Echoes from the Past

Open Discussion - Please use appropriate decorum
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Echoes from the Past

Post by Jazelle »

Hello, again, folks.

Pharo and I decided to get on Steam and restart NWN1:EE. Boy, it is a learning curve again. For the past 12 years, we have been old college students, and Pharo is still getting his degree. The world we start is still going on but online in Discord and is a moded Pathfinder-style RPG. Mostly with local folks since time zones get sticky when doing RPG games.

So we looked around and found Blackstone to be still going and accessible. I have a high-power graphics system, so it was hard to get it working on this old game and not be a tiny square and overly defined. My eyes are not what they used to be. But I think it should be fun once the keyboard is set and I get used to it. No, we will not be doing all that much RPG here for now. For Pharo, time is far more defined, and we only have so much and the need to sleep sometimes.

Still, since some folks remember us wanted to say hello.

Jazelle, _Time_Stop_
The world is a strange place.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Echoes from the Past

Post by driller »

Welcome back.
Kalizzle
Count
Count

Post by Kalizzle »

:) welcome back!
-Lady Sabel
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

Had fun last night into the morning. DM Omegon was tons of fun. My char was brand new so had issues being part of the shadows event. But it was fixed in the end. Had fun and was, of course, annoying. Life will be interesting again. Have to learn the new layout and all the beasties. Love the dropping chests. Anyway, I have way too many names here to say them all. Most I forgot how to access due to email addresses long gone. So Jazelle here and _Time_Stop_ in-game. If you see Fae Jinks around, say hi. I might not reply right away. I am still relearning the keys and commands. But RP will return for a bit of weekly fun between other events.

Thanks to everyone who has welcomed us back. Love chatting about old times. Looking forward to new times and stories.

Jazelle
Kalizzle
Count
Count

Post by Kalizzle »

Jazelle wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:08 pm If you see Fae Jinks around, say hi.
Will we be seeing a return of ortel? :)
-Lady Sabel
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

No, she is not coming back. In our world, she died, but an evil entity took her spirit. Her husband Cel is holding a thread to her, and both are pretty much stuck in a lock to get her back and not allow the evil entity access back. It is a storyline we will deal with in our RPG game. But for now, she will not return more, will Cel.

But we will be starting new with some interesting chars, and yes, we plan on adding RP to BSK. We are right now just relearning everything and trying to remember it all. For now, yes, I am playing a drow. Did not plan that. It just happened that way due to the build I found. She is based on having a Black Dragon bloodline and is hanging around some tiny black demon chick.

I am right now looking for the old BlackRose (My past Char) build. Neco did the build for me. She was a pirate merchant who did up scrolls, and such most folks could not get normally. I remember her being Paladin, cleric, and I think RDD, but I can not find the old build excel page. Got some ideas?
Kalizzle
Count
Count

Post by Kalizzle »

Hmmm. You can try consulting with sway or yunim. Most builds are tweaked for endgame such as raiding. :) Sway helped me revamp sabel lol...i cant seem to let that character go. ^.^;; although im not online much other than here and there to hop on to tag along for a raid or one of Omegons dm events. Hope to see you ingame when i do pop in :)
-Lady Sabel
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

In case you missed it in the discord post, the Dock master can give you the Black Dragon wings you wanted.
Cybermagi
Count
Count

Post by Cybermagi »

Well...there is a couple pf old timers...lol
Peace

Lady Panacea Stormwatcher
Elsbeth Stormwatcher
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

driller wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:33 am In case you missed it in the discord post, the Dock master can give you the Black Dragon wings you wanted.
Thanks! we both have our black wings now.
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

Cybermagi wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:18 am Well...there is a couple pf old timers...lol
Yep
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

You're welcome.
Jazelle wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:26 pm
driller wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:33 am In case you missed it in the discord post, the Dock master can give you the Black Dragon wings you wanted.
Thanks! we both have our black wings now.
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

One question Driller. For some reason, both the sub-race and deity vanished from Fae. While I can now deal without the sub-race, it is annoying not to have a deity with its perks. Is there a way to fix that since most of the temples just say I do not follow XYZ. I know there used to be, but if there was a rest set, it bugged out my char to the point you had to fix her. Lost a ton of good stuff that way. So understand not having that feature anymore.

Also, what are the transfer shelves, and how do they work?
Kalizzle
Count
Count

Post by Kalizzle »

Transfer shelves are tied to your account so you can swap items from character to character. There is a warning that appears when using it because it can be risky if the server crashes or you use it close to a reset you will lose all your items and they wont be replaced...trust me...lol ive lost stuff as have other players lol.
-Lady Sabel
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

That's really odd as the deity/subrace field is saved on your character bic. What was your subrace and deity?
Jazelle wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:09 pm One question Driller. For some reason, both the sub-race and deity vanished from Fae. While I can now deal without the sub-race, it is annoying not to have a deity with its perks. Is there a way to fix that since most of the temples just say I do not follow XYZ. I know there used to be, but if there was a rest set, it bugged out my char to the point you had to fix her. Lost a ton of good stuff that way. So understand not having that feature anymore.

Also, what are the transfer shelves, and how do they work?