Character Biography Incentive!

Information about server events. Player or DM driven.
Omegon
Baron
Baron

Character Biography Incentive!

Post by Omegon »

Hello everybody.

As an incentive to encourage the roleplay light part of things. I am now announcing a new scheme where you put up a character bio/backstory and a bit of info about what you want as a player you will now get rewarded!

So what I've done is designed a template to make it a bit easier to follow for your convenience. More importantly its a tool for you to enjoy yourself with and it lets others know what your in for too.

If you prefer to submit the backstory in private your welcome to PM it to me. Otherwise you can submit your character backstory on this thread. I'll then take a look at it, Let you know and then award the XP when I see you in game.

The reward is 10,000XP.

The right is reserved to decline any backstory that is half assed/etc etc.

Omegon/Hydran

================================================================================================================================
Character Biography:

Player Name:

Character Name:

Action/Roleplay/PvP/All:

Character Classes (Optional):

Background:

Characters Goals and Interests in BSK:

Any other info:
Darkness
Commoner
Commoner

Re: Character Biography Incentive!

Post by Darkness »

=====APPROVED AND AWAITING FOR OTHER DETAILS, 31/07/2021=====

Player Name: Dark

Character Name: Salty Cinnabar of the Tavari

Action/Roleplay/PvP/All: All

Background:

The Tavari, known as Pixies to humans and other "big folk", are one of the oldest races. Born when the first flowers bloomed, they dance amongst the trees and rocks and play with the bigger races. They do not age, but they find mortal races endlessly amusing. They normally know only joy and laughter, but they do share in nature's sorrow over the destruction of their homes within the verdant glades and majestic trees. Salty Cinnabar was scarred by such sorrow and rage when his carefully tended roses were trampled by competing armies of humans. Then the fields were burned and the ground salted to spite the opposing kingdom. This happened a very long time ago but Salty remains wroth and dedicated to his purpose. Those that destroy without remorse, must be taught a lesson. When Salty met Darkness, the Elven mage whose vendetta against humans is legendary, they made common cause and Salty vowed fellowship. Woe unto them who have wronged us, their tears shall be like a river.

Salty prefers good fellowship and fun, but cannot abide the destruction of the lands by humans and their allies. Darkness's vision of a world of humans, detritus, and soot haunts him.

Any other info:

Generally happy and go lucky by nature, Salty is marked by his anger towards humans.
Dyndrilliac
Baron
Baron

Post by Dyndrilliac »

Character Biography:

Player Name: Dyndrilliac

Character Name: Uther Pendragon

Action/Roleplay/PvP/All: PvM (Action / Roleplay), maybe some PvP but I'm not much of a PvP optimizer so I'll probably get wrecked lol.

Character Classes (Optional): Currently Paladin 12 / Champion of Torm 8 / Fighter 4 (level 24 overall). Eventually will be Paladin 12 / Champion of Torm 24 / Fighter 4 at level 40 overall. Will post full build to the build section later. I'm focusing on Smite Evil, Power Attack / Improved Power Attack, and Divine Might for achieving high single-target melee damage.

Characters Goals and Interests in BSK: Gain prestige and title. Kill lots of evil monsters in the process. Give lots of gold to the beggar. Demonstrate my worthiness to Vor by slaying his enemies. More specifically, I have a message posted on the in-game in-character message board seeking someone who can teach me how to use the Gem of Transference. I have a socketed Hand of Justice long sword (special perk of 10% chance to deal extra 10d6 Divine damage) with +5, Holy Avenger, and 1d6 Fire/Cold/Electric damage bonuses. I have another sword, an Heir to the Throne bastard sword which has +5, +2 CHA, +2 WIS, DC 14 Wounding, and Keen. I would like to transfer these properties (or as many as I can if I can't transfer them all) to the Hand of Justice if possible. I'm also looking to learn ways to improve my other gear. Find or message me in-game if you can help! I've amassed a large amount of gold, with no other things to spend it on aside from the occasional potions of Improved Invisibility, Shadow Shield, and Heal I can find at the merchant stalls. I'd be happy to reward someone who can assist me.

