Various Suggestions

Post suggestions for improvements here.
Qui Chang
Baron
Baron

Various Suggestions

Post by Qui Chang »

Greetings,

I've been playing on BSK for many years (off and on) and have recently started playing again. I've come across a few things that might warrant your consideration.

~Please add gloves to the socketing stone system or create a new forge/workbench to add socketing capabilities to monk gloves (aside from the ones you can buy in Gruther's) or allow the enchanting stones to work on them. Anything would be nice.

~Add a line (depending on how you set it up) to the new chat functions in the OnPlayerChat script. IE /helm, /cloak, /save.
SetPCChatMessage("");//Set to an empty string so there is no actual output message shown to the public

~Change the location of the PostString messages. IE "The war will start in:". Something like the following:
PostString(oPC, "The War Will Start in:", -20, -30, SCREEN_ANCHOR_CENTER, 6.0, 2147418367, 2147418367);
//Adjusting the first number (-20) will adjust slightly right or left depending on the length of the string, negative to the left. Adjusting the second number (-30) will adjust
to the top or bottom of screen. -30 to -40 is a good range somewhere up on the top while 30 would put it at the bottom just above the quickslot bar.

Hopefully at least one of these will be a helpful suggestion.

Take care
p.s. If you need any general scripting help I'd be happy to lend a hand (I haven't familiarized myself with any of the new UI or JSON functions yet).
"When the student is ready.....the master appears" Old Zen Saying
Qui Chang
Baron
Baron

Re: Various Suggestions

Post by Qui Chang »

~Perhaps setting the socketing stone to unlimited uses per day but destroy object on use if it is used successfully on a valid item so that you don't lose it when you try to use it on something that is not valid. This way you can just send a message to the PC that you are trying to use it on a non valid item and you keep the socketing stone.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

1.Socketing Stones and Enhancements Gem should work on gloves now.

2.Special commands will be intercepted and sent to the whisper channel

3.I moved the message down a bit. The problem with this is offsets can be different based on the user's resolution.

4.I put the check before the on use item fires. The event will cancel if the target is incorrect.
~Please add gloves to the socketing stone system or create a new forge/workbench to add socketing capabilities to monk gloves (aside from the ones you can buy in Gruther's) or allow the enchanting stones to work on them. Anything would be nice.

~Add a line (depending on how you set it up) to the new chat functions in the OnPlayerChat script. IE /helm, /cloak, /save.
SetPCChatMessage("");//Set to an empty string so there is no actual output message shown to the public

~Change the location of the PostString messages. IE "The war will start in:". Something like the following:
PostString(oPC, "The War Will Start in:", -20, -30, SCREEN_ANCHOR_CENTER, 6.0, 2147418367, 2147418367);
//Adjusting the first number (-20) will adjust slightly right or left depending on the length of the string, negative to the left. Adjusting the second number (-30) will adjust
to the top or bottom of screen. -30 to -40 is a good range somewhere up on the top while 30 would put it at the bottom just above the quickslot bar.

~Perhaps setting the socketing stone to unlimited uses per day but destroy object on use if it is used successfully on a valid item so that you don't lose it when you try to use it on something that is not valid. This way you can just send a message to the PC that you are trying to use it on a non valid item and you keep the socketing stone.
Qui Chang
Baron
Baron

Post by Qui Chang »

Awesome!
Lomilinator
Baron
Baron

Post by Lomilinator »

Amazing work both of you, and huge thanks. Driller, you are awesome. And Qui Chang wonderful to give such specific feedback.

Just a thought - Is it possible to anchor the holy war message to the right of the screen?
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

It would be hard to do that due to everyone have different resolutions. When a monitor draws something, in most cases it starts at position (0,0) which is the top left of the monitor. I tested this a while back, it was more consistent to use the left side. Otherwise, it can be a pain to line text up for everyone. Not sure if it is any better in the latest patches.
Lomilinator wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:42 pm Amazing work both of you, and huge thanks. Driller, you are awesome. And Qui Chang wonderful to give such specific feedback.

Just a thought - Is it possible to anchor the holy war message to the right of the screen?
Qui Chang
Baron
Baron

Post by Qui Chang »

driller wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:10 pm Not sure if it is any better in the latest patches.
Definitely still seems to act weird. Or at least counter intuitive.
Zog2
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Zog2 »

driller wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:38 am 1.Socketing Stones and Enhancements Gem should work on gloves now.
I find that if monk gloves are used at forge, it treats them like gloves, not as a weapon. This seems to make a fist-fighter monk unlikely to succeed at the top end. Shame -- I like playing a fist-fighter monks :cry:
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I have added an option to the Forge that allows you to change how your gloves are seen by the Forge, you can toggle between armor or weapon.
Zog2 wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:53 pm
driller wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:38 am 1.Socketing Stones and Enhancements Gem should work on gloves now.
I find that if monk gloves are used at forge, it treats them like gloves, not as a weapon. This seems to make a fist-fighter monk unlikely to succeed at the top end. Shame -- I like playing a fist-fighter monks :cry: