Tanks Aggro

Post suggestions for improvements here.
badkarmaah
Commoner
Commoner

Tanks Aggro

Post by badkarmaah »

Hello!

well this is a simple request/query that I would like to be applied to the server since it would improve the experience and function that this class fulfills in the game today. The idea is to see if there is a possibility of adding a feat or skill that forces the mobs/boss to attack the one that uses it.

I know that many will say "this is not wow", but taking into account the mechanics of the bosses today and that they need a group that needs a tank, dps and healer, it seems logical to me that the character that tank the boss has a way to get his attention.

Why do I propose this? Well simple, I think it would improve the raid/boss groups and make the class more useful, since today the boss will hit anyone and there are certain bosses that make the fight more difficult (like shally and his circles).

I leave you the screenshot of the feat that exists in the other server to see what you think.

Greetings
Captura.PNG
Captura.PNG (26.15 KiB) Viewed 2955 times
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Tanks Aggro

Post by driller »

Is that basically what taunt is?
badkarmaah
Commoner
Commoner

Post by badkarmaah »

If you mean to the taunt skill in nwn, that only lowers ac and gives 30 spell faillure.

I mean a feat or skill that force the mob/boss to hit the caster of that feat/skill for certain period of time.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I believe taunt, while not an attack, is still considered a hostile action.

I don't mind doing this to an extent, but I am not a fan of mindless aggro.
A bit of randomless stops the ecounter from playing out the same everytime.

I have added a small pre-check to taunt.

It will do your taunt skill rank + d20 vs the target's concentration rank skill + d20.
If make the roll, then the target will be interrupted and will make an A.I. combat check agains the taunter.
i.e. AssignCommand(oTarget,ClearAllActions(TRUE)); AssignCommand(oTarget,DetermineCombatRound(oPC));

There will be a 30 second cool down between uses to stop spam. This will not affect the normal taunt skill.

But, I don't think this will have the dramatic effect you are seeking, as the A.I. will respond to other players actions.
badkarmaah
Commoner
Commoner

Post by badkarmaah »

Thanks Driller, i will test taunt. I assume that this work after reset no?
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Yes, after the reset.
badkarmaah wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 1:13 pm Thanks Driller, i will test taunt. I assume that this work after reset no?