The Blackstone Festival.

Use this forum for In Character Interactions only.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

ValentianNizzle
Duke
Duke

The Blackstone Festival.

Post by ValentianNizzle »

Within the Keep where the Blackstone Market Square can be found, the local townscrier yells at the top of his lungs:

"Oy everyone here! Oy everyone near! Oy everyone over there! Come here! I have news! The wealthy and reknown Dwarven Forgemaster, Farim Forgehammer has been appointed by the mayor of Blackstone to hold the Blackstone Festival; The Festival will be filled with extraordinary events coordinated by the servants of Farim Forgehammer himself! Tales of an display of so-called Wild Mages whom art to show their impressive skills within the arts of conveying their extravagant talents, Tournaments for the brave and experienced are also to be held by no less than Mr. Forgehammer himself and last but not least, there will also be made an new marketplace in honour of the Festival Week that is to be known as 'The Gambler's Delight'. More information as I get it to ya!"

// Having problems connecting to Blackstone currently, so if I can't be there myself and running it. This event will be running from monday to friday from next week. In the case of my problems with connecting to the server cannot be fixed, I have given my account to someone else whom I know will get this event on it's way. - Heaps of gold, forge stones and fully forged items art to be sold and given away within this week. Doing this event as something to remember me by, as I've decided to leave for the most eligible RL that I now have. It's been fun. Take care.
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

Tash Angelus listens to the crier on her lunch break. She remembered all the times with the dwarf he mentioned and decided that she'd support him however possible. She got from the bench, stuffing whatever of her chicken salad sandwich was left into her mouth, and wandered to find the dwarf in order to sign up for every single event he was hosting.

// Foizzle, my Nizzle! I hope that everything goes well for you, and you damned well better not forget to sign on the IM's... I'm gonna hunt you down come Christmas time. O_o;

But on a serious note, you've made my experience at BSK since coming back at the beginning of the summer a very special one. Through thick and thin, you've been a real friend and great denlander. ... I'll be practicing my Danish.

Rød grød med fløde!!!

Oh... and don't forget the phrase that goes with this face: ^_~

Cause I'll be doing it. Every time. >_>
<_<//
ZOMFGOMBIES!
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

Post by Pretty Fly White Guy »

*Gilean takes out a book, and begins recording*

//Oh my, i'm going to miss being able to RP with the Nizzle. this man, if you realise it or not, is an integral part of the blackstone RP history.

GL man. not that you'll need it.
viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

Vrugor hears the town crier and his ears perk up at the sound of a festival.

//No one ever TRULY leaves NWN... Even if it's not until BSK2, I'm sure we'll see you around sometime. RL only lasts sooooo long without a regular NWN fix.
Lady Tray'o Curs-ed Song
Baron
Baron

Post by Lady Tray'o Curs-ed Song »

//I've noticed that too. No matter how hard you try to escape the crack pipe of NWN comes back to haunt you. What is a man to do?
Lady Tray'o Curs-ed Song: First Knight of Blood

Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

Post by Pretty Fly White Guy »

// smoke it, and smoke it deep.

about 6 hours a day.
ValentianNizzle
Duke
Duke

Day One of the Blackstone Festival.

Post by ValentianNizzle »

The townscrier steps out of the Blackstone State Building, dressed in what would look like festive robes of sparkling and dazzling black, red and gold. The cape draped around his shoulders dangling proudly as he walks towards his post, taking a deep breath before almost over the whole Keep:

"As stated earlier, not more than less than a fortnight ago, the honorable Forgemaster Farim Forgehammer will be hosting the Blackstone Festival week, which begins today!" *a loud roar of applause can be heard by the nearby gathering that soon came as they heard the Townscrier* Furthermore, I am to inform you that the first event that shall be held by his lordship, the once more honorable Farim Forgehammer, is a tournament that will incorporate the fighting talents of the brave of heart and those with a man *coughs* or woman's *coughs* heart. Let the Festivities begin, by decree by the Mayor of Blackstone!"
Fenrip
Duke
Duke

Post by Fenrip »

*Pip hears the declaration, sighs, and mumbles to self*

"Some of us have seen fewer than a dozen seasons. How will we get anything?"

*kicks a rock that hits a child playing tag in the street*

"There, there little one. It'll be alright. After we clean you up we can enjoy the festival together. Let's go find your mother."

*thinks to self "An angry mother... this could be the worst quest in some time*
winteraven
Count
Count

Post by winteraven »

The first day of the festival has passed as Brynn quietly walks around the Keep fondly thinking of her past. Thoughts of bitter yet fun haggling with the grumpy old MasterForger at the forefront of her mind. As she walks by the arena she recalls the moment that Raven, Swordmistress of Chaos won the final battle in Farim's first Festival event.

She smiles wistfully at the memory of the sounds of clashing steel and the cries of victory. A good day was had by all, she recalls as she moves down the lane to walk past Gruther's. The sounds of hammering can be heard from within. "Ah, Farim" she whispers fondly, "we shall miss you. But while you are still here we shall make that time memorable"

Moving past Gruther's now, the gravid Lady stops at the docks, looking past Captain Zim's boat to the horizon reflectively. She stops and looks through her bags at many of the items that Farim has forged for her in the past, then down at herself. "Soon" she murmurs as she puts away the armour that is too small right now, thinking to join the festivities as a participant shortly,"It won't be much longer"

Staring out at the sea, Brynn thinks back again to the first of Farim's festival events and the fun that was had by all. "A good day", she smiles, " and more to come". Leaving the sunset at her back, she turns and slowly makes her way home, eagerly looking forward to the next event.