Item adjustments/removal thoughts.

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
SkyBlues87
Duke
Duke

Re: Item adjustments/removal thoughts.

Post by SkyBlues87 »

I just want to express my opinion on this rather old thread having looked all over the place I can not see where or when this happened but I only became aware of this issue in the last few days...

The issue is for me having a somewhat flakey character that has no magic usage that heal pots only giving a next to useless 150 heal points at high level is a waste of space and a totally unnecessary NERF... Heal pots are hard to find in the first place and then to use one in a hard fight to find as a result your flat footed whilst you drink one and then get hammered with a standard hit (non-critical) for 180+ damage makes the exercise totally redundant...

Driller you might as well remove heal pots from the loot tables altogether less you reconsider this absurd NERF..
Where there is a will there will be a way...
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

It was done to make clerics relevant. Why does your party need a healer? I would rather nerf the pots than have an entire class negated.

BSK is party based server first and foremost.
SkyBlues87 wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:55 am I just want to express my opinion on this rather old thread having looked all over the place I can not see where or when this happened but I only became aware of this issue in the last few days...

The issue is for me having a somewhat flakey character that has no magic usage that heal pots only giving a next to useless 150 heal points at high level is a waste of space and a totally unnecessary NERF... Heal pots are hard to find in the first place and then to use one in a hard fight to find as a result your flat footed whilst you drink one and then get hammered with a standard hit (non-critical) for 180+ damage makes the exercise totally redundant...

Driller you might as well remove heal pots from the loot tables altogether less you reconsider this absurd NERF..
Dyndrilliac
Baron
Baron

Post by Dyndrilliac »

I've abandoned all healing items except for greater restoration scrolls, resurrection scrolls, and raise dead scrolls. These are the only healing items I keep on hand. Resurrection rods too when I can acquire them. These items are usable by all classes without UMD, and Akon sells all three variety of scrolls. I buy 50 of each and then restock periodically. This is the best you can hope for playing solo as far as I can tell, and has the added benefit of being useful (on the verge of necessary) during raids as well.

As for heal pots in loot, they hardly weigh anything, and I just include them (all varieties, including antidote/lesser restoration) when I am feeding my pixie my trash. Trade them all in for gold to buy decent healing items.
SkyBlues87 wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:55 am I just want to express my opinion on this rather old thread having looked all over the place I can not see where or when this happened but I only became aware of this issue in the last few days...

Dyndrilliac
Baron
Baron

Post by Dyndrilliac »

There are times when people have to play solo if they want to play. Maybe the server doesn't have many people on at that time, maybe it's not a popular quest, whatever the case may be - there are times when solo play is necessary. Furthermore, not everyone wants to play a cleric. So, what is the option for people not playing a cleric and you must at least temporarily play solo?

GR scrolls. They can be used by any class, and they fully heal. Now, I don't want you to do this, so don't take this as a suggestion, but the only way to actually do what you are suggesting and not make the fact that a non-Cleric playing solo doesn't have a cleric on hand relevant is to remove this option. Again, I don't want you to do this, and I think it would be a silly, verging dare I say on the side of being a stupid thing to do, but if you want to make it necessary to have a healer, then the only way to do it remove GR scrolls as an option as well. This screws over not only solo players, but people raiding too. But that is the only way to make a Cleric a required party member as you seem to want to do.

So given that this is the only way to accomplish your goal and it is also a very undesirable thing to do, why bother going down this path at all? What do you gain from making all healing items except GR/res/raise scrolls useless past level 15-20? Clerics are still not required, people can still solo the whole game 1-40, as Yunim and all the rest of the epic character builders on the board like to say all the time Battle Clerics are useless in raids completely outclassed by full melee alternative abusing Divine Might, so the only way to be a relevant cleric is to play a high DC caster cleric stacking implosion. and healing the tank in raids. I just don't see what you gain by going through all this effort to quite frankly, accomplish nothing.
driller wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:38 am It was done to make clerics relevant. Why does your party need a healer? I would rather nerf the pots than have an entire class negated.

driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

GR scrolls was a compromise as players had put a lot of working into making quite a few scrolls. I had always intended on nerfing them later, I just forgot as other things came up. Now everyone is going to be mad at you for jogging my memory.
Dyndrilliac wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:19 pm There are times when people have to play solo if they want to play. Maybe the server doesn't have many people on at that time, maybe it's not a popular quest, whatever the case may be - there are times when solo play is necessary. Furthermore, not everyone wants to play a cleric. So, what is the option for people not playing a cleric and you must at least temporarily play solo?

GR scrolls. They can be used by any class, and they fully heal. Now, I don't want you to do this, so don't take this as a suggestion, but the only way to actually do what you are suggesting and not make the fact that a non-Cleric playing solo doesn't have a cleric on hand relevant is to remove this option. Again, I don't want you to do this, and I think it would be a silly, verging dare I say on the side of being a stupid thing to do, but if you want to make it necessary to have a healer, then the only way to do it remove GR scrolls as an option as well. This screws over not only solo players, but people raiding too. But that is the only way to make a Cleric a required party member as you seem to want to do.

So given that this is the only way to accomplish your goal and it is also a very undesirable thing to do, why bother going down this path at all? What do you gain from making all healing items except GR/res/raise scrolls useless past level 15-20? Clerics are still not required, people can still solo the whole game 1-40, as Yunim and all the rest of the epic character builders on the board like to say all the time Battle Clerics are useless in raids completely outclassed by full melee alternative abusing Divine Might, so the only way to be a relevant cleric is to play a high DC caster cleric stacking implosion. and healing the tank in raids. I just don't see what you gain by going through all this effort to quite frankly, accomplish nothing.
driller wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:38 am It was done to make clerics relevant. Why does your party need a healer? I would rather nerf the pots than have an entire class negated.

Paffimal
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Paffimal »

I've played on a lot of servers back in the day and this server is pretty top notch. I am still pretty new so I haven't got to participate in end game stuff yet so this is just A thoght from my experiences on other servers similar to this one. What about special items for playing mostly pure classes? I know I played on one server can't remember the name but they had specific gear for mostly pure classes. For example 25 lbs of barbarian would qualify you for the armor that was I believe +15 soak 10 and 8 enhance with 15 regen on it and the axe had 8 vampirism regen. 21 lvl of cleric got you armor that was clicky greater sanc and the mace was clicky circle of healing. It made barbs viable tanks and the cleric stuff really helped to not waste spells till boss fights. Only other one I remember was the scimitar for 21 lvl of weapon master had vorepal on it. There was A shop and you had to get tokens to buy the stuff so boss fights sucked until you had it.