Background: Uther comes from a long distinguished line of Knights and Paladins. His grand-father, Gavril, single-handedly held off a hundred-orc raiding party at Skull Gorge. His great-grandfather saved the daughter of a Cormyrian general when she was kidnapped by Luskan's Arcane Brotherhood. All of his ancestors have great deeds of heroism and valor to their names... except his father, Keziah. The proverbial black sheep, Keziah - to speak plainly - decided to use the Pendragon clan's wealth and prestige to enjoy the life of a drunkard and a lout. He had little interest in governing the lands, defending the faithful, and upholding Vor's divine justice. Instead, he wasted his days engaging in every vice available throughout the realms. These days, as it turns out, would be numbered fewer than any male Pendragon that had come before him despite never stepping foot into battle. It did not take long for his whoring and drinking to catch up with him, and one night an assassin slipped a blade between his ribs while he slept - a "gift" from another lord who Keziah had angered by sleeping with his wife. The death of Uther's father hurled the family into chaos and disarray, and their wealth, status, and prestige vanished practically overnight. Disgusted by his father's behavior, in despair at the loss of his family's honor, and shunned by the community he once loved more than anything, he left the lands of his birth in search of redemption. He now journeys throughout the realms looking for injustices to make right, and quests to undertake in the name of Vor.

Note: I thought I posted this, then didn't see it get posted, so I'm trying again under the assumption I messed up somehow... apologies if they aren't visible until after they approved. Not intending to post duplicates.
Pharo_IK
Count
Count

Post by Pharo_IK »

Player Name: Pharo_IK

Character Name: Enigma

Action/Roleplay/PvP/All: Lite-RP/Story Oriented PvP

Character Classes (Optional): Sorc/RDD/PM

Background:
Enigma is a half-pint Nether Demon who has a long history with Blackstone Keep. Though evil, she was turned on to the idea of merchanting as an alternative to gain power and influence rather than only devouring souls. After joining the group once known as Starkson, and committing to following a more neutral path, she promised not to consume sentient mortals anymore with the exception of drow. Drow are delicious and should absolutely be eaten.

IC: She seeks to regain her footing and presence around Blackstone in preparation for the arrival of the next Sovereign of the Protectorate. For now, she is seeking to find a way to help Capitan Zim find his way into the fog to find the obscured island chain.
OOC: Hoping to max out her soak and immunities to benefit from her PM crit immunity to keep actual damage low considering she is not a power build.
Lady Winesa Kenders(RIP): Divine Daughter of Lia, Treaty Holder of the Starkson Protectorate (All realms), Guardian of the Wildlands, Keeper of the Night´s Breath, Speaker of the Great Oak, Champion of Balance.
TermNerdy
Commoner
Commoner

Post by TermNerdy »

Player Name: TermNerdy

Character Name: Rodrick Sessarn

Action/Roleplay/PvP/All: Action / Roleplay (I do not PVP)

Character Classes (Optional): Planned Fighter 4 / Wizard 6 / Palemaster 30

Background: Rodrick hails from a small no name village in the mountains, and travelled to Blackstone Keep in search of knowledge and power for himself. Growing up, Rodrick has always had a strange interest in the dead and death, and while his father (a guard for the town) taught him to fight and hoped he would follow in his footsteps, Rodrick always preferred the quiet of the town graveyard and the solitude found there, and the comfort of books. He would in fact frequently take books with him to the graveyard, and occasionally in the night would dig up graves to seek the knowledge that would frequently be buried with the dead. Upon finding a book buried in a grave that spoke of necromancy and its magic, Rodrick's interest in power over the dead grew. Rodrick has no urge to conquer, or enslave, but simply wishes to acquire knowledge and power for its own sake. And so he came to Blackstone Keep, to seek his fortune and grow in his own way.

Rodrick is a pragmatic sort, and has no issues doing both good deeds and evil acts. All he cares about is using these things to gain more power, more knowledge, and strength.

Characters Goals and Interests in BSK: Adventure, exploration, building a Bone Golem, questing, acquiring knowledge and power.

Any other info: I play sporadically and frequently go AFK so while I do RP I have no problems just chatting in OOC. I also am a soloist, generally, until I hit the level cap in games and start messing around in Group Content. So if you see me around feel free to say Hi but dont be surprised if I take a while to respond, or don't respond at all as I might just be away doing other things / working.