Epic Shadow Lord query ?

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
SkyBlues87
Duke
Duke

Epic Shadow Lord query ?

Post by SkyBlues87 »

I have a character that is going to take nothing but Shadow Dancer levels and have just gotten the ability to summon the epic shadow lord ...

Couple of things noticed straight away that the old bug of more than 10 level difference seems to have been fixed for XP, a positive ..

But a couple of other things are not so good ...
Unlike any other summons this epic shadow lord is not given any stat bonuses unlike any other summons and is not given haste either ...
Are there specific reasons for this lack other than I know that as my character progresses in levels (current 23 10 ranger/13 SD) the epic shadow lord does increase as the character levels and does it get hasted at some point or not ?
Where there is a will there will be a way...
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Epic Shadow Lord query ?

Post by driller »

It auto levels by default.

https://nwn.fandom.com/wiki/Epic_shadowlord_(summon)

But this is a normal summons, not an Epic spell, it will not be like the mummy or knight.

https://nwn.fandom.com/wiki/Epic_spell

It does get haste when it is level 15.
SkyBlues87 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:50 pm I have a character that is going to take nothing but Shadow Dancer levels and have just gotten the ability to summon the epic shadow lord ...

Couple of things noticed straight away that the old bug of more than 10 level difference seems to have been fixed for XP, a positive ..

But a couple of other things are not so good ...
Unlike any other summons this epic shadow lord is not given any stat bonuses unlike any other summons and is not given haste either ...
Are there specific reasons for this lack other than I know that as my character progresses in levels (current 23 10 ranger/13 SD) the epic shadow lord does increase as the character levels and does it get hasted at some point or not ?
SkyBlues87
Duke
Duke

Re: Epic Shadow Lord query ?

Post by SkyBlues87 »

Thanks very much for the detailed explaination ...
Where there is a will there will be a way...