Intelligent Weapon On Hit

Post suggestions for improvements here.
vvelp
Commoner
Commoner

Intelligent Weapon On Hit

Post by vvelp »

One of the most discouraging things about making a ranger is knowing what favored enemies to choose. I'm not sure if it would be possible to introduce weapons or perhaps a forge stone with the Intelligent Weapon property that could be used by players to learn which favored enemies would be their choices. I'm sure this property is a bit annoying though if kept to less useful weapons I doubt it would be used much after the player learned what they needed to know from it. From my experience on another server, sometimes a creature might be a different race than it appears to be, and even if such isn't the case, the favored enemy classifications can be confusing about whether a mob is a beast, animal, or magical beast etc. I would like to know what a mob's race is even it's appearance is modified and/or not have to look up every creature I consider potentially qualified for a favored enemy to determine it's race in order to make wise choices, and not just make these choices based on what some player says or thinks.

https://nwn.fandom.com/wiki/Intelligent_weapon
Yunim
Duke
Duke

Re: Intelligent Weapon On Hit

Post by Yunim »

It's possible (although time consuming) to check a creature's race, either with PDK or with certain weapons.
Qui Chang
Baron
Baron

Re: Intelligent Weapon On Hit

Post by Qui Chang »

An easier solution, which might still be okay for RP purposes since rangers deal specifically with racial types, would be to give rangers a unique item (similar to a language token) with unlimited uses per day, that can target any creature and tell you it's race. This would work for any creatures who have their appearance set to something different as well, giving you their original race.
"When the student is ready.....the master appears" Old Zen Saying