't bother getting in the way of fanboys from now on.
ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

Lets just solve the whole abandoned loot problem.

Lets make it so all loot automatically goes into a players inventory.
Lets remove the drop feature completely, so people can not leave garbage anywhere ever.
Lets make it so that if anyone ever spawns loot they no longer have room for, their entire inventory is be deleted so they can have plenty of room for thier new loot.

This system will completely resolve the garbage problem. An additional benifit, since trash cans will not be needed and the clean up script will not be needed, we can remove those scripts and the reduction in lag will once again allow for parties over 8. Lets say... parties of 10.

*cough*

Anyways...

We could try something else... allow parties of more than 8, but not allow any loot or XP for anyone in a party over 8.

Hmm...

Give me a few more minutes and maybe I will crank out a few more good ideas...

The fact of the matter is that there is always going to be people who abandon loot and are too stupid or lazy to take the 3 steps to a garbage can to dispose of traps or the log-in letter.

There is only one sure fire fix to it, you can simply: get over it.

Myle
Artist? Writer? Musician?
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
http://www.myspace.com/st_dm_myle
Dyremoore
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Dyremoore »

8) Dude... That is an enormous waste of space and effort just to be sarcastic about a loot problem (which is off-topic to begin with)...

:shock: Why not just say this..."NO". :shock:
"...we will restore chaos and order."

Key toons:
Kra'kk Bone'zz
Elvis Shadowmaker
Bloodfangz (son of Kra'kk)
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

It was to make a point. There was a lesson in it.

-driller
Dyremoore wrote:8) Dude... That is an enormous waste of space and effort just to be sarcastic about a loot problem (which is off-topic to begin with)...

:shock: Why not just say this..."NO". :shock:
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

Post by Pretty Fly White Guy »

Akimb0 wrote:I won't bother getting in the way of fanboys from now on.
:thumbsdown:

Grow up. That' coming from me, someone who can't legally drink. Even i'm more mature than that.