Potion of cure

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
Entwhystel
Commoner
Commoner

Potion of cure

Post by Entwhystel »

Hello everybody. I was wondering why in the entire BSK shard, you cannot buy potions of cure but you can drop it from mobs. I know that you can buy scrolls to restore the entire hp from Akon shop, but it takes a lot of time that the toon read the scroll and cast it. There is any chance to introduce that kind of potion? They are more comfortable and will help you to enjoy quests and everything else more. It's frustrating when you use High Cure Wounds or Kit's that give you 39hp back.
SkyBlues87
Duke
Duke

Re: Potion of cure

Post by SkyBlues87 »

I assume you mean heal pot's they won't help you much at high levels either they are nerf'ed to 150 hp... Heal kits are often a better choice at lower levels and you can apply them whilst in HiPS too.. It is possibly better to invest in regeneration and vamp regen for your weapon...
Where there is a will there will be a way...
Entwhystel
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Entwhystel »

SkyBlues87 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 2:27 pm I assume you mean heal pot's they won't help you much at high levels either they are nerf'ed to 150 hp... Heal kits are often a better choice at lower levels and you can apply them whilst in HiPS too.. It is possibly better to invest in regeneration and vamp regen for your weapon...
Sorry, I have problems with english, maybe I call the potion with the wrong name. I put the screenshot, maybe it will be more clear.

I mean this potion: it restore all of your hp. I repeat that it is strange that you can drop this potion but you cannot buy it.
SkyBlues87
Duke
Duke

Post by SkyBlues87 »

That is the heal potion says so in the description and no you can not buy less it is off another player no store anywhere in game stocks it.. It is a drop item only in loot chests.. I think however your English is far better than any attempt I would make at your language...
Entwhystel
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Entwhystel »

SkyBlues87 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:42 pm That is the heal potion says so in the description and no you can not buy less it is off another player no store anywhere in game stocks it.. It is a drop item only in loot chests.. I think however your English is far better than any attempt I would make at your language...
In the reply before this you said that potion is nerf'ed and give 150hp back, that's another reason (for me) to put them in Harvey's store in Blackstone or in Akon's store with the scrolls, so players can choose between them two.

I ask for that just because I'm used with the potion in every shard I played (italians or anywhere).

Thanks for the attention,
Cheers
Entwhystel
sergeil
Duke
Duke

Post by sergeil »

Entwhystel wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:11 pm In the reply before this you said that potion is nerf'ed and give 150hp back, that's another reason (for me) to put them in Harvey's store in Blackstone or in Akon's store with the scrolls, so players can choose between them two.
This potion is useless in Akon's shop, because nerfed. Great restoration is ultimate healing scroll and it is available in Akon's shop.
Entwhystel
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Entwhystel »

sergeil wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:32 am
Entwhystel wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:11 pm In the reply before this you said that potion is nerf'ed and give 150hp back, that's another reason (for me) to put them in Harvey's store in Blackstone or in Akon's store with the scrolls, so players can choose between them two.
This potion is useless in Akon's shop, because nerfed. Great restoration is ultimate healing scroll and it is available in Akon's shop.
For me is makes no sense having a scroll that can restore the entire hp but not a potion. Why is it nerf'ed? Is there any problem if that potion will be introduced?

Cheers
Entwhystel
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

What is your issue with using the scroll?
Entwhystel wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:57 am
sergeil wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:32 am
For me is makes no sense having a scroll that can restore the entire hp but not a potion. Why is it nerf'ed? Is there any problem if that potion will be introduced?

Cheers
Entwhystel
SkyBlues87
Duke
Duke

Post by SkyBlues87 »

I think that because of two factors, 150 hit point is way too low of a nerf 250 or 300 limit would be better suited particularly in boss raids at end game... The second point is that it takes like 2 to 4 rounds of action to read a scroll meanwhile you can easily die from assults by whatever your fighting especially if their attacks result in 300 plus damage a hit dispite whatever immunes and soaks you have maxed out..

Sure I can see why this is to make players party up to be successful, but take big shally 10,000 hit point damage strke every 4 or 5 minutes no character survives that to even rez or raise the other players... I think making cleric's more important was a good thing but even a real skilled cleric has no chance, okay this is the extreme example..

But I ask haven't you noticed a drop off in those seeking to boss end game runs, personally I gave up on them a while ago.. And am now happy to run another character up to level 40 and effectively retire them and start another..
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Heals are not meant for endgame, clerics are as you have stated. I don't think the Big Shally mechanic is relevant as it is just a timing issue, it's not about drinking a potion. I don't think potions are the reason for any perceived raid drop offs, its more of population issue as people lose interest or find other games to play. Also, the horde mode has supplanted it to a degree.

P.S. I recently added Potions that heal a % of your health. You get them as a reward for doing quests.
SkyBlues87 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:52 am I think that because of two factors, 150 hit point is way too low of a nerf 250 or 300 limit would be better suited particularly in boss raids at end game... The second point is that it takes like 2 to 4 rounds of action to read a scroll meanwhile you can easily die from assults by whatever your fighting especially if their attacks result in 300 plus damage a hit dispite whatever immunes and soaks you have maxed out..

Sure I can see why this is to make players party up to be successful, but take big shally 10,000 hit point damage strke every 4 or 5 minutes no character survives that to even rez or raise the other players... I think making cleric's more important was a good thing but even a real skilled cleric has no chance, okay this is the extreme example..

But I ask haven't you noticed a drop off in those seeking to boss end game runs, personally I gave up on them a while ago.. And am now happy to run another character up to level 40 and effectively retire them and start another..
Entwhystel
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Entwhystel »

SkyBlues87 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:52 am I think that because of two factors, 150 hit point is way too low of a nerf 250 or 300 limit would be better suited particularly in boss raids at end game... The second point is that it takes like 2 to 4 rounds of action to read a scroll meanwhile you can easily die from assults by whatever your fighting especially if their attacks result in 300 plus damage a hit dispite whatever immunes and soaks you have maxed out..
Thanks for the explanation, which I cannot write like this way. Is the same reason why do I prefer potions instead of scrolls.

@driller which quests give us that kind of potion? Because I do them for get more expirience that I can, but I didn't find them. For me, having that kind of potion helps people to play more raid/quests than recreate a new toon, but maybe is just my consideration. I want to mention other shards (I still play on your server, because I like the community, thanks to "HowTown" that helps me a lot) that use this potions and the players are more comfortable with it. Shards that has 20+ people every day.

Thanks,
Cheers
Entwhystel
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Blackstone is meant to be a party based server. Making endless heal potions available goes against this philosophy.

The % based potions will be given out as a reward for quests, this was recently implemented.
Entwhystel wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:10 am
Thanks for the explanation, which I cannot write like this way. Is the same reason why do I prefer potions instead of scrolls.

@driller which quests give us that kind of potion? Because I do them for get more expirience that I can, but I didn't find them. For me, having that kind of potion helps people to play more raid/quests than recreate a new toon, but maybe is just my consideration. I want to mention other shards (I still play on your server, because I like the community, thanks to "HowTown" that helps me a lot) that use this potions and the players are more comfortable with it. Shards that has 20+ people every day.

Thanks,
Cheers
Entwhystel
Entwhystel
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Entwhystel »

driller wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:30 pm Blackstone is meant to be a party based server. Making endless heal potions available goes against this philosophy.
Ok well I absolutely respect that, but I want you to know that a lot of times I invite other players for party and they refuse that and when I'm asking why (with a pm) they don't even reply to that. I think this kind of players goes against the philosophy not the introduction of that heal potions.

Thanks for the attention, anyway.
Cheers
Entwhystel
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I can't control what other people do, only myself. The server is designed to be a party based one.
Entwhystel wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 1:45 am
driller wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:30 pm Blackstone is meant to be a party based server. Making endless heal potions available goes against this philosophy.
Ok well I absolutely respect that, but I want you to know that a lot of times I invite other players for party and they refuse that and when I'm asking why (with a pm) they don't even reply to that. I think this kind of players goes against the philosophy not the introduction of that heal potions.

Thanks for the attention, anyway.
Cheers
Entwhystel