Character creation

Report any bugs you find here.
Zedral
Commoner
Commoner

Character creation

Post by Zedral »

I have trouble during creation of new charracters. I trie like 10 times and the result is still the same. See it in attachment.
Attachments
error.PNG
error.PNG (131.05 KiB) Viewed 8180 times
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Character creation

Post by driller »

Make sure you do not have any files in "C:\Users\<Your User Name Here>\Documents\Neverwinter Nights\override".

Remove any Steam Workshop mods. Then try again.
Sway
Count
Count

Post by Sway »

I've gotten this problem also when recreating two of my characters.
Does your character you're creating have special/foreign chracters?

like this: "ß∂¥¬¥ø©˙∫√ç≈Ωåß∑∑´®†¥ˆø¬˚∆˙©ƒ∂ßåΩ≈ç√∫˜µ≤æ"

If so, i've tried everything and it doesn't work. If not, then not sure the issue.
Zedral wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 6:40 am I have trouble during creation of new charracters. I trie like 10 times and the result is still the same. See it in attachment.
Ingame Names:
iForge
Swae
Swai

One of the leaders of Legion of Terror
Zedral
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Zedral »

driller wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 7:51 am Make sure you do not have any files in "C:\Users\<Your User Name Here>\Documents\Neverwinter Nights\override".

That would be probably my trouble but I did some directory changes in the past and I have to find the actuall directory.

I have bought my nvn ee from GOG, not from Steam. Actually I dont have Steam even installed.

Thanks for your help anyway.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

No matter where you purchased it, the user folder will be in the same place on a PC.
Zedral wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 2:11 am
driller wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 7:51 am Make sure you do not have any files in "C:\Users\<Your User Name Here>\Documents\Neverwinter Nights\override".

That would be probably my trouble but I did some directory changes in the past and I have to find the actuall directory.

I have bought my nvn ee from GOG, not from Steam. Actually I dont have Steam even installed.

Thanks for your help anyway.
Zedral
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Zedral »

Thank you driller for your advices. It required a bit more, but you showed me the direction!!! :-)
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

You're welcome.
Zedral wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 4:45 am Thank you driller for your advices. It required a bit more, but you showed me the direction!!! :-)