Crafting/Forging QoL Fixes

Post suggestions for improvements here.
Sway
Count
Count

Crafting/Forging QoL Fixes

Post by Sway »

Currently, there's many ways to ruin weapons when it comes to forging. Making them near useless afterwards. A certain forge stone was made to fix forging mistakes, but currently, there's no way to fix mistakes that come from using socket stones and enchantment stones.

Right now, if you use an enchantment stone and get a bad roll from it, you're out of luck on the weapon you've used it on. Reason being, you can't use another enchantment stone on it after removing the bad rolls from the previous one. There's a certain order you have to forge/craft weapons to make the best possible weapon.

Problem:
I've rolled certain forge stones (tons and tons of times) and got a certain damage type that i wanted on my weapon. As of right now, if i use an enchantment stone, it has the possibility to overwrite that certain forge stone roll to something you didn't want. Sure this goes with the game, but to not be able to fix that is the issue. Now, you've wasted tons of those forge stones and can't fix the issue. Cause say you remove the rolls that came from the enchantment stone, you then have to reroll the certain forge stones again to get what you originally wanted, only to not be able to use another enchantment stone on it.

Solution:
Make legendary enchantment stones mean more than just give you those damages. Maybe legendary enchantment stone + certain forge stone, removes all enchantments from a weapon or something along these lines. (Doesn't have to be this but another solution would be great)

Problem:
Same thing applies for socket stones. As of right now, you can't socket an enchanted weapon, meaning you have to socket said weapon last. So the order being, get a certain roll from a forge stone -> use an enchantment stone -> socket the weapon. Once you socket an item, you're stuck with what you originally put in it. This could be troublesome for players experimenting with crafting/forging. Also it's kind of a pain because if you remove the sockets with certain forge stones, you can't put another socket stone on it because you added one before "This weapon has already been socketed." But you can't resocket it, even though it's "socketed."

Solution:
Make it so that if you use another socket stone on an item that is already socketed, it resets the current sockets on the item and makes it so you can resocket said item.

These issues can make crafting from a QoL standpoint a lot better. The overall basis of this is to help players ruin less items, especially ones they've really wanted. You spend hours grinding and grinding for supplies to craft/forge only for it all to go down the drain.

Let me know what you guys think,

Sway
Ingame Names:
iForge
Swae
Swai

One of the leaders of Legion of Terror
Unicorn Knight
Commoner
Commoner

Re: Crafting/Forging QoL Fixes

Post by Unicorn Knight »

Perfection.

But you forgot to mention the kisses I sent to Driller. Lov u man. <3
HONOR AND GLORY!
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Sorry, but removing and any all misfortune from the game is the wrong move. Things have to have a chance of going wrong, otherwise it's just bad game design.
bthorns
Baron
Baron

Post by bthorns »

I would be ecstatic about having an item drop that lets me remove a Perk Stone I used on a weapon that I spent tons of time on 8)

Although, it falls under the reply of Drillman for the original posted QoL problems.

Think of it as a Legendary weapon in other cool games.
Sway
Count
Count

Post by Sway »

Unfortunate. But I definitely understand. Since the main misfortune comes from enchantment stones, anyway we can get the ability to resocket? I think that in itself is more of a QoL feature than anything.
driller wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:06 pm Sorry, but removing and any all misfortune from the game is the wrong move. Things have to have a chance of going wrong, otherwise it's just bad game design.
Yeah the idea of one and done kinda sucks. When you finally have a weapon you're happy with and craft on it, very hard to upgrade it after because of the one and done. This makes it even tougher for players because some great weapons require you to do certain raids, which aren't ran very often anymore.
bthorns wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:42 pm I would be ecstatic about having an item drop that lets me remove a Perk Stone I used on a weapon that I spent tons of time on 8)

Although, it falls under the reply of Drillman for the original posted QoL problems.

Ingame Names:
iForge
Swae
Swai

One of the leaders of Legion of Terror
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Make another weapon then. Do you mean to tell me that you really can't see what is wrong with your ideal?
Sway wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:10 pm Unfortunate. But I definitely understand. Since the main misfortune comes from enchantment stones, anyway we can get the ability to resocket? I think that in itself is more of a QoL feature than anything.
driller wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:06 pm Sorry, but removing and any all misfortune from the game is the wrong move. Things have to have a chance of going wrong, otherwise it's just bad game design.
Yeah the idea of one and done kinda sucks. When you finally have a weapon you're happy with and craft on it, very hard to upgrade it after because of the one and done. This makes it even tougher for players because some great weapons require you to do certain raids, which aren't ran very often anymore.
bthorns wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:42 pm I would be ecstatic about having an item drop that lets me remove a Perk Stone I used on a weapon that I spent tons of time on 8)

Qui Chang
Baron
Baron

Post by Qui Chang »

Is the function of the prismatic forge stone a part of this same philosophy? Without trying to give away it's function here, it would be nice if it could be used for the last thing you did as apposed to the seemingly random thing it does now (which could be done since you can now tag item properties).
"When the student is ready.....the master appears" Old Zen Saying
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Not everything has to be random, but the outcome of every situation does not need a nullifier. Things have to go wrong, irrevocably.

If there is way to get exactly what you want, then there really is nothing left to strive for.
Qui Chang wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:09 pm
Is the function of the prismatic forge stone a part of this same philosophy? Without trying to give away it's function here, it would be nice if it could be used for the last thing you did as apposed to the seemingly random thing it does now (which could be done since you can now tag item properties).