Character respec change.

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
sergeil
Duke
Duke

Re: Character respec change.

Post by sergeil »

Losing basic items on rebuild or in case of participating in Horde is well-known minor issue.

In fact, people don't care about it, because commands like *sits*, *wave*, /follow, etc works perfect and it is even more handy as using special items.

It could be good to have full list of commannds. Unfortunately, I was not able to found it.
Dyndrilliac
Baron
Baron

Post by Dyndrilliac »

Also, some characters have multiple languages (for example Druids get the ability to speak to Nature, people who choose the Celestial sub-race get the ability to speak Celestial language). What happens if one has both? How can one switch between them when typing in square brackets [] in the chat bar? This is the only scenario in which I can think of where having the items is still helpful, but I agree it is minor, and not worth wasting a whole bunch of time trying to fix.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I will add the command /emotes to the /help one. It is a list I pulled from DMFI, some of them may not work. Not a big deal as they mostly redundant.
sergeil wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:09 am Losing basic items on rebuild or in case of participating in Horde is well-known minor issue.

In fact, people don't care about it, because commands like *sits*, *wave*, /follow, etc works perfect and it is even more handy as using special items.

It could be good to have full list of commannds. Unfortunately, I was not able to found it.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

No way to currently do this and it would take some doing to change.
Dyndrilliac wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:58 am Also, some characters have multiple languages (for example Druids get the ability to speak to Nature, people who choose the Celestial sub-race get the ability to speak Celestial language). What happens if one has both? How can one switch between them when typing in square brackets [] in the chat bar? This is the only scenario in which I can think of where having the items is still helpful, but I agree it is minor, and not worth wasting a whole bunch of time trying to fix.
vvelp
Commoner
Commoner

Post by vvelp »

So am I clear that upon using the elixir you will be reduced to level one with 780,000 xp? Or is all of your xp replaced say if you had over 1 million?

Will you still have your inventory or are items deleted?

Are quest items deleted?

If you keep your inventory, of course items equipped having ilr higher than lvl 1 will be unequipped into your inventory possibly causing some to drop on the ground. Sometimes this can trigger a bug where an item isn't retrievable. It will be stuck on the ground and last I knew has to be recreated since even a DM can't pick it up (if this is the case, it would be good to advise players to unequip everything before using the exlir if that's not already in the elixir dialogue.
Kalizzle
Count
Count

Post by Kalizzle »

vvelp wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:52 pm So am I clear that upon using the elixir you will be reduced to level one with 780,000 xp? Or is all of your xp replaced say if you had over 1 million?

Will you still have your inventory or are items deleted?

Are quest items deleted?

If you keep your inventory, of course items equipped having ilr higher than lvl 1 will be unequipped into your inventory possibly causing some to drop on the ground. Sometimes this can trigger a bug where an item isn't retrievable. It will be stuck on the ground and last I knew has to be recreated since even a DM can't pick it up (if this is the case, it would be good to advise players to unequip everything before using the exlir if that's not already in the elixir dialogue.
Your character is essentially deleted. Inventory and all...upon remaking the character with same name all of your quests will still be displayed as done and all xp you previously had will be restored not just enough to make you level 40...you will need to transfer all of your gear to either the transfer shelf or asking someone you know to help you with the transfer...the 2nd makes it easier to avoid the possible risk of loss of gear in event or server crash or reset.
-Lady Sabel
sergeil
Duke
Duke

Post by sergeil »

vvelp wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:52 pm So am I clear that upon using the elixir you will be reduced to level one with 780,000 xp? Or is all of your xp replaced say if you had over 1 million?
You can drop your character to level one with full XP available in state building. You don't need elexir for it.

If you use elexir, you delete your character with all equipment and money.

After you can create new character from start, to choice race, class, characteristics, skill points for your level 1.

If name of new character will be the same as name of deleted character, you will receive its full XP, list of quests finished, teleport places known.
sergeil
Duke
Duke

Post by sergeil »

You need elexir if you have strength based chaotic barbarian human, but want dexterity focused lawful rogue elf or dwarf.
Furious_ddd
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Furious_ddd »

[/quote]
If name of new character will be the same as name of deleted character, you will receive its full XP, list of quests finished, teleport places known.
[/quote]

*thinks to self, "how can I get, get mask to delete Halaster....and then walk away from his comp for 10 mins"

Hmmmmmm
Hafur Merhein - dwarven cleric
Kalizzle
Count
Count

Post by Kalizzle »

Furious_ddd wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:39 am
[/quote]

*thinks to self, "how can I get, get mask to delete Halaster....and then walk away from his comp for 10 mins"

Hmmmmmm
[/quote]

Hahaha. Chances of that happening are slim to less than nothing. :lol:
-Lady Sabel
sergeil
Duke
Duke

Post by sergeil »

Great joke, but I don't think it works. XP have to be linked to player+character name. So, even if Mask will delete Halaster and leave you to create yet another, you can't receive it's XP. But, sure, you can monopolise this name.

As I remember, if your character has only first name(without surname), then another player can create character with the same first name without surname